Ball cleaner project

Tlchas

Hi all, new here and thought I'd share the ball cleaner I made in my workshop recently. Mostly similar to diamond, proven product so no sense re inventing.

I did buy a diamond carpet kit but otherwise made or sourced parts myself.

I didn't want a black box in the game room so used walnut and birch.

IMG_20201119_065601.jpg

Tlchas

Nice jointery too. I like how you kept the walnut and birch their natural colors. Is woodworking your hobby?
It's became a hobby, started buying tools trying to keep up with an old house. Lots to learn still.

Made this about a year ago. The littman lights are great but don't weigh enough to handle slapping beads around with your cue. Chalkboard backer comes in handy often too.

IMG_20191229_160543.jpg

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice machine, looks great! Did you make the floating spindle or buy one?

Here's a machine on steroids you may be interested in....

Tlchas

Nice machine, looks great! Did you make the floating spindle or buy one?

Here's a machine on steroids you may be interested in....
Ya found your video when I was looking around at ideas, cool double ring idea. I kept it simple mostly to control the footprint.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nice, now explain why you have a baseball on a dowel rod attached to a piece of wood. Is that a hammer of some sort?

Tlchas

Nice, now explain why you have a baseball on a dowel rod attached to a piece of wood. Is that a hammer of some sort?

No, my son is a baseball player. That was a mock up for a hat rack I made him.

Attachments

• 1605832459140681617096875268170.jpg
    1605832459140681617096875268170.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 130

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing the same thing, already have the carpet and spindle kit. If you don't mind checking for me, what is the exact diameter of the opening on the machine? I'd like it to be exactly the same as on the diamond as I assume they've tested for the best spindle fit.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something to be aware of if building a Diamond type machine... the center of the revolving platter is offset slightly from the center of the round opening. This gives the balls a multi-axis spin so they clean better.

Tlchas

I'm doing the same thing, already have the carpet and spindle kit. If you don't mind checking for me, what is the exact diameter of the opening on the machine? I'd like it to be exactly the same as on the diamond as I assume they've tested for the best spindle fit.
10" outer ring, platter 12.5. then as said below Off set the 10 inches to line up with the edge of the platter for best ball rotation.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seriously beautiful creative work. Always said pool is more than a game... a lot of good things go along with it. Enjoy and Welcome aboard.

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks very nice. I have the buffer in a bucket. I keep it in a closet. I had everything I needed to make it laying around. It works well.