What Brunswick model here.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM Trent From Toledo on this site. He comes across tables for sale all the time and also has some in stock. He may have a GC Pro 8 ready to go.

PracticeChampion

Just encase the other falls thru I keep looking

AMF Playmaster?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210628-075533.png
    Screenshot_20210628-075533.png
    836.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210628-075524.png
    Screenshot_20210628-075524.png
    738.5 KB · Views: 64

PracticeChampion

I asked the people with the sport king if price was negotiable since it's missing pieces and havnt got any response Soo that one may be out but I found another sport king on other side of state, he said nothing was missing but wood was faded a bit and most important he said there was a few chips in slate that had to be filled last time the installers put it together. What kind of filler would be used for such a thing? He's getting me pictures hopefully soon

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked the people with the sport king if price was negotiable since it's missing pieces and havnt got any response Soo that one may be out but I found another sport king on other side of state, he said nothing was missing but wood was faded a bit and most important he said there was a few chips in slate that had to be filled last time the installers put it together. What kind of filler would be used for such a thing? He's getting me pictures hopefully soon
Bondo.

PracticeChampion

Well it seems it's more than just some chips. I'm not going to down load all pictures but yeah several chips and one of the slates was broke in half. I really like those tables but don't think it's worth my time to try and get correct

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-084736.png
    Screenshot_20210630-084736.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 66

PracticeChampion

I'm headed down tomorrow to look at and most likely buy the church Brunswick sports king the owners have any and all the missing pieces I was worried about. Have a couple questions?

Is the side rails 2 pieces or 8 ft? 2 pieces and I think I can get it all in the bed of my shortbed truck otherwise I'll need my trailer.

If I take my trailer is it feasible to pull just the slate and load the remaining as a whole on a trailer?

Anything tricky with how it comes apart?

Is there any actual instructions anywhere?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm headed down tomorrow to look at and most likely buy the church Brunswick sports king the owners have any and all the missing pieces I was worried about. Have a couple questions?

Is the side rails 2 pieces or 8 ft? 2 pieces and I think I can get it all in the bed of my shortbed truck otherwise I'll need my trailer.

If I take my trailer is it feasible to pull just the slate and load the remaining as a whole on a trailer?

Anything tricky with how it comes apart?

Is there any actual instructions anywhere?
Classic Billiards has manuals for around 25bux.

PracticeChampion

Take your time is most important thing. Take a LOT of pics as you go along. Mark parts with masking tape and a sharpie.
I've had my table that I have now apart 5-6 times so hopefully not to hard to figure out.
Any ideal if the side rails are 2 piece or full length? From looks of picture I think the rails are 2 piece but skirting is full length

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Sport King has (6) individual rails: (1) Head Rail, (1) End Rail, (2) Left Side Rails and (2) Right Side Rails. They should be marked as such on the underside. Taking it apart is not that difficult but would be much easier with a helper, especially when it comes to the slate. Bring moving blankets, Zip Lock bags, a Sharpie, masking tape and as advised, take pics along the way. It wouldn't hurt to bring some window cleaner and paper towels or a shop vac. I'm sure it's going to be quite dusty under the cloth. Take your time and it should all go well. Be careful driving on the way home and try to avoid pot holes and dips. You don't want to crack the slate in transport.

EDIT: You'd obviously want to bring tools. SAE socket set with extensions, allen key set, box wrenches, adjustable wrenches, sharp utility knife, screw drivers (flat and phillips), battery powered drill and/or impact driver, etc.

Before removing the slates, gently lift up the end slightly (1/8-1/4") to break the seam then lay it back down and pull it apart. Refrain from aggressively lifting up the ends just incase the slate is pinned. If you lift it aggressively, you could crack the slate at the pins

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd go in this order assuming it is drop pocket:

1. Remove pocket liners
2. Remove pocket castings
3. Remove aprons and ball tray
4. Remove rails
5. Remove bed cloth
6. Remove slate
7. Remove frame
6. Disassemble base

PracticeChampion

Well I brought it home, $500. Most did look real good👍., Also came with a nice Harley Davidson glass light and stick wall hanger, I'm not interested in it so hopefully get a few dollars back on that too. There's a piece of wood broke off the ball holder but it was a clean break so should glue back on clean and one pocket is trash.

So I need atleast one side pocket if not all 6, any ideals on that?

I am going to order new clothe, what's your recommendation?

PracticeChampion

I read somewhere, that on this era they used a sand stone briefly and I think that's what I have, sure doesn't look similar to my slate table

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-215011.png
    Screenshot_20210702-215011.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67