What Brunswick model here.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I brought it home, $500. Most did look real good👍., Also came with a nice Harley Davidson glass light and stick wall hanger, I'm not interested in it so hopefully get a few dollars back on that too. There's a piece of wood broke off the ball holder but it was a clean break so should glue back on clean and one pocket is trash.

So I need atleast one side pocket if not all 6, any ideals on that?

I am going to order new clothe, what's your recommendation?
Congrats!

These will work if it has the castings to accommodate screw in pocket liners.

For the cloth, I'd go with Simonis 860HR. If you are having a professional set it up (recommended) they will bring the cloth with them as it is usually part of the price to set up the table.

PracticeChampion

Congrats!

These will work if it has the castings to accommodate screw in pocket liners.

For the cloth, I'd go with Simonis 860HR. If you are having a professional set it up (recommended) they will bring the cloth with them as it is usually part of the price to set up the table.
Thanks!!

I'll check the castings here in a bit, moving a little slow this morning. That slate about broke me 😂

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No they were just nailed in
Bummer. You most likely don't have castings that accept the screw in pocket liners. It's a worthwhile upgrade. I'd reach out to Ken at Classic Billiards to see if he has a set. He may be willing to trade yours plus some cash. The nail heads will eventually start causing nicks in the balls unless you stay on top of them and make sure they are not working their way out.

PracticeChampion

Bummer. You most likely don't have castings that accept the screw in pocket liners. It's a worthwhile upgrade. I'd reach out to Ken at Classic Billiards to see if he has a set. He may be willing to trade yours plus some cash. The nail heads will eventually start causing nicks in the balls unless you stay on top of them and make sure they are not working their way out.
They do have the screw holes 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20210703_103056846_compress17.jpg
    IMG_20210703_103056846_compress17.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 58

PracticeChampion

Is this original cushions? They available still? Mine are still good just checking for later on

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_212353698_compress46.jpg
    IMG_20210708_212353698_compress46.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 56

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this original cushions? They available still? Mine are still good just checking for later on
I believe Sport Kings came with Brunswick Monarch Superspeed Cushions from the factory. That's what my Gold Crown I had when I bought it (Diamond Black K55 now). If I'm not mistaken, all vintage Brunswicks were equipped with Monarch Superspeeds.
Are those cushions even right? I read somewhere they should be k55 profile.
To the best of my knowledge, they should be K55. I'd start a thread in the Mechanic's Section of the forum to get some feedback/recommendations. The rail height may be off which can cause slow play and/or ball hop off the rails.

PracticeChampion

I believe Sport Kings came with Brunswick Monarch Superspeed Cushions from the factory. That's what my Gold Crown I had when I bought it (Diamond Black K55 now). If I'm not mistaken, all vintage Brunswicks were equipped with Monarch Superspeeds.

To the best of my knowledge, they should be K55. I'd start a thread in the Mechanic's Section of the forum to get some feedback/recommendations. The rail height may be off which can cause slow play and/or ball hop off the rails.
I just did, Thanks! The clothe was in terrible shape so it was very slow but seemed to spring off the rail quick and with speed and without hop

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not planning to, I've done it all a few times now so feel pretty confident but before it was all straight forward. This different cushions thing has me baffled though
You would need to hire a pro to have modern K55 properly installed on your rails. The subrail needs to be recalibrated for them to properly fit. I just hope some hack didn't install the K66 then sand the subrail down so it's flush to the cushion.

PracticeChampion

You would need to hire a pro to have modern K55 properly installed on your rails. The subrail needs to be recalibrated for them to properly fit. I just hope some hack didn't install the K66 then sand the subrail down so it's flush to the cushion.
Just contacted classic billiards, he gave me measurements from playing surface and they are indeed wrong (nose high) and should be the k55, so that tells me the rails probably wasn't messed with just wrong cushions installed. He says his cushions will work just fine without having to cut rails down

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just contacted classic billiards, he gave me measurements from playing surface and they are indeed wrong (nose high) and should be the k55, so that tells me the rails probably wasn't messed with just wrong cushions installed. He says his cushions will work just fine without having to cut rails down
They will work in terms of rail height but the field of play will shrink 1/4" in length and width. Each rail will protrude 1/8" longer than it should. So instead of a playing surface of 46" x 92" (2:1 ratio) it will be 45.75" x 91.75" and will not be a true 2:1 ratio.

PracticeChampion

They will work in terms of rail height but the field of play will shrink 1/4" in length and width. Each rail will protrude 1/8" longer than it should. So instead of a playing surface of 46" x 92" (2:1 ratio) it will be 45.75" x 91.75" and will not be a true 2:1 ratio.
Ahhh I see, was wondering what exactly the difference was. So 1/8" needs to come off the face to be true.
I live in a huge lumber county so surely there's a bunch of quality wood workers around here, I'll check around and see what I come up with. I know there's a bunch of Amish and or the community college also has a wood program of some kind and probably with serious equipment

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh I see, was wondering what exactly the difference was. So 1/8" needs to come off the face to be true.
I live in a huge lumber county so surely there's a bunch of quality wood workers around here, I'll check around and see what I come up with. I know there's a bunch of Amish and or the community college also has a wood program of some kind and probably with serious equipment
I wouldn't sweat this. 1/4" ain't much.