Anyone else think the inter state ivory ban is dumb?

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Ivory laws to protect elephants and their tusks seems helpful.

It is however another source of revenue for those liking and wishing to take
things you have, or penalize you for your choice of sport.

If it is too good to be true, take note.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BS most people don't play with ivory, they just show it off. As far as a feather, I sure don't like people killing elephants especially since there is no real purpose to it. It's almost always an incredibly sad loss when an elephant dies.
I prefer ivory ferrules, I like how they play and really like how they stay clean. Not a lot to be said for “showing off” a ferrule.
That being said, I haven’t ordered a cue with ivory ferrule for a many years, but I have no qualms about buying an old cue with ivory.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
At the late stage of life I'm in, I really hate hassles. I avoid them all I can. I'm glad that none of my cues have ivory.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only ones clinging to ivory in cues are boomers and the "my personal choices above all else" crowd. Cracks me up seeing all of the cues for sale advertised with "natural material" or "good white stuff" or "preferred material."

And for those who say that "nothing hits like ivory", that's like saying "big pins hit better than piloted". Makes no sense.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
BS most people don't play with ivory, they just show it off. As far as a feather, I sure don't like people killing elephants especially since there is no real purpose to it. It's almost always an incredibly sad loss when an elephant dies.
No real purpose?

Tell that to the Botswana farmers that toil sunrise to sunset all year, just to have elephants destroy their cropland in a single evening, as the ever growing numbers exceed their habitat.

The meat is not wasted, it is put to a good need. And the six figure fees collected are used for further conservation.

Like most anti-hunters, conservation is beyond their limited tunnel vision

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
No real purpose?

Tell that to the Botswana farmers that toil sunrise to sunset all year, just to have elephants destroy their cropland in a single evening, as the ever growing numbers exceed their habitat.

The meat is not wasted, it is put to a good need. And the six figure fees collected are used for further conservation.

Like most anti-hunters, conservation is beyond their limited tunnel vision
Jimmyco, you know exactly what I'm talking about, please don't try to spin it. The poachers and rich white hunters from the US killing animals and the fees collected don't undo the damage that is done when you can't bring that elephant back. I am far from an antihunter.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banning ivory is as ignorant as banning guns.

Enforce the laws that are in place against poaching. There should be no issue with owning ivory that is properly and responsibly sourced.

Last edited:

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope that 'distinct hit' is worth the possible fines. Ernie at Gina almost went to prison 'cause of this. Look, a lot the pre-ban stuff is gone. Proving what one has or has sold is legal is nearly impossible. Get used to a new distinct hit. Piano players got used to 'a new feel'.
Proving your innocent? Backwards thinking ,Anyone ever heard of the bill of rights or the constitution and that silly ol' stuff. But america aint AMERICA any more is it. land o snow flakes an pussy hats an activist judges oh yea! it's all for your own good Comrade!
Yes retarded.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Jimmyco, you know exactly what I'm talking about, please don't try to spin it. The poachers and rich white hunters from the US killing animals and the fees collected don't undo the damage that is done when you can't bring that elephant back. I am far from an antihunter.
When one compares "rich white hunters" who are culling (which is required and will be done with the benefit of hunters' deep pockets or the government paying professional hunters) to poachers, it makes me wonder.

Conservation 101

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proving your innocent? Backwards thinking ,Anyone ever heard of the bill of rights or the constitution and that silly ol' stuff. But america aint AMERICA any more is it. land o snow flakes an pussy hats an activist judges oh yea! it's all for your own good Comrade!
Yes retarded.
BOR and the Constitution have NOTHING to do with it. I'm pretty damn familiar with both and i must have have missed the part about about this subject.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
BOR and the Constitution have NOTHING to do with it. I'm pretty damn familiar with both and i must have have missed the part about about this subject.
Really? Having to prove you are innocent rather than your government proving you are guilty? are you serious? Did Ernie "prove" he was innocent? if so then, THAT'S FUCKING BACKWARDS. Ya know innocent until proven guilty. Is that dumb too?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
So what part of my post did you fail to understand?
"Proving what one has or has sold is legal is nearly impossible."
Me
"Proving your innocent? Backwards thinking ,Anyone ever heard of the bill of rights or the constitution and that silly ol' stuff. But america aint AMERICA any more is it. land o snow flakes an pussy hats an activist judges oh yea! it's all for your own good Comrade!"
Yes retarded.
Who's job is it to prove?

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
see where that might apply to this quote; "Proving what one has or has sold is legal is nearly impossible."

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banning ivory is as ignorant as banning guns.

Enforce the laws that are in place against poaching. There should be no issue with owning ivory that is properly and responsibly sourced.
And narrow-minded views like that are why there’s a problem. “My ivory is good, so don’t penalize me.”

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When one compares "rich white hunters" who are culling (which is required and will be done with the benefit of hunters' deep pockets or the government paying professional hunters) to poachers, it makes me wonder.

Conservation 101
Yes elephants are thriving in some areas and causing problems for farmers. But here’s the problem with your “Conservation 101”....poachers don’t apply for permits and responsibly cull over-populated areas. So, try again.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what part of my post did you fail to understand?
"Proving what one has or has sold is legal is nearly impossible."
Me
"Proving your innocent? Backwards thinking ,Anyone ever heard of the bill of rights or the constitution and that silly ol' stuff. But america aint AMERICA any more is it. land o snow flakes an pussy hats an activist judges oh yea! it's all for your own good Comrade!"
Yes retarded.
Who's job is it to prove?
You sound like someone who frequents the NPR forum....

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And narrow-minded views like that are why there’s a problem. “My ivory is good, so don’t penalize me.”
Not at all. Manage the human action, not the inanimate object.

Do you really object to the use of ivory that came from an animal that died naturally?

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not at all. Manage the human action, not the inanimate object.

Do you really object to the use of ivory that came from an animal that died naturally?
If ivory came from “inanimate objects”, it wouldn’t be an issue. The only reason that ivory wasn’t illegal 50 or 100 years ago is because there were more elephants and less people. You’re still trying to use the “my ivory is good” argument.