2021 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll maintain that I think you play too strong to play the normal ghost. Don't worry about the 7-0 and just switch it up to 'pro' ghost.

It's basically no BIH after break, and a foul is a loss. It's really the only way the 9b ghost is much of a challenge. ...and if nothing else it provides you with a real world measure on how you'd put racks together against a real opponent.

When I do play 10b ghost, I do so with my own 'semi-pro' rules. If I have an open shot on the 1 then I won't use the BIH. I usually lose but that's due to very difficult shape to the 2, and my weak assed break....lol
Great tip. I'll play the ghost semi pro where if I don't have a shot on the next ball I'll take BIH. Or just play straight up pro. We'll see how it goes in my next practice session.

Cheers!

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey fellow pool mates. I forgot that I promised to beat the ghost every week regardless of the score. I just remembered this evening and ran out to the pool room and played a quick match in 9-Ball. Here is another victory 7-1. Hope you enjoy.

P.S. Crap, I forgot to play pro version and only take BIH if I don't have a shot on the 1 ball. Next week.

Watch "9-Ball Ghost Challenge 9 Foot Diamond 7-1 Win" on YouTube

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so tonight I played the ghost semi pro 8-Ball. I believe I took BIH 2 times, maybe 3. Had some decent runouts. Hope you enjoy.

Watch "8-Ball Semi Pro Ghost Challenge Diamond 9 Foot Table Win 7-2" on YouTube

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So tonight I was not shooting well so I played 9-Ball BIH and was victorious with a 7-1 win.

Had some good outs but my shooting didn't feel tight.

Hope you enjoy.

Watch "9-Ball Ghost Challenge Diamond 9 Footer 7-1 Win" on YouTube

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello again fellow pool players.

It is a rare occasion that the ghost gets to the hill before I do. Playing pro ghost challenge. No BIH after the break. Was up 5-3 and the ghost ran several racks to get on the hill 6-5. I pulled it off and beat the ghost 7-6.

Hope you enjoy. Cheers!

Watch "8-Ball Pro Ghost Challenge No BIH after Break 9 Foot Diamond Win 7-6" on YouTube

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Great tip. I'll play the ghost semi pro where if I don't have a shot on the next ball I'll take BIH. Or just play straight up pro. We'll see how it goes in my next practice session.

Cheers!
Warning, sign up for psychiatric insurance before you try to beat the pro 9 ball ghost! I had three sessions where I got to six including a 6-2 and couldn't get the last game. That was break and the shot after style. I ran 5 legal racks in one session, still couldn't do it.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warning, sign up for psychiatric insurance before you try to beat the pro 9 ball ghost! I had three sessions where I got to six including a 6-2 and couldn't get the last game. That was break and the shot after style. I ran 5 legal racks in one session, still couldn't do it.
Been there. Done that ;)

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't tell you how many times I've hit 4 or 5 racks straight and started over because I want to get the 7-0 win. So frustrating.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting all! First post updated.

Side Pocket you are like Efren's Cinderella US Open story... lots of 7-1's I added to your links but no 7-0:):):)

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Here's my contribution to bring this thread's average level of play way down. 7-2 against the 6-ball ghost:

My victory has at least a couple of asterisks. My table is a 7-footer with bucket pockets. And I slopped in a couple of shots. My training goal is to beat the 9-ball ghost in a race to 7 by the end of the year. I win just over 50% of my games against the 6-ball ghost, but currently only ~ 40% against the 9-ball ghost. The main difference is I'm more likely to wind up with clusters and balls frozen to the rail when playing with 9 ball.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Thanks, I checked the settings and accessed it from another computer when I was logged out. I think I remember that you are in Canada? I wonder if Google hasn't spread the video to its Canadian servers.

busted link.... You may need to adjst your privacy settings on the video and repost

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Thanks, I checked the settings and accessed it from another computer when I was logged out. I think I remember that you are in Canada? I wonder if Google hasn't spread the video to its Canadian servers.
It's the summer months. We usually only experience slow migration over the border during the winter....lol

FWIW the link to YouTube works, the video just won't play within the forum

Last edited:

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t been playing the ghost in the traditional sense for a while, but I did play some short races to 5 yesterday. This was not for this thread, but I figured I’d share since I haven’t shared anything in a while.

10-ball ghost, race to 5.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I just can't skunk the ghost but when I do I have a feeling it's gonna be by double digits. Hope you enjoy.

Watch "9-Ball Ghost Challenge 9 Foot Diamond Win 7-1" on YouTube

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I normally don't go to this pool hall but they have a nice set up for a camera so I filmed a ghost set. Won 7-2 with some extreme luck (slopped in a ball and ran out and slopped in a 9 on a missed break out). Still trying to get in stroke with pool rooms reopening I'll do this again if I get the chance. Table was a tight gold crown, 4 1/8 or maybe 4 1/4 inches (done by Oscar and Ernesto Dominguez). They have 4.5" diamonds but this table plays tighter so I opted for that. I usually play in Santa Monica on 3 7/8" pockets and would not dare attempt to play the ghost there lol.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a 7-4 win but some good shots.

Lucky not to scratch 5:43
Awesome shape 11:20
Awesome kick shot 12:45
Scratch after kick shot 13:40
Jump shot 21:28
Left handed combo 31:15

Hope you enjoy

Watch "Ghost Challenge 9-Ball Diamond 9 Footer 7-4 Win" on YouTube