Mosconi 526 Stop the Steal

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy runs 400 plus numberous times. He dedicated a year of his life to achieve a goal...626.

Show some class and just say CONGRATULATIONS

Many folks make the mistake of believing that if you can run 100 you can run 200.

But that is not so. Most players who run 100 never see 200, much less 300, except in their dreams. And that is because the level of difficulty in extending the run grows exponentially.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
U got more excuses than carter had little pills. They went out of business, too.

You must be needing some business, how much is the sconi fam paying you to fight for the bullshit records honor every hr of every day?

Must be the BIG BUCKS for that much crazy

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
It’s just a game, y’know that, don’t cha? IVe been known to argue both sides just to argue. You don’t play that game very well either, now, do u? There’s only about five known shots to practice and then you should be able to score from anywhere.
No shit you argue just to argue.

I like my chances at my game over someone that thinks 5 is all you need to know lol

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
<Hands up>
Pool noob here and I have a question :LOL:
Why is this record not in Guinness World Records ?
If this record by Florian most number of trick shots in 24 hours is in why isn't the 626 in ?
Or it does not pass Guinness World of records guidelines?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Stop the steal, eh.

"Interest" was much higner than expected. Record breaking and historic, actually. So they needed to hit the gas. Ultimately, it will be their undoing.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
<Hands up>
Pool noob here and I have a question :LOL:
If this record by Florian most number of trick shots in 24 hours is in why isn't the 626 in ?
Correct. This is a record that Guinness does not cover. There are a bunch of them, actually.

-td

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct. This is a record that Guinness does not cover. There are a bunch of them, actually.

-td

Becaaaaaaause no one has gone to the trouble of complying with the standards Guinness has in place to certify a record.

If a pool player were to do so, it'd be in da book.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Pool noob here and I have a question
Do you mean the Mosconi or Schmidt record?

Same reason for both.

Sent from the future.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Becaaaaaaause no one has gone to the trouble of complying with the standards Guinness has in place to certify a record.

If a pool player were to do so, it'd be in da book.

Lou Figueroa
Exactly. Nobody is in the Guinness record book for a 14.1 high run. I believe BCA is currently the only authority for this particular record.

There aren't many pool game related records (no 9-ball, 8-ball, US Open, etc. that I saw), although there are a some overall records and a fair number of snooker records as well. A few of the the interesting pool/billiards records I saw ->
  • Most Mosconi Cup appearances (Johnny (US) Ralph (EU) - both 17!),
  • Most Century Breaks (Ronnie! (of course)),
  • Youngest World Pool Champion (Chia-ching Wu @16yrs!),
  • Longest duration balancing a pool cue on the forehead (2 hours 15 minutes!), and
  • a nice set of trick shot records held by Venom!
-td

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Maybe JS should have arranged to get in the Guinness Book and then he could probably get on the Merv Griffin Show, get an endorsement deal with Burger Chef and maybe see if he could stump Arlene Francis and Soupy Sales on an episode of What's My Line?

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've never see someone try so hard to be clever and fail so miserably at it. This Schmidt feller is doing a real number on that fragile noggin of yours. He may never convince you of 626 but he clearly owns your every waking minute. Maybe that Guinness fellow would be interested in that accomplishment

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I believe you’re missing something in the translation. This is a game to me and I’ll play as long as I want to. I use worms like you two for bait. Just fishing.
he has never, to my knowledge, posted anything to anyone, especially not to me, on these AzB forums re: js626. Where do u get ur push from? Relatively speaking.
I'm not pro-JS, never met the guy, don't play 14.1, don't care who can shoot the most balls in a row.

I'm just anti-nonsense.

Sent from the future.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
I AM VERY FLATTERED AND HUMBLED
THAT MY STYLE IS CATCHING ON

I have to say that I think posts formatted this way are screwing up my email notifications. When a post like this comes into my mail reader it ends up elongating the message so I have to scroll down a huge amount to get to the end of it. All posts from this one thread are like that! I hope your style doesn't catch on!

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I choose to believe Bob Jewett. If he says he watched the video and the man ran 626, then that is good enough for me.

But if someone personally dislikes JS, or if they will only believe something if they see it with their own eyes, Bob's testimony needs to be discarded or his character impuned and everything about him discredited. People have a huge sense of self-importantance these days. There is no room anymore for common sense and logic.

_______

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
You g_a_g are hereby set free. The truth, nothing but the truth, the whole truth.
This was not an original John Schmidt scheme. The constant drum of maybe someone else setting a 14.1 hi-run record above 526.
Mark Griffin, CSI set this 526 assault in motion in 2011 by offering $10k for the 526 to be exceeded during their 14.1 hi-run contest. Bob Jewett became a willing participant by offering a similar amount of monetary award to the same end, making it $20k to increase the hi-run above 526 with the possibility that with other donators, they could increase the total to $50k or even $100k in the years to come. Others did make later offers to increase the award for setting a record run. Do they still have an axe to grind with the existing 526 record? Who knows?
Then along came John (why not me) Schmidt in 2019, and the rest of the story is yet to be told.
Hang Loose, it’s bound to come out, bit by bit.
The next "chapter" will have to be a postscript or afterword. The story has already been written and the [record] books closed. All that's left are side notes to a high run. That is, even if the 626 doesn't stand as the official record, it will always be part of the high run story. Perhaps all it will get is an asterisk and a footnote, but it won't simply fade away.

Also, there is some additional irony in that the numerous threads/posts on this topic only serve to extend JS's relevance. So long as the dispute remains, JS's name will be associated with the record. Ultimately, he may not retain the record, but he has definitely gotten his 15 minutes of fame.

-td

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Someone shot an arrow into the air,
it fell to earth, near the tree that had fallen there,
near the BCA-pool record book, none of which will ever be found! Frauds abound
Not long afterward, on the ground,
The BCA record-book was found;
And that tome had in it
Confirmation of a record to John Schimdt.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You g_a_g are hereby set free. The truth, nothing but the truth, the whole truth.
This was not an original John Schmidt scheme. The constant drum of maybe someone else setting a 14.1 hi-run record above 526.
Mark Griffin, CSI set this 526 assault in motion in 2011 by offering $10k for the 526 to be exceeded during their 14.1 hi-run contest. Bob Jewett became a willing participant by offering a similar amount of monetary award to the same end, making it $20k to increase the hi-run above 526 with the possibility that with other donators, they could increase the total to $50k or even $100k in the years to come. Others did make later offers to increase the award for setting a record run. Do they still have an axe to grind with the existing 526 record? Who knows?
Then along came John (why not me) Schmidt in 2019, and the rest of the story is yet to be told.
Hang Loose, it’s bound to come out, bit by bit.
Thread '14.1 Hi-Run Challenge at BCAPL'
https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/14-1-hi-run-challenge-at-bcapl.231507/
I believe that Jay Helfert also mentioned that he would be willing to pay 10k to the person who beats the 526, if he was given the exclusive rights to the video of the run. We all saw JS doing run after run, putting up big numbers, with a few runs over 400. It is totally feasible that the run is legit. Did Bob and Mark give JS 10k each after he beat the high run? I don't recall anyone confirming this. Or maybe the run didn't meet their own specific criteria for a payout?