The suggestion of a CTE specific sub forum

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wouldn't work because the main antagonists CANNOT leave it alone. If anyone in ANY thread concerning CTE dares to say that it is objective and covers all shots they get rabid.

I have spent a few days reading RSB posts on this. They were exactly the same back then.

This "bullying" by them has been happening for 20 years. And make no mistake bullying is EXACTLY what it is. Every question and critique has been answered ad infinitum but because "they" don't like the answers they persist in the mockery and denigration.

If you allowed someone to moderate who is a CTE teacher and they had the power to lock out those whose goal is to dissuade readers from using the method then a dedicated forum could work.

Two things are important to remember here in my opinion:

1. those of use who like objective aiming methods such as CTE are interested in helping others to improve.
2. trying an aiming system is not a life and death matter. No one's game is going to be ruined and no one is going to go broke if they purchase a book or a dvd. The general public does not need to be protected from those advocating the Center to Edge method.

Being told that it's snake oil, that we are in a cult, that we are self-deluded or are liars, that pros who say they use it are liars, etc...is ALWAYS going to lead to flame wars. This is what I got from a well respected instructor just today on the subject of AZB billiards on this topic. He is NOT a CTE teacher or fan of CTE.

"I might give my reasons why I prefer my method and what I believe its advantages to be, but I never mock anyone. No name calling, no disparaging of anyone's intelligence, none of that kind of nonsense that has driven far too many people, sadly, away from AZB."

I have said this hundreds of times that when the most well known in our industry are not protected from those who like to troll then they will simply choose not to be here. And I don't mean protected if the well known person is being a jerk without having been attacked. I mean PROTECTED if they are trying to share their perspective and are getting attacked in malicious and vile ways.

A question can be asked respectfully and an answer received without denigrating the respondent because the questioner didn't like the answer. Admittedly the vitriol exists on both sides now and it is deep. We all know who the main culprits are, they remain unchanged and a few come and go but they all do the same thing which is to incessantly TROLL.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm copying and pasting John's post because it HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD AND IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 20 YEARS!!!

Wouldn't work because the main antagonists CANNOT leave it alone. If anyone in ANY thread concerning CTE dares to say that it is objective and covers all shots they get rabid.

I have spent a few days reading RSB posts on this. They were exactly the same back then.

This "bullying" by them has been happening for 20 years. And make no mistake bullying is EXACTLY what it is. Every question and critique has been answered ad infinitum but because "they" don't like the answers they persist in the mockery and denigration.

If you allowed someone to moderate who is a CTE teacher and they had the power to lock out those whose goal is to dissuade readers from using the method then a dedicated forum could work.

Two things are important to remember here in my opinion:

1. those of use who like objective aiming methods such as CTE are interested in helping others to improve.
2. trying an aiming system is not a life and death matter. No one's game is going to be ruined and no one is going to go broke if they purchase a book or a dvd. The general public does not need to be protected from those advocating the Center to Edge method.

Being told that it's snake oil, that we are in a cult, that we are self-deluded or are liars, that pros who say they use it are liars, etc...is ALWAYS going to lead to flame wars. This is what I got from a well respected instructor just today on the subject of AZB billiards on this topic. He is NOT a CTE teacher or fan of CTE.

"I might give my reasons why I prefer my method and what I believe its advantages to be, but I never mock anyone. No name calling, no disparaging of anyone's intelligence, none of that kind of nonsense that has driven far too many people, sadly, away from AZB."

I have said this hundreds of times that when the most well known in our industry are not protected from those who like to troll then they will simply choose not to be here. And I don't mean protected if the well known person is being a jerk without having been attacked. I mean PROTECTED if they are trying to share their perspective and are getting attacked in malicious and vile ways.

A question can be asked respectfully and an answer received without denigrating the respondent because the questioner didn't like the answer. Admittedly the vitriol exists on both sides now and it is deep. We all know who the main culprits are, they remain unchanged and a few come and go but they all do the same thing which is to incessantly TROLL.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Easy solution is to have you moderate that subforum .
Not a bad idea. Here would be my first order of business regarding the CTE Forum. (Why did you delete your post, Joey?)

Joey Bautista, YOU'RE BANNED! Pat Johnson - BANNED! Lou Figueroa - BANNED! Dan White - BANNED!

All problems SOLVED with CTE.

You don't come into our forum disrupting CTE discussions EVER and we don't go into your threads talking about ghost ball, contact points, fractions, how math, geometry, and every force of nature has to be factored into a shot before pulling the trigger with a stroke.

DEAL?

Or maybe Mike could do it himself. Either way...ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED WITH CTE AND THE REST OF IT!

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a bad idea. Here would be my first order of business regarding the CTE Forum. (Why did you delete your post, Joey?)

YOU'RE BANNED! Pat Johnson - BANNED! Lou Figueroa - BANNED! Dan White - BANNED!

All problems SOLVED with CTE.

You don't come into our forum disrupting CTE discussions EVER and we don't go into your threads talking about ghost ball, contact points, fractions, how math, geometry, and every force of nature has to be factored into a shot before pulling the trigger with a stroke.

DEAL?

Or maybe Mike could do it himself. Either way...ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED WITH CTE AND THE REST OF IT!
It will never be solved. Like the people you've named, who have never studied CTE, there will always be another coming along to enter there uninformed opinion. All these guys have zero interest in learning CTE, but here they are, 24 hours a day giving there opinion. By the way it's the same opinion over and over, never anything new. They can't post new stuff because they don't bother to put in any time to learn CTE. Hell, one guy has thought it was a fractional system for what, 25-30 years.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It will never be solved. Like the people you've named, who have never studied CTE, there will always be another coming along to enter there uninformed opinion. All these guys have zero interest in learning CTE, but here they are, 24 hours a day giving there opinion. By the way it's the same opinion over and over, never anything new. They can't post new stuff because they don't bother to put in any time to learn CTE. Hell, one guy has thought it was a fractional system for what, 25-30 years.
Sure they'd be coming there into the CTE forum. Would you want to take a walk on the wild side and go into THEIR designated forum for everything and anything else in the way of aiming systems they're talking about? I don't think so and I certainly wouldn't be going there nor anyone else who is involved with Pro1.

Would they even be talking about fractions, contact points, ghost balls or any of the other number of aiming variations?
My guess...HELL NO!! They'd still be whining and crying like little babies among themselves with the three magic letters that have turned their brains inside out and into mush...CTE!!!

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would this idea work? It would still not be a place for CTE bashing.
As long as you're willing to have it moderated to keep the truly disruptive/negative members out. As has been said, there's only a small hardcore group of individuals that are at the core of the trouble.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would this idea work? It would still not be a place for CTE bashing.

Mike, as you can see by other posts in this thread, the whole CTE thing is a very emotional issue for some people. IMO a sub forum wouldn’t work because when there’s that much vitriol on one side there will always be a reason for them to not follow whatever rules are established and we’re back to where we started.

Speaking just for myself, I’d have no problem with a CTE sub forum where folks could discuss the topic and sing kumbyah, as long as all aiming systems, to include CTE, could be discussed freely in the Aiming forum.

But I suspect that wouldn’t work because certain quarters can’t abide any discussion of CTE, anywhere, that isn’t laudatory.

Lou Figueroa

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, as you can see by other posts in this thread, the whole CTE thing is a very emotional issue for some people. IMO a sub forum wouldn’t work because when there’s that much vitriol on one side there will always be a reason for them to not follow whatever rules are established and we’re back to where we started.

Speaking just for myself, I’d have no problem with a CTE sub forum where folks could discuss the topic and sing kumbyah, as long as all aiming systems, to include CTE, could be discussed freely in the Aiming forum.

But I suspect that wouldn’t work because certain quarters can’t abide any discussion of CTE, anywhere, that isn’t laudatory.

Lou Figueroa
And that is exactly why you would be kept OUT of there too.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

You are speaking for yourself and your gang of merry men. You do know that but are trying to flip it.

Please illustrate where all other aiming systems have been pounced on and couldn't be discussed freely. What would your contribution be...SEE THE SHOT? (which it always is)
But I suspect that wouldn’t work because certain quarters can’t abide any discussion of CTE, anywhere, that isn’t INFLAMMATORY.

Lou Figueroa
Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a problem with practitioners "witnessing" at each other. (the Christian kind) There's a certain novelty to multiple outcomes for the same shot and perhaps there are truly important pivotal relationships to be discovered. What seems more likely though, is a CTE forum would become an elitist frat house. I'd tick no on that one but if Stan is that important, or even deserving then it doesn't matter what I think anyway.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are speaking for yourself and your gang of merry men. You do know that but are trying to flip it.

Please illustrate where all other aiming systems have been pounced on and couldn't be discussed freely. What would your contribution be...SEE THE SHOT? (which it always is)

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

No, I’m not trying to flip anything.

Any reasonable person can read through the posts in this forum and easily tell which side is “excitable.”

And the thing about other aiming systems is that while they all have some level of merit, there is not a group of supporters insisting that any of them are perfectly objective snd without flaw.

So we can discuss other systems snd say “it gets you close” or “there needs to be this adjustment or that adjustment” without getting flamed. With CTE that is not so and any criticism results in this almost extreme religious backlash that leads to endless conflict.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't have a problem with practitioners "witnessing" at each other. (the Christian kind) There's a certain novelty to multiple outcomes for the same shot and perhaps there are truly important pivotal relationships to be discovered. What seems more likely though, is a CTE forum would become an elitist frat house.
Would you be butt hurt if not allowed in? I think we're more like a baseball team and you/others want to say how stupid baseball is and we should switch over to a better game and way of doing it...cricket. Also the difference between football/rugby and how it should be played or which is the better way.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No, I’m not trying to flip anything.

Any reasonable person can read through the posts in this forum and easily tell which side is “excitable.”

And the thing about other aiming systems is that while they all have some level of merit, there is not a group of supporters insisting that any of them are perfectly objective snd without flaw.

So we can discuss other systems snd say “it gets you close” or “there needs to be this adjustment or that adjustment” without getting flamed. With CTE that is not so and any criticism results in this almost extreme religious backlash that leads to endless conflict.

Lou Figueroa
Why do you even care? What does it mean in your life and how you approach the game? You do what you do and have always done based on your on beliefs and habits. If you want to lead somebody down the right path, explain in detail what you see, what you think about when aiming, position play, banking, the stroke. NOBODY is stopping you but yourself. Actually, I'd be interested.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you even care? What does it mean in your life and how you approach the game? You do what you do and have always done based on your on beliefs and habits. If you want to lead somebody down the right path, explain in detail what you see, what you think about when aiming, position play, banking, the stroke. NOBODY is stopping you but yourself. Actually, I'd be interested.

I think that would be somewhat obvious but here goes: I like discussing pool topics with others.

That’s it.

I enjoying discussing the history of the game, 14.1, 1pocket, 3C, the players, tournaments, pool rooms old and new, funny stuff that happens in them, cues and equipment, and (wait for it)... aiming.

And to the extent that I can participate, as an intellectual exercise, I am always intrigued (and dumbfounded) by claims that clearly cannot be true.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you be butt hurt if not allowed in? I think we're more like a baseball team and you/others want to say how stupid baseball is and we should switch over to a better game and way of doing it...cricket. Also the difference between football/rugby and how it should be played or which is the better way.
I'd be annoyed that I couldn't get my .02 in directly but since you brought up baseball, I like to say team sports is for (place derogatory reference here) who can't bust a move by themselves. Other than that, real caps are all over the place here. I don't play people games but many friends and acquaintances mostly from pool in that bunch