How small of a pool table is not a pool table anymore?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious how small of a pool table would you be willing to play on before you said "this is not pool" Or anything like that. So 7 x 3.5 is ok? What about 6 x 3? Or 5 x 2.5? or 4 x 2? Where do you draw the line?

Would you play on this?

Geosnookery

Justin strikes yet again,
Wtf dude
Not as bad as the 150 posters I have on ‘ignore’ for flooding new posts selling cues under under various names....or as bad as ‘what aiming system...’

At least the lad talks about the game and isn’t peddling the latest magic.

as for the question: 1.1749 meters. Not a centimetre less.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Not as bad as the 150 posters I have on ‘ignore’ for flooding new posts selling cues under under various names....or as bad as ‘what aiming system...’

Yea, but how tall is the table?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The aiming is easy to avoid as it has it's own world.
And I rarely buy anything so I don't much look at what's one sale ar a either. Another easy fix

But I look here often for the funnies, and interesting match info
and get flooded with, what's the best pre shot routine, what's yours, what's best for you and why and whats not good for you and also why is it not good for you .
Which is the best,also don't bully me or I'll tell, which him literally admitting he knows we know who he is.

If it were facebook it can be easily ignored because it's just the one guy, here, it's not like that

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you can play on it, it's big enough. 6x12 inches for actual objects. 6 or 8 inch tablet pool might work too with optical cues etc. VP 10 plus ultra etc...

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smallest real table I’ve played on with real competition was in the Netherlands. 180x90cm table with <9cm corner pockets. That’s 6 footer with 3.5 in corners for us Americans. And yes they use full size (2.25 in) balls.

The Brits have smaller tables but they use smaller balls and have rounded pocket facings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
So I’m still waiting for my Simonis cloth to come in. I’ll let you know how it plays.

D72522CD-78FA-4BB9-A02F-30060A552D29.jpeg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For me, the cutoff is 6 feet by 3 feet. For me, any smaller than that and it's not real pool.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played on a 6'x3'. Cost $12/hour.

Only rreason I did was some fool here likes to say "Any pool is better than no pool."

The jury is still out on that one.

Where were you that it cost that much? I can play pool for like $5.50 an hour.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Do you have allot of places to play pool at with tables that size?

a few, not as many that were in this area (memphis) 20+- years ago

leasing viable space at a reasonable rate in conjunction with ancillary income streams no longer being available has made pool rooms a low margin biz necessitating long hands on hours to scratch out a meager return