Womens Fashion and Pool

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Taylor Swift is musician. Would a dress be considered appropriate for competition pool?

I always remember the WPBA being so focused on wearing pants, they never really played up the fashion aspect like the men had with tuxedos.

View attachment 586910

The women pro's used to play in gowns and high heels, looked a little silly but got to admit they were fun to watch!

On the local scene the naked dancing ladies often played pool in uniform. Few beat them! Years later I ran into a woman in a low dive on a road to nowhere, was wearing the damnedest dress I have ever seen! The dress didn't look immodest when she was standing straight up. fairly low cut but not ridiculous. However, if she was facing towards you when she bent over to shoot you could see she wasn't wearing panties looking down her neckline! The whole dress fell down about a foot. Fortunately the naked dancing ladies had made me pretty shark proof on that score so I enjoyed the free show and still took her and her partner's money. My partner was my wife so I got an earful on the way home. Our first and last trip there!

Hu

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taylor Swift is musician. Would a dress be considered appropriate for competition pool?

I always remember the WPBA being so focused on wearing pants, they never really played up the fashion aspect like the men had with tuxedos.

View attachment 586910
Her stance / form / head position over her cue has potential, if someone could show her a bridge. Also might be helpful if she had more lighting on the table surface and less lighting on the exterior walls!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 586910
What is it about girls and bridges? Nothing spastic about the way she handles a guitar.
On fashion, women players should hit the gym and wear tennis-ish duds.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

View attachment 586910
Her dress is below her knees, of course it is fine for pool. It would have almost been fine in Victorian times.

Shes a performer and with no context I am going to assume with that bridge it is just a picture where someone handed her a cue and sid pose for a picture with the guy wearing your living room drapes wrapped around his waist.

She is not the answer to any pool issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Cross promotions with pool is the only way to help mainstream the sport. People have to talk about it or see ads before they can decide to try it.

justnum

Silver Member
What is it about girls and bridges? Nothing spastic about the way she handles a guitar.
On fashion, women players should hit the gym and wear tennis-ish duds.

Its intimidating walking in to a pool room or a pool competition if you are completely brand new.

At least on social media, you can help people get an idea of what people say when they see things.

No one on the forum discussed how she looked, it was completely focused on lack of knowledge about her bridge.

To me that is a pretty welcoming place, however to market that for the mainstream will take a lot of time.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The women pro's used to play in gowns and high heels, looked a little silly but got to admit they were fun to watch!

On the local scene the naked dancing ladies often played pool in uniform. Few beat them! Years later I ran into a woman in a low dive on a road to nowhere, was wearing the damnedest dress I have ever seen! The dress didn't look immodest when she was standing straight up. fairly low cut but not ridiculous. However, if she was facing towards you when she bent over to shoot you could see she wasn't wearing panties looking down her neckline! The whole dress fell down about a foot. Fortunately the naked dancing ladies had made me pretty shark proof on that score so I enjoyed the free show and still took her and her partner's money. My partner was my wife so I got an earful on the way home. Our first and last trip there!

Hu

i still associate women's pool with high heels and eva mattaya. now that i've seen how good the likes of siming, fisher, ouschan and baretta can play, i prefer that dress code.

i kind of miss the score card girls though, can't we still have those?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its intimidating walking in to a pool room or a pool competition if you are completely brand new.

At least on social media, you can help people get an idea of what people say when they see things.

No one on the forum discussed how she looked, it was completely focused on lack of knowledge about her bridge.

To me that is a pretty welcoming place, however to market that for the mainstream will take a lot of time.
It is a picture. Any discussions about her in its context are completely based on how she looks.

Why aren't you pushing Lacrosse or squash or ice skating or rock climbing or ping pong or drumming or bonsai cultivation or parkour or...?

justnum

Silver Member
It is a picture. Any discussions about her in its context are completely based on how she looks.

Why aren't you pushing Lacrosse or squash or ice skating or rock climbing or ping pong or drumming or bonsai cultivation or parkour or...?

This is how being a fan works, you have to promote different aspects of the sport.

For that post Taylor Swift, pool table, it got some reactions on the main forum.
Sharing what interests you about pool can make others want to try it or share it with others.

That is what culture at most companies in America value, promote what you do.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is how being a fan works, you have to promote different aspects of the sport.

For that post Taylor Swift, pool table, it got some reactions on the main forum.
Sharing what interests you about pool can make others want to try it or share it with others.

That is what culture at most companies in America value, promote what you do.

you are on a pool forum lobbying for pool popularity. People here are already pool fans, so you won't sell them what they already own.

Trying to sell pool to non fans is akin to selling Azb fans on any other of virtually endless supply of 'other activities'.

justnum

Silver Member
you are on a pool forum lobbying for pool popularity. People here are already pool fans, so you won't sell them what they already own.

Trying to sell pool to non fans is akin to selling Azb fans on any other of virtually endless supply of 'other activities'.

why not if we can practice the conversation here, then amateurs can learn how to be better pool ambassadors.

I've learned a lot just reading up on some of the more established posts here. What draws the crowd is having something to talk about.

pool is great because .... it starts a conversation. Do you want to talk politics?

justnum

Silver Member
But why would she?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If she is transitioning to music management she might want to provide a high interaction environment.

A pool tournament is naturally cultural, Taylor Swift platform is about inclusive culture. Music is played in bars and pool hall rooms. Her music is played in bars and pool rooms.

Its called direct engagement marketing, instead of targeting a wide audience, its letting a specific audience feel more connected to your platform or brand.

Pool is American. Taylor Swift is American and promoting some international alliances is a powerful message.