Beware of Scammer

LACthe3rd

Hello all,

I just thought I might give a heads up to anyone who may have received a message to email autopartslmt@aol.com

I has posted in the wanted forum that I was looking for an Al Romero Sneaky Pete. I received a message from a new user named Icon939 saying "I think i saw someone called Russ4193 posted a Al Romero Sneaky Pete for sale. Here is his email autopartslmt@aol.com" I tried to look up his username in the search bar to message him directly but no results came up. Okay seems a little fishy now. I then googled the email that I was provided and the first link that pops up is a guitar forum where this same email has been shared and associated with scammer activity. Just for shits and giggles I emailed whoever it was and asked about the cue. He sent me pics from an old post on AZBilliards and right away I knew undeniably it was a scam. Always make sure to check the validity of the information that is being sent to you. I am glad to be a part of a great forum with lots of great people. Lets not let one bad apple spoil the bunch!

Here is the are some links talking about the scams associated with this email:

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received the same email about a lightning bolt jump break. It's a scam unfortunately. Now I need to try to get money back.

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it the poster who represented himself as a pawn shop ? I bid on the Gina and the Bender. Got up next morning and Ebay removed any

trace of the postings - no trace at all. I saved my emails in my miscellaneous folder in case someone needs proof of scam seller.

LACthe3rd

Is it the poster who represented himself as a pawn shop ? I bid on the Gina and the Bender. Got up next morning and Ebay removed any

trace of the postings - no trace at all. I saved my emails in my miscellaneous folder in case someone needs proof of scam seller.
Who knows? All I know is that this same person is targeting people in all types of forums. Do a quick google search of the email and take a look at what comes up.

wade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They tried that same thing with me last night on a Rick Howard Cue. When I asked him who he was on AZ he said he was “Klink” I researched the info and knew the pics that he sent was older ones from Rick’s fan page on Facebook. I asked him why the name Micheal was linked to the Klink name on AZ and he stopped emailing me.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
why would anyone buy anything from a person that hasnt been a poster here for at least a few years and has a good reputation.
there is virtually nothing but rare things that you cant get from a store.
ask them to send the product immediately after you pay by credit card. and give a tracking number if you do. this way any hitch you cancel the sale. plus get a phone number from anyone you buy from and call them after checking to see where its from and who it belongs to.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hello all,

I just thought I might give a heads up to anyone who may have received a message to email autopartslmt@aol.com

I has posted in the wanted forum that I was looking for an Al Romero Sneaky Pete. I received a message from a new user named Icon939 saying "I think i saw someone called Russ4193 posted a Al Romero Sneaky Pete for sale. Here is his email autopartslmt@aol.com" I tried to look up his username in the search bar to message him directly but no results came up. Okay seems a little fishy now. I then googled the email that I was provided and the first link that pops up is a guitar forum where this same email has been shared and associated with scammer activity. Just for shits and giggles I emailed whoever it was and asked about the cue. He sent me pics from an old post on AZBilliards and right away I knew undeniably it was a scam. Always make sure to check the validity of the information that is being sent to you. I am glad to be a part of a great forum with lots of great people. Lets not let one bad apple spoil the bunch!

Here is the are some links talking about the scams associated with this email:
thanks for the headsup.

here's what he pm'd me:

Meucci Originals Cue​

I

Icon939

New member​

Rating - 0%
0 0 0
Add Feedback
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
I think i saw someone called Russ4193 posted a Meucci Originals Cue for sale. Here is his email autopartslmt@aol.com

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think it’s just one guy. These types of scams have circulated car and guitars forums I frequent.

Agreed, that's why I was impressed someone caught it, they're everywhere and they're getting very smart. Someone targeted my boss a few times and almost got 50K! Good thing the bank called to verify the wire transfer or it would've been gone.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, that's why I was impressed someone caught it, they're everywhere and they're getting very smart. Someone targeted my boss a few times and almost got 50K! Good thing the bank called to verify the wire transfer or it would've been gone.
Damn. I don’t wire transfer to anyone that’s not family. Can’t be undone.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn. I don’t wire transfer to anyone that’s not family. Can’t be undone.
It happens in the business world when working internationally (I used to wire money to Canada all the time) but generally not in our industry and I think that's how the bank caught it.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It happens in the business world when working internationally (I used to wire money to Canada all the time) but generally not in our industry and I think that's how the bank caught it.
Scams are crazy these days. I got scammed by a contractor for 2k earlier this year.

I didn’t let it go and started down the rabbit hole. Turns out he’s scammed people all over Texas for well over 100k over the last couple of years. All while being out on parole.

Unbelievably the guy is still out free as could be as long as he checks in. Law enforcement won’t do anything because every scam is technically breach of contract not theft. Insane what people can get away with in plain sight.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scams are crazy these days. I got scammed by a contractor for 2k earlier this year.

I didn’t let it go and started down the rabbit hole. Turns out he’s scammed people all over Texas for well over 100k over the last couple of years. All while being out on parole.

Unbelievably the guy is still out free as could be as long as he checks in. Law enforcement won’t do anything because every scam is technically breach of contract not theft. Insane what people can get away with in plain sight.

His initials don't happen to be KS would they and he didn't happen to move Idaho. We're trying to hunt down about $16K from a local contractor. Turns out he didn't even do half the work he was promised and two of his customers can't even use their properties because of it and now - poof, like a fart in the wind, can't find him. :rolleyes:

Was being a bit sarcastic as there's a fat chance it was him but Texas is sending a TON of people to Idaho so it's technically possible I suppose.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They tried that same thing with me last night on a Rick Howard Cue. When I asked him who he was on AZ he said he was “Klink” I researched the info and knew the pics that he sent was older ones from Rick’s fan page on Facebook. I asked him why the name Micheal was linked to the Klink name on AZ and he stopped emailing me.
I am Klink. I sold a Rick Howard on Facebook about a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His initials don't happen to be KS would they and he didn't happen to move Idaho. We're trying to hunt down about $16K from a local contractor. Turns out he didn't even do half the work he was promised and two of his customers can't even use their properties because of it and now - poof, like a fart in the wind, can't find him. :rolleyes:

Was being a bit sarcastic as there's a fat chance it was him but Texas is sending a TON of people to Idaho so it's technically possible I suppose.
This guys name is Robert Emery. So unfortunately not the same guy.