Table quality

Just wondering what you all think of this table I've had it for years and got it for around 600. It's just I like the table and am redoing it but my buddy is a die hard diamond fan and says it's junk and not worth redoing and to go get a diamond and redo it lol. The slate it about an inch and a half thick I'm pretty sure but idk as I can't find any identification marks other then the name plate. Would just like opinions of people who aren't brainwashed on a brand but how they play thanks

Attachments

• 16081698934388546998818652645843.jpg
    16081698934388546998818652645843.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 16081699153506353684691023321614.jpg
    16081699153506353684691023321614.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 16081699757472765549753457833603.jpg
    16081699757472765549753457833603.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 16081700313554150148596634845188.jpg
    16081700313554150148596634845188.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 211

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I believe the Play Masters are decent tables. I would bet the slate is 3/4 or maybe 1 inch. They play similar to most other furniture type tables. Diamonds are competition tables and will certainly play better/tougher. Nothing wrong with that table but it might leave you wanting more down the road.

I believe the Play Masters are decent tables. I would bet the slate is 3/4 or maybe 1 inch. They play similar to most other furniture type tables. Diamonds are competition tables and will certainly play better/tougher. Nothing wrong with that table but it might leave you wanting more down the road.

It's plenty good to get good on them lol. I'm hoping to eventually get almost as good as a pro but I'm sure I'll get a different table by then lol. As for the slate I had the rails of just the other day and it is at the very least an inch but looked thicker like an in and a half and I was looking at the rail bolt holes so there was ho backing but I could be wrong. I know it's SUPER heavy lol

Nothing wrong with it. Ask your friend to split the cost of a diamond and I bet it makes his eyes water!thanks

Nothing wrong with it. Ask your friend to split the cost of a diamond and I bet it makes his eyes water!
I just wish I had the 550 to pay a pro to put my bumpers and felt on. I got the pro series bumpers, iszy faceings and sims 860 cloth so it should play like a new table once done

I worded last reply wrong. I meant I was looking through the rail holes up to the backing and it looked at least an inch but looked thicker. When I redo my table I'll measure it and post it back on hear. I was guessing it was an inch till I saw it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worded last reply wrong. I meant I was looking through the rail holes up to the backing and it looked at least an inch but looked thicker. When I redo my table I'll measure it and post it back on hear. I was guessing it was an inch till I saw it.
I would be shocked if the slate was more than 1-inch thick. If you like the way the table plays, that’s all that counts. Those that play all their pool in pool rooms on diamonds or gold crowns or have them at home, tend to look down on all furniture style tables in terms of how they play. I would be included in that group. However if your home table works for you, that’s all that matters.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s a good home table, but like others have stated, it’s not in the same league with the commercial tables. I had a typical 44 X 88 furniture grade table for years and it was a good start, but it doesn’t take long to out grow it. Those furniture grade tables usually have slates that are anywhere from 3/4” to 7/8” thick with a 3/4” poplar, or particle board frame. When you see 1-1/2” you are probably looking at the combined thickness of the slate and wood frame.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering what you all think of this table I've had it for years and got it for around 600. It's just I like the table and am redoing it but my buddy is a die hard diamond fan and says it's junk and not worth redoing and to go get a diamond and redo it lol. The slate it about an inch and a half thick I'm pretty sure but idk as I can't find any identification marks other then the name plate. Would just like opinions of people who aren't brainwashed on a brand but how they play thanks

It won't ever play like a Diamond or a Gold Crown but will be decent enough with proper rail setup. They just don't have the bracing or the leveling capability of the better tables. One of the rooms I play in re-did some furniture tables with Diamond rails, but most of them still had lots of issues, the pockets for one would often spit out balls due to how they were mounted and angled, rails would bounce funny or bounce the ball into the air a bit. It was a good attempt though.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That thickness has to include the backing board. No cheap asian table(or ANY for that matter) has 1.5" slate. I wouldn't invest any sizeable amount on a supposed upgrade. Use it a while, sell it and get a commercial-grade table.