Mosconi Cup Day Two

Scrunge19

Registered
The Dazn stream still sucks. It's hard to watch one full game without having it go off and you have to reboot. By the time you get back on you've missed a couple of shots.
It seems like the reliability of the DAZN stream is strongly influenced by how you're trying to access it. I've streamed all of it on my tv via my ps4 and haven't had any issues at all.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Please somebody if you know the producer of Matchroom, tell them to remove the background angry mob sound, for the love of god it adds absolutely nothing, why would anyone want an annoying like football fans yelling in the background? its pool.

An angry mob is hilarious especially the guy who suddenly yells asking for his candy or whatever.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I dont get why people are having trouble with the stream. I downloaded the app to my phone, paid the 20 bucks and cast it to my tv. Not a single hiccup. No delays or out of sync AV. High quality and very pleased with the purchase.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like the reliability of the DAZN stream is strongly influenced by how you're trying to access it. I've streamed all of it on my tv via my ps4 and haven't had any issues at all.
I'm watching it on my desktop, and it's the best Mosconi Cup stream I've ever had. Not a single instance of buffering in two days. (So far.)

Hot tip for Team USA: Learn how to win the lag. :cool:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The play is much better today. Shane and Jasyson were both pretty solid in Match 6. Great effort by Woodward and Robinson in Match 7, too. They nearly pulled off the upset, but Shaw's carom to win Rack 7 was one of the very best shots of this Mosconi, and, in my assessment. it ultimately decided the match.

Finally, I've not had a moment's trouble with the DAZN stream either yesterday or today.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont get why people are having trouble with the stream. I downloaded the app to my phone, paid the 20 bucks and cast it to my tv. Not a single hiccup. No delays or out of sync AV. High quality and very pleased with the purchase.

likely router related. i restarted mine and have had zero problems since

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm watching it on my desktop, and it's the best Mosconi Cup stream I've ever had. Not a single instance of buffering in two days. (So far.)

On Day One, two singles matches went double hill. In one of them, Chris Robinson broke against Kaci and lost the match. In the other, Albin Ouschan broke against SVB and lost the match. It's not about the lag. Everyone is getting plenty of chances in this Mosconi. Matches are being decided by who is cashing in those chances. Winning the lag helps, but it's not as important as it might seem. The finest match I've ever seen at the Mosconi was Woodward vs Ouschan in 2018, which went double hill. Ouschan broke that rack, but lost the match.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Yeah this right here!! I can hear it now if USA loses.....

"What could you have done differently to turn out a win"

USA: "Not dog the lag EVER match "

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
DAZN has been perfect for me. Better play today, tough on the hill for the American's so far. Maybe it will even out later.

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget practicing to run out USA. You need to practice lagging! It’s costing you matches!!

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, I have streamed it via a browser (Chrome) on my PC, and have not had 1 issue, with good quality picture throughout.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Gorst made Deuel disappear and it's 6-2 Europe. Team USA is in the danger zone here and if they don't get one of the next two matches, the Mosconi could possibly end on Thursday. Need to turn this around right now!

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
this match is huge for USA...really just can't lose this one.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Fedor Gorst has had an interesting ride of late.

2019 Omitted from Team Europe at the Mosconi despite winning the European 9-ball Championship in which he beat Filler in the final.
2019 Wins WPA World 9-ball championship, beating JL Chang in the final
2020 Denied entry to the Derby City Classic because he was too young
2020 Wins a singles match over Corey Deuel at the Mosconi Cup

Interesting post-match interview with Fedor. He played Russian Pyramid only until he was ten, then switched to pool at the behest of his coach.