Predator Pool Table

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Has anyone seen the new Predator Pool Table?
You mean this thing...?...:
predator-billiard-table-stretched-thumb-960x640-7599.jpg

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a link to the announcement

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not it. Predator hasn't released pics yet. Whatta you bet it looks like a Rasson? Just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if that's who they chose to build it.
You mean this thing...?...:
View attachment 595882

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not it. Predator hasn't released pics yet. Whatta you bet it looks like a Rasson? Just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if that's who they chose to build it.
It's only a guess, but I doubt it's being made by Rasson as the news release says the table will have Brazilian slate. But I have been wrong many times before.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only a guess, but I doubt it's being made by Rasson as the news release says the table will have Brazilian slate. But I have been wrong many times before.
Maybe its gonna be made in China with Brazilian slate and assembled in Wisconsin by what's left of Brunswick Billiards to be marketed as a Predator. ;) Regardless of who/how/where its built i'd still buy a Diamond if shopping for new table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's built by Predator. Brand new design.
Built 'for' Predator is more like it. Just like they did with the new balls, they'll contract a table manuf. to build it. Seriously doubt these will be built by Predator themselves. Its how they run their business. Except for the Revo's everything they sell is outsourced.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great news. Predator does everything first class. They innovated the hell out of the pool stick the past 25 years. They also support the game more than anyone else. Sight unseen, I'd bet their table will be first class. I have my fingers crossed they won't use artemis pinball rubber.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sam are a Spanish company I believe
They were originally in Ger. IIRC they have more than one facility but they are now a Spanish co. Their KSteel2 table is built along the lines of the old KimSteel table. https://sambilliards.com/en/pool-billiards/pro-pool/ksteel2/ UPDATE: I just msg'd Mr. Kim's good friend(and top player) Ralph Eckert. He said the tables were always made in Spain by SAM. When Tobias retired they renamed it the 'KSteel' table.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played on one of the originals and it played fine. Never had to work on one so i don't know about any build/repair issues other than what i've read. If they are working with Pred. it will be interesting to see what its like.