Palmer cue - time capsule

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Here is a very original Palmer Model L from the 2nd Catalog.

Screenshot_20210612-141855_Chrome.jpg

Was found in a home in New Jersey, in the original paper wrapping from the shop. Unchalked, unplayed, with extra screw on ferrules in the case. The rubber bands holding the little envelopes closed have calcified and broken up, you can see them littering the case interior.

Name in the window is "Easy Hop" - cue is as pristine as I have ever seen. All tips unchalked.

Enjoy a look at the late 60s fresh out of the closet. Gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood with pearl inlays. The three shafts each have a notation on the pilot - 35 and some letters that I can't make out BD? BRD?

If you look at the latches on the case, you can see the patina on the exposed metal, and underneath the latch it looks brand new. Never opened?

Thanks for looking!

Screenshot_20210612-141557_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-141538_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-141522_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-141508_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-141453_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-141441_Gallery.jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What the hell...you have all the cool stuff. That probably one of, if not the only one,in that shape left.
I like to curate the findings for the next guy. This would be a jewel in any Palmer collection. I don't know how many unchalked original cues are left, but you're probably not far off!

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Have to admit, we don't see too many Model Ls here. I believe the shafts have the original Lucite ferrules, could be wrong.

All the best,
WW

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

View attachment 598526

Was found in a home in New Jersey, in the original paper wrapping from the shop. Unchalked, unplayed, with extra screw on ferrules in the case. The rubber bands holding the little envelopes closed have calcified and broken up, you can see them littering the case interior.

Name in the window is "Easy Hop" - cue is as pristine as I have ever seen. All tips unchalked.

Enjoy a look at the late 60s fresh out of the closet. Gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood with pearl inlays. The three shafts each have a notation on the pilot - 35 and some letters that I can't make out BD? BRD?

If you look at the latches on the case, you can see the patina on the exposed metal, and underneath the latch it looks brand new. Never opened?

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 598524
View attachment 598523
View attachment 598522
View attachment 598521
View attachment 598520
View attachment 598519
Nice. 👍

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 598526

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 598524
View attachment 598523
View attachment 598522
View attachment 598521
View attachment 598520
View attachment 598519
Niiiiiiice