Top 10 WILD and CRAZY POOL SHOTS of All Time

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that presents a fun collection of wild, crazy, fluke, lucky, and funny pool shots. Check it out:

Shot Categories (with timestamp links):
0:00 - Intro
0:11 - 1 - Pros Missing Easy Shots
2:28 - 2 - Total Fluke Shots
3:40 - 3 - Lucky Skill Shots
4:18 - 4 - Crazy Skill
5:40 - 5 - Jeff DeLuna Personality
6:20 - 6 - Balls Bouncing Out of Pockets
7:08 - 7 - Is That Real?
8:50 - 8 - Anger Shots
11:48 - 9 - Celebrations
12:37 - 10 - GOAT Cameo
13:23 - Wrap Up
13:39 ---- shot collage

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that presents a fun collection of wild, crazy, fluke, lucky, and funny pool shots. Check it out:

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

While I was working on this video, and before I posted it, I was a little worried about the parts that are not so flattering to some of the players (missed easy shots, anger outbursts, possible rack gapping).

What do you guys think? Should I have avoided those topics?

Thanks in advance for the input,
Dave

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing SVB´s break on DCC when i was where and I said Karl way to back New York that SVB is rigging rack.. I said noone can break like that and make wing ball. He did not want to believe and said "all else can cheat but not Shane"..
I think those topics are good to many know.
That Earl vs Shaw in that time was last piece of puzzle for me lose all respect to Shaw. I know he is good but i don´t care.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I was working on this video, and before I posted it, I was a little worried about the parts that are not so flattering to some of the players (missed easy shots, anger outbursts, possible rack gapping).

Dave
I think the missed shots were very much in line with the theme of the video, as were the anger outbursts right after missed shots.

Yelling at each other after a game, and the rack gapping, while those were all new items to me and interesting on some level, they didn't seem to fit the overall feel or goal of the video. Perhaps they'd fit better in a "watch out for pool players!" video--although perhaps one like that would be near impossible to cut down to a reasonable length.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing SVB´s break on DCC when i was where and I said Karl way to back New York that SVB is rigging rack.. I said noone can break like that and make wing ball. He did not want to believe and said "all else can cheat but not Shane"..

FYI, I featured the DCC racking controversy in the following video series:

I also wrote about it in Billiards Digest (see the last section): “How to Rack and Break 9-Ball Like a Pro” (BD, March, 2018).

I think those topics are good to many know.

Thank. I agree, but I suspect some people might not like me talking or writing about this stuff.

That Earl vs Shaw in that time was last piece of puzzle for me lose all respect to Shaw. I know he is good but i don´t care.

It seems like Shaw has mellowed a little recently, but he probably still has the "anger fire" in his belly.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the missed shots were very much in line with the theme of the video, as were the anger outbursts right after missed shots.

Thanks for the input.

Yelling at each other after a game, and the rack gapping, while those were all new items to me and interesting on some level, they didn't seem to fit the overall feel or goal of the video. Perhaps they'd fit better in a "watch out for pool players!" video--although perhaps one like that would be near impossible to cut down to a reasonable length.

Good points, especially the "length" part.

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enjoy!
Very nice compilation.

Loved it.

Who doesn't like Naoyuki Oi and Jeff de Luna.. they are such great pool personalities.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Dave

I am shocked that I have not received any negative comments about this here or on YouTube or Facebook ... not yet anyway.

DieselPete

The clip that shocked me the most was Mike Sigel snapping that cue. I’ve always “known” him as a guy to walk away muttering, explaining what went wrong to his designated sounding board in the audience.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember the tournament, but I remember a pro 10 ball event, called shot, on the 10 ball. The player had a decent sharp cut on the 10, totally missed the hit trying to spin it in, the cueball went around 3 or 4 rails and cut the 10 ball into the called shot. That was a pretty interesting fluke.

Fluke.jpg

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The clip that shocked me the most was Mike Sigel snapping that cue. I’ve always “known” him as a guy to walk away muttering, explaining what went wrong to his designated sounding board in the audience.

I guess when Mike doesn't have a "yes man" "sounding board" available, he takes his anger out on his cue. 🤓

That was a really bad roll on a well-executed tough shot, so I can see why he was "disappointed."

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't remember the tournament, but I remember a pro 10 ball event, called shot, on the 10 ball. The player had a decent sharp cut on the 10, totally missed the hit trying to spin it in, the cueball went around 3 or 4 rails and cut the 10 ball into the called shot. That was a pretty interesting fluke.

View attachment 598405

That would be fun to see (and maybe include in a future video). Please post a link if you can find it. Thanks.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great stuff, Dave. Wild things happen in our game.

Stick around the game long enough, Dave, and you get to see it all. I'm familiar with all of these happenings, some of them within the game, others on the game's periphery.

1. Larry Lisciotti loses control of the nine ball break and the cue ball hits a waitress, who promptly drops her tray of drinks. Perhaps 1996 at an All About Pool tour event.

2. Fred the Beard is about to shoot the winning shot in one pocket when a ceiling tile above the table comes loose, causing a live rat to land on the table. Don't know the year.

3. At the 1982 PPPA World Straight pool championships, Mizerak shot at a five ball that was not much more than an inch from the pocket. for position reasons, he chose to play it rail first and missed the five ball completely. Easiest shot I've ever seen a pro miss.

4. At the 1983 PPPA World Straight Pool Championships, a shot clock was in use (60 seconds, I think). After Sigel missed a shot, selling out an open table, he reckoned he had plenty of time for a bathroom break while his opponent shot (a timeout can only be taken on one's own inning). Remarkably, his opponent ran about six balls, and someone who saw Mike in the hall on his way back into the arena told Mike that it was his turn and that he didn't have much time left to shoot. I'll never forget seeing Sigel run back into the arena, grab his cue, and take his shot, barely beating the shot clock.

5. A player lost a local tournament in New York in about 1995 when they played the balls out of order four balls from the finish line. (I think it may have been Mike Lebron, but I'm not sure).

6. More than once, I've seen a player forget to switch back to their playing cue after the nine ball break. I recall this happening once with Rodolfo Luat, perhaps 1999, who ran a rack with his break cue and had a good laugh after realizing he had done so.

7. Jose Parica was playing Lee Van Corteza at the US Open 8-ball circa 2013. Parica broke wet and proceeded to run a few solids before realizing that the eight wasn't even on the table. Neither he nor Lee had noticed that the eight went in on Paricas' break. The rule in use was that the eight would spot if it went in on the break. The mass confusion that followed was hilarious to watch..

8. At what I believe was the 1997 PBT tour championship event in Providence, Kim Davenport was about to shoot a key shot and his pants got caught on the metal edge of the Brunswick Gold Crown 2 in use. This ripped his pants wide open along the pant leg. Kim, arguably the most fashion conscious player of his era, was visibly upset, and his game went to pieces after this.

9. The late George "Ginky" SanSouci rode with Marc Pantovic (known as the "Gypsy" in NYC pool circles) and was among the last six at an event at Pete Fusco's room in Pennsylvania after the completion of Saturday's play. When Ginky woke up Sunday morning, "Gypsy" had left him a note indicating that he had an emergency situation at home and had left. Fair enough, Ginky had no trouble getting a ride to the poolroom. The problem was that his cue was in Gypsy's car, which was now in New York. Watching "Ginky" trying to borrow a cue just before his winner's bracket semifinal was sad but hilarious.

Crazy mistakes, improbable happenings, mental blackouts, you get it all in pool.

Last edited: