John Morra appreciation

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm with you. John's a special player, and the fact that he still plays world class pool shooting with his opposite hand is really quite remarkable.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
John's fundamentals are so solid and he plays so good with his other hand, it's quite incredible. Now...some may say that they don't like his style of play because he's slow and "robotic". But he is so consistent and he plays at such a high level, how he chooses to play is obviously working for him, so I don't mind it at all.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to John Morra
Southeastern Triple Crown of Billiards One Pocket Champion.
His 1st One Pocket event win, he played really great

1620056801717.png

180025271_457481105349056_1282846800685623973_n.jpg

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I said it on FB and I'll repeat it here...

I'm taking nothing away from how John has somehow managed to switch playing hands and remaining, imo, world class. I can't even wipe my *** with my off hand. That said, how long does one need to play with their opposite hand until we can consider it their dominate hand for playing the game...? How many years has John been playing left handed now...?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your “off” hand will never be your dominant hand
Just like your dominant eye is always your dominant eye
You can train your non dominant hand to do things better than your dominant hand if you give it more reps
Jmho

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I said it on FB and I'll repeat it here...

I'm taking nothing away from how John has somehow managed to switch playing hands and remaining, imo, world class. I can't even wipe my *** with my off hand. That said, how long does one need to play with their opposite hand until we can consider it their dominate hand for playing the game...? How many years has John been playing left handed now...?
Says it right in his post. He made the switch 2 years ago. For a normal person it would probably take much longer though. (y)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tot Morra never recovered from this miss some years ago
But he did. Good to see him partner again with Alex for few more times after that miss :ROFLMAO:

bb9ball

Registered
Says it right in his post. He made the switch 2 years ago. For a normal person it would probably take much longer though. (y)

Even though, he says 2 in his post, I think it's been 3. I am pretty sure it was first mentioned here at the 2018 Canadian Championships.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Your “off” hand will never be your dominant hand
Just like your dominant eye is always your dominant eye
You can train your non dominant hand to do things better than your dominant hand if you give it more reps
Jmho
Mike Sigel played all his career as a lefty...he’s right handed...I think maybe Jason Shaw is the same.
Canada’s greatest snooker player, Cliff Thorburn, plays snooker and golf right handed...he’s a lefty.
...who knows why we do things the way we do?

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crazy how John made the transition to his other hand. Still takes a few shots as a righty.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Mr Smooth John Morra
Diveney Cues Inaugural Bar Box Classic.
$500 Entry 9 Ball Mini winner

He played FANTASTIC in this
His last three matches he beat Dennis Orcollo, SVB and Warren Kiamco

1620618366375.png

1620618408825.png

Last edited:

smoochie

NotLikeThis
John Morra played great before switching hands, now that he switched hands he plays really well but that is all. Not as good as he used to be, this is the honest truth.

But still is impressive because the level he reached after switching is unbelievable, just cannot compare him to the old him, he used to be better for sure.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Morra played great before switching hands, now that he switched hands he plays really well but that is all. Not as good as he used to be, this is the honest truth.

But still is impressive because the level he reached after switching is unbelievable, just cannot compare him to the old him, he used to be better for sure.
I think you can compare the way he plays now with the way he played right handed.

I watched him beat Orcollo, SVB and Kiamco yesterday and he played really great. He beat Warren 9-1 in the finals 😮

I think his game now, especially these last few months is very close to as good as before he switched hands.