John Schmidt's 626

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Another facebook puppet/rodent of fake news - many members have already offered good $ for their own signed copy - and received no answer - so his and bca's monetary return has been weak at best - if u would have followed the same business model that j.s. and bca have - u have about as good uh' chance of being a successful marketing strategist - as a proverbial snow ball flying through the lower regions of hell. Just cause we are asking for proof of the claim - does NOT mean - we are conspiracy theorist's (but that does seem to be a common theme from u facebook puppets). So you'll have to do better than that puppet - my grip is probly much stronger than that of yer's capiche? Also Mosconi's record is not bca/j's. intellectual property - nor is it for sale or rent.
Then I guess that it just personally burns you that JS owns the rights to the video and he won't let you see it. Well, it's his video and he can do with it what he wants. He obviously never found a way to make a lot of money from the record run, outside of the extra money that he got from Predator based on his contract with them.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In these type of situations, I think that it's always best to put yourself in the other person's shoes. If I was John Schmidt and I provided the unedited video to the BCA and the BCA certified the run as legit based on that video, why would I care if their are other players with a bone to pick that are demanding that they see the unedited video too?

Frankly, I don't think that I would care. That video would be my intellectual property and as long as a type of governing body in pool analyzed the video and agreed that the run was legit, that is as much as I would probably do.

Sure, many people would love to view the entire run for free. So they throw mud at John and try to pressure him to release the unedited video and accuse the BCA and him of a grand conspiracy until he does so. While that is obviously the track that some of you have took, I think that I will ignore the conspiracy theory in this case, because John has done about all that I would have personally done in this situation. :thumbup:

EDIT: And I already know...people are going to claim that they don't want to see the unedited video for FREE, what they really want to do is to CERTIFY that the run is legit themselves. Really? So unless every Tom, Dick, and Harry pool player also certifies that the run was legit, then it's not legit? I don't think so...

No, that's not really the central claim.

Part of the problem, amongst several issues, is people talking about the BCA as if were actually a big, well run organization that would automatically fulfill whatever requests for "certification" it received with some sense of proper due diligence. But in past conversations on this subject it came to light that the "BCA certification" was accomplished by two guys at that office who have dubious 14.1 credentials. So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.

Lou Figueroa

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

Part of the problem, amongst several issues, is people talking about the BCA as if were actually a big, well run organization that would automatically fulfill whatever requests for "certification" it received with some sense of proper due diligence. But in past conversations on this subject it came to light that the "BCA certification" was accomplished by two guys at that office who have dubious 14.1 credentials. So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.

Lou Figueroa
So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.
I really don't know if this is a reasonable assertion or not. I don't know who specifically reviewed the video and their qualifications. Did someone from Predator review the video to confirm the run on their own? Or did they use the BCA certification? I heard that JS would receive extra money from Predator for breaking the record, so I assume that they did some kind of due diligence themselves. If JS got paid extra money by Predator, that is typically a case where the run would need to judged as rock solid by them before they would pay a big hunk of change to JS.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ownership rights

Then I guess that it just personally burns you that JS owns the rights to the video and he won't let you see it. Well, it's his video and he can do with it what he wants. He obviously never found a way to make a lot of money from the record run, outside of the extra money that he got from Predator based on his contract with them.

While he may own the rights to his fictional now defunct claim of 626 - neither he or bca has any form of propriety in regards to Mosconi's 526. Mosconi has much more than a chopped video in relation to verifiable evidence. Any more questions from the peanut puppet gallery?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
question mode

I really don't know if this is a reasonable assertion or not. I don't know who specifically reviewed the video and their qualifications. Did someone from Predator review the video to confirm the run on their own? Or did they use the BCA certification? I heard that JS would receive extra money from Predator for breaking the record, so I assume that they did some kind of due diligence themselves. If JS got paid extra money by Predator, that is typically a case where the run would need to judged as rock solid by them before they would pay a big hunk of change to JS.

Now u duck into question mode - another familiar facebook puppet pattern.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
While he may own the rights to his fictional now defunct claim of 626 - neither he or bca has any form of propriety in regards to Mosconi's 526. Mosconi has much more than a chopped video in relation to verifiable evidence. Any more questions from the peanut puppet gallery?
Because YOU personally call the 626 a defunct claim does not make it so. We have the BCA and Predator that believes that the run is legit. Do you really think that Predator would pay out on a contract obligation if the run was defunct? I don't think so.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
incorrect

Because YOU personally call the 626 a defunct claim does not make it so. We have the BCA and Predator that believes that the run is legit. Do you really think that Predator would pay out on a contract obligation if the run was defunct? I don't think so.

After almost two years of them trying to sell the idea that there is an unedited video - and still no video available - does lean towards the healthy conclusion -that their chopped video is either defunct and or fictional media marketing propaganda. So I seeno magic in yer 8 ball.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
After almost two years of them trying to sell the idea that there is an unedited video - and still no video available - does lean towards the healthy conclusion -that their chopped video is either defunct and or fictional media marketing propaganda. So I seeno magic in yer 8 ball.
One thing is very clear - you want it to be untrue.

Gee, I wonder why...

pj
chgo

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
One thing I am sure of... I have not seen a thread this much fun since Russian Kenny came to visit.

Cuebuddy>>>YEEHA

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe it is very reasonable.

If you're not totally Covid or otherwise bored shitless here’s a thread to read:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?506237&p=6564419#post6564419

For those not so bored, below is a specific post that is pertinent.

If true, these two guys are, basically, the BCA PR guy and a guy who is interested in race tracks. Now, IMO, if you are the governing body of pool, you do not allow these two guys to “certify” jack diddly-do-da when it comes to anyone's 14.1 run. You say to yourself, “Self, this is about Willie Mosconi’s 14.1 run. Maybe we should get a couple of our 14.1 HOF guys, like Nick Varner and Mike Sigel, how about Ray Martin and Dallas West, to watch this puppy and make sure it's kosher.

But that’s just my opinion. Regardless, it’s why some of this is in reasonable dispute.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 6.19.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 6.19.00 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At the BCA: the PR guy and a race track guy.

And in recent years the BCA has been more about selling hot tubs than anything pool. I have not heard about Predator paying out anything. Do you have knowledge to share?

Lou Figueroa
always interested
in learning new stuff

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
who the heck is RK???? Is he about the same level as js? If so, throw him in the pot to stew.
Here's one for y'all,
Are we having fun yet?
Not just no, but hell no.
I quit school because they had recess.
I'm seriously trying to embarrass these fictitious js626 believers, who pretend to believe it because js/someone said he did it without valid proof.

No doubt about it, you are doing a fine job trying. Kenny is a fine player and a big time action guy. You and DH have no doubt crossed paths with the Russian at one time or another. I would bet you are having a little fun with this too;)

Keep up the heel digging, its been interesting to say the least:clapping:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you seen this roster on LinkedIn?
Some pretty heavy hitters on the list...not that any of them were necessarily viewers of alleged vid, but is an interesting list.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I believe it is very reasonable.

If you're not totally Covid or otherwise bored shitless here’s a thread to read:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?506237&p=6564419#post6564419

For those not so bored, below is a specific post that is pertinent.

If true, these two guys are, basically, the BCA PR guy and a guy who is interested in race tracks. Now, IMO, if you are the governing body of pool, you do not allow these two guys to “certify” jack diddly-do-da when it comes to anyone's 14.1 run. You say to yourself, “Self, this is about Willie Mosconi’s 14.1 run. Maybe we should get a couple of our 14.1 HOF guys, like Nick Varner and Mike Sigel, how about Ray Martin and Dallas West, to watch this puppy and make sure it's kosher.

But that’s just my opinion. Regardless, it’s why some of this is in reasonable dispute.

Lou Figueroa
That post is 9 months old and those names were out on the forum an additional 5 months before that in another thread...let's not act like you just uncovered something that wasn't beaten to death already the last time you brought it up. I knew the names because I searched back 5 months and found them here.. Search a little deeper. Every point you are bringing up now was hashed out when you brought them up 9 months ago. Note I'm not suggesting anything was resolved...thats never happening.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
5bc54a2959c2ec97fd7814a46bb2eebd.jpg

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That post is 9 months old and those names were out on the forum an additional 5 months before that in another thread...let's not act like you just uncovered something that wasn't beaten to death already the last time you brought it up. I knew the names because I searched back 5 months and found them here.. Search a little deeper. Every point you are bringing up now was hashed out when you brought them up 9 months ago. Note I'm not suggesting anything was resolved...thats never happening.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
5bc54a2959c2ec97fd7814a46bb2eebd.jpg

I didn't post that as any sort of a "reveal."

Your post was the first time I recalled seeing the BCA guys ID'd, so when I searched I was looking for your post. Maybe it was somewhere else but I don't remember. As to BD, I stopped subscribing to it a few years back.

Lou Figueroa

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
At the BCA: the PR guy and a race track guy.

And in recent years the BCA has been more about selling hot tubs than anything pool. I have not heard about Predator paying out anything. Do you have knowledge to share?

Lou Figueroa
always interested
in learning new stuff
I thought that it was widely known through John's interviews after the 626 run that John had a stipulation in his contract with Predator, where they would pay him a lot of extra cash if he broke Mosconi's record. (I recall that the amount was 50k -- but don't quote me on that. I'm too lazy to go back and re-listen to all of his post-run interviews to try to find where this was discussed). But please see attached for a facebook post that John had made in the past indicating that yes indeed, he had been paid well for breaking the record.

Attachments

• JS The 626 Paid Great.png
    JS The 626 Paid Great.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 203

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that it was widely known through John's interviews after the 626 run that John had a stipulation in his contract with Predator, where they would pay him a lot of extra cash if he broke Mosconi's record. (I recall that the amount was 50k -- but don't quote me on that. I'm too lazy to go back and re-listen to all of his post-run interviews to try to find where this was discussed). But please see attached for a facebook post that John had made in the past indicating that yes indeed, he had been paid well for breaking the record.

What would you expect the guy to say?

In any case it's not exactly the most compelling of financial disclosure statements, IMO.

Lou Figueroa

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would you expect the guy to say?

In any case it's not exactly the most compelling of financial disclosure statements, IMO.

Lou Figueroa

Are you thinking he should release a 1099?

All of the energy placed in the "Never 626" camps leads me to believe that no matter what is produced at this point it won't be enough.

Honestly, if I were JS, I wouldn't release the video now if for no other reason than to remain under the skin of the small minority of "Never 626".