Revo light reflection?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the revo but at certain angles the first five inches of the shaft I can see reflection of light arrays from the top, anyone found a solution to this other than the obvious “using wooden shafts”.

p.s. Do you think the the future we will see white shafts? I’m dying to have a white shaft on my white cue ;) maybe CF painted white? Call it Wevo

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two Revo's have a matte finish. I've never seen a reflection. As for a white shaft, NEVER. If its painted I envision it becoming sticky. I have a three piece CF cue that has some type of black finish that's different than the Revo and its not as smooth.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just pulled out the Revo and Jacoby. The Revo is shinier than the Black. The Black is definitely more matte than the Revo. Both have some shine to them but I'd still call the Revo a matte finish. I've never noticed a shine while playing.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the revo but at certain angles the first five inches of the shaft I can see reflection of light arrays from the top, anyone found a solution to this other than the obvious “using wooden shafts”.

p.s. Do you think the the future we will see white shafts? I’m dying to have a white shaft on my white cue ;) maybe CF painted white? Call it Wevo
CF is black. Its also super resistant to any attempt at dying it. The only way to color it is to paint it. As stated above any painting will result in a sticky surface. Anyone remember those early fiberglass-coated Cuetecs and how sticky they were? Painting CF would be much the same.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CF is black. Its also super resistant to any attempt at dying it. The only way to color it is to paint it. As stated above any painting will result in a sticky surface. Anyone remember those early fiberglass-coated Cuetecs and how sticky they were? Painting CF would be much the same.

One of my best shafts used to be a cuetec fiberglass I think it was prior to the release of the SST shaft, I remember playing very well with it and I just apply some powder and it plays very nicely.

It did not have the logo sst I think I bought it with a cuetec cue in around 1999 or something.

I also remember it being very thin, I can’t remember the taper or thickness but it was probably down the 12.2mm or something like that but really I wish I can find this shaft, I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
CF shafts come in 3 versions that I know about.... plain.... matt.. and shiny black.................. the matt and the black finish can be wet sanded off with 600 wet/dry paper... finish with 1000 paper and then wax it

Kim

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CF shafts come in 3 versions that I know about.... plain.... matt.. and shiny black.................. the matt and the black finish can be wet sanded off with 600 wet/dry paper... finish with 1000 paper and then wax it

Kim
What a great idea to pay a premium price for a shaft to mess with it afterwards...

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my best shafts used to be a cuetec fiberglass I think it was prior to the release of the SST shaft, I remember playing very well with it and I just apply some powder and it plays very nicely.

It did not have the logo sst I think I bought it with a cuetec cue in around 1999 or something.

I also remember it being very thin, I can’t remember the taper or thickness but it was probably down the 12.2mm or something like that but really I wish I can find this shaft, I loved it.

Anyone one that uses powder should be permanently banned from all pool halls

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you obviously have no actual experience about the subject that you ridicule..................
That was just my common sense ...
What is obviously for me those who pay the premium price usually do it to get perfectly what they expected but not to ...
nevermind if you did not get it...

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured out something last night about this, The reflected light on the first few inches in the shaft is not directly from the light above, but it is kind of a reflection of the light reflected from the cue ball, I experimented when no cue ball as Iam aiming into nothing and there was zero bright color or whiteness, then I put the cue ball and at certain angle I see the first few inches illuminated white and bright.

Anyway I guess it’s because the style I aim, my ferrule is close to the white cueball, for people who keep distance as they aim between the ferrule and cueball will not notice anything.

I experimented then with a wooden shaft and still this was happening even on wood but I guess because wood is light color and brightness from light reflection wasn’t affecting it much, plus maybe I was used to it.

Anyway just my extended thoughts.