Loctite Gel

Biloxi69

Registered
Greetings,
You guys noticed any difference between the besides price? They both are gel but is advertised as Ultra and more durable. Have anyone experienced any differences between the two?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 8561B496-806F-4C35-8603-279FEDB431FE.jpeg
    8561B496-806F-4C35-8603-279FEDB431FE.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 174

blackda

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have it but have not used it much. What is it you like about it better?
For me, the Rapid Fuse holds everything I have put on with it. Break tips including Hammerhead and White Diamond, as well as all other regular tips. One glue-simple and fast set.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
For me, the Rapid Fuse holds everything I have put on with it. Break tips including Hammerhead and White Diamond, as well as all other regular tips. One glue-simple and fast set.
YUP. YUP. YUP. And works great for spot quick finish repair.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
How's the shelf life compare to Locktite? Can you use it for six months after opening if kept cool?

Thanks!
They don't last 6 months with me . I go through them fast b/c I have so many uses for them . They are so cheap too so I just toss the bottle if it has 1/10th leftover .

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
They don't last 6 months with me . I go through them fast b/c I have so many uses for them . They are so cheap too so I just toss the bottle if it has 1/10th leftover .
Unfortunately I live in a sparsely populated area and end up thowing more out than I use... date my bottles on opening and toss 3/4 full after 3-4 months tops. :(

I wish there was a way to test besides putting a tip on and then having it pop off. I've found anything older than 4 months is taking a risk regardless of brand.

Picked up some rapid fuse and put a tip on tonight. I like the thickness, not too thick-not too thin. I'll just stick to my three month schedule. At least it's inexpensive and available locally.

Thanks for the tip!

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Just did 4 tips yesterday with rapid fuze....one being a breaker. Now we wait to see how the field testing goes. So far have liked it. I didn't pre-treat the tips so I can see how well it actually glues to the different tips and ferrule types.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I live in a sparsely populated area and end up thowing more out than I use... date my bottles on opening and toss 3/4 full after 3-4 months tops. :(

I wish there was a way to test besides putting a tip on and then having it pop off. I've found anything older than 4 months is taking a risk regardless of brand.

Picked up some rapid fuse and put a tip on tonight. I like the thickness, not too thick-not too thin. I'll just stick to my three month schedule. At least it's inexpensive and available locally.

Thanks for the tip!

Everything I've read says CA is bad 30 days after opening. I had some that was about 90 days old and the tip popped off :mad:, I won't go past 30 days now period.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As far as glue going bad someone on here a while back said to always squirt out the first drop or two that comes out of the spout and don't use it.
That makes sense because we all know the glue starts to cure in the spout. I have use two and three month old Loctite Professional with no problems.