Dynasphere Tungsten balls -Awesome !

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello , I ordered a set of the Dynasphere Tung’s after reading the comments here and I have to say I am extremely impressed for the price of admission. I admit I hate the grey and brown color but the rest are sharp and I like them. The play amazingly well. I don’t see a bit of difference on these or my much more expensive Aramith set. If you are on the fence about buying a set go for it you will not be disappointed. Also buy on EBay from Koinkid a member here. Fast and easy. I highly recommend dealing with him.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you do like the traditional colors, the Bronze set is only a little more and plays just as well

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had the tungsten for about three to six months before buying the bronze. Same quality, and I did get used to playing with the tungsten so the colors weren't deal breakers. The light colored two was the main stretch. Although it has a reddish cast I like the brown seven, what I started out with long ago!

Thinking about getting back into pool halls I bought a set of the bronze. The tungstens have sat on the shelf since then. No difference in play but I like the more standard colors. I'll probably swap back and forth.

Hu

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tungsten's are fugly as hell.Get the Bronze for a c-note.

I actually like the colors and design, even though they are very much not standard pool ball colors. Been using mine for a few weeks and every time I bring them to the pool hall they get good comments from people.

I do wish they were more standard in the colors for the balls but aside from that, I like how they look.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes some of the colors are ugly as sin but aside from that I don’t think you can beat the value for the price of admission. The rest of the of the balls aside from the couple of ugly ones look nice. The okay fantastic and at 50 some bux I don’t see how you can go wrong. I do pkan on buying the bronze also.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually like the colors and design, even though they are very much not standard pool ball colors. Been using mine for a few weeks and every time I bring them to the pool hall they get good comments from people.

I do wish they were more standard in the colors for the balls but aside from that, I like how they look.
I also like the design of the Tungsten better than the bronze. I just wish the colors were more traditional.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The Tungsten set is suited best for 8 ball as the order of pocketing doesn’t matter. Playing a rotation game requires more attention to the denomination.
I practice with the Tungsten set reserving the Bronze set for guests.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tungsten set is suited best for 8 ball as the order of pocketing doesn’t matter. Playing a rotation game requires more attention to the denomination.
Good for 1P also

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whatever you say. they're still ugly as hell. look, you guys bought these turds 'cause they were cheap. nothing wrong with that, just don't try tell me they look good 'cause they don't.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tungsten set is suited best for 8 ball as the order of pocketing doesn’t matter.
That's a good point. I play 90% 14.1, 10% 8 ball, and the colors don't bug me at all. I could see having issues with them for rotation games though.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have been using the Tungsten balls for a couple of months now. I have Centennials Aramith Pros and Cyclops too.

I don’t have a problem with the colors other than the Robbin egg blue 2 ball. It is the same color as the Cyclop 7 ball so I tend to forget the 2 ball now and then when playing rotation because I am used to the Cyclop set. They stay clean and play very well.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
whatever you say. they're still ugly as hell. look, you guys bought these turds 'cause they were cheap. nothing wrong with that, just don't try tell me they look good 'cause they don't.

First, I will admit I bought the first set because the ad claimed made in belgium. However, I bought more because to be blunt they are underpriced and I don't expect them to stay this cheap for long. I play on a concrete floor and while balls don't hit the floor very often it does happen, usually getting them out of the ball return so I bought a spare set. Then I bought the bronze in anticipation of the pool halls opening and I wanted to be familiar with the typical colors.

I own two cheap sets of balls like found in pool rooms. Any of the dynaspheres look much better than they do. They also seem to play every bit as well as the two hundred dollar set I bought in the late sixties and they didn't come better than those back then. The cheap balls were put up the first time I hit the dynaspheres. No way I would go back to them.

I still don't like that the dynaspheres are made in china, supposedly with close oversight from belgium. Their quality control as they describe it does seem very good. If their claims are valid, three out of five sets should be tested by QA. I would charge an extra two bucks and test every set but that is just me.

They are far from turds and the looks aren't a big deal. Considering the source, I kinda wish they were turds! There isn't a set of balls made in America with close to the quality. I would pay a premium to buy American but I don't think there is even a set of phenolic balls made in the US.

Hu

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well so far every person that has seen the set I got was saying they like it. While they may not be at all the traditional colors, the shade of colors they picked is nice, and the number design I think is as good as any of the classic sets. I have had strangers walk over to my table and drag their girlfriends along with them to show them the balls I was using, that shows they did something right with the design. Even more than when I was using the skittles Cyclop set, in fact the Cyclop set never got a second glance from most players.

As Hu said above, they are amazing for the price and I can see them going up to $100+ very soon. I may get a second set as well and going to suggest my regular pool hall orders some to replace the crappy sets they have now.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally saw a set in person and they're even uglier than i thought. Standard colors are still far better. I'd pay the extra $50 for the Bronze EVERY time.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like mine, colors and all. Owner of Centennials, Aramith Blacks, Aramith Premiums, and Dynasphere Platinums.

If there was any flaw with the Dynaspheres (and this is far from a deal breaker) is the whites in the stripes are not consistent from ball to ball. Some are white like the QB, but others are an off-white, evident in both the budget Tungsten and top-line Platinum sets. Meanwhile my Centennials are all uniformly white.

Otherwise the Dynaspheres play fine in my book.