Asking for a friend. What is the best cheaper Sneaky Pete to buy

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who is starting out in playing and what’s to buy a decent cheaper sneaky Pete to play while he is learning. One that will play good but cost 2-300. I recommend Players and maybe Action but that was back in the day as I do not know to much about them now. What do you recommend. I have seen some on eBay cheap but don’t know if they are any good. Players used to make a real good cue for the price and I have been told that players and action cues come out the same factory. Thanks for any help. I know some of you know cues pretty good and would steer him right

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who is starting out in playing and what’s to buy a decent cheaper sneaky Pete to play while he is learning. One that will play good but cost 2-300. I recommend Players and maybe Action but that was back in the day as I do not know to much about them now. What do you recommend. I have seen some on eBay cheap but don’t know if they are any good. Players used to make a real good cue for the price and I have been told that players and action cues come out the same factory. Thanks for any help. I know some of you know cues pretty good and would steer him right
Schmelke

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Based on what I read on this forum from 100 other posts, I think the vote would be a Schmelke or players sneaky pete.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here's a start:

Some of the Best Sneaky Pete Pool Cues 2020

Best sneaky Pete cue for the cheapest

ebay >$300

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a local cue maker, it should be cheap to have him put a pin in a house cue. It doesn’t get much sneakier or cheaper.

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
Players is far better quality than the schmelke I must say
I had always heard the opposite (I think), but have been away from the game entirely for about 4+ years...and I'm old and my memory is sloppy. Asking because I was just on the Schmelke website today looking to pick up something in 60-61 inch range. To be honest, have never hit a ball with either. May have to reconsider... Hmmm.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had always heard the opposite (I think), but have been away from the game entirely for about 4+ years...and I'm old and my memory is sloppy. Asking because I was just on the Schmelke website today looking to pick up something in 60-61 inch range. To be honest, have never hit a ball with either. May have to reconsider... Hmmm.
Schmelke is far better than Players. A lot of big name sneaky pete buliders have also used Schmelke blanks.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The finish is garbage on schmelke, the joint fit is lacking

The players sp finish is still slick and glossy 2 yrs later, and the joint disappears, no overhang, perfectly made, no roll whatsoever, together apart taper or butt

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The finish is garbage on schmelke, the joint fit is lacking

The players sp finish is still slick and glossy 2 yrs later, and the joint disappears, no overhang, perfectly made, no roll whatsoever, together apart taper or butt
The finish on my Schmelke could be better(more gloss) but it's acceptable.
The joint is close to perfect in fit.
In fact the whole cue is a lot better then the $230 I paid for it.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ive owned both before