What Brunswick model here.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Sport King had square tapered legs.

The Sportsman had square legs.

The table in your last picture is a Sport King. It's as good a table as you will ever need. The only significant structural difference between a Gold Crown and a Sport King is the mainframe.

The table you pictured first is a Dakota II, a family table made of particle board and melamine.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Sport King had square tapered legs.

The Sportsman had square legs.

The table in your last picture is a Sport King. It's as good a table as you will ever need. The only significant structural difference between a Gold Crown and a Sport King is the mainframe.

The table you pictured first is a Dakota II, a family table made of particle board and melamine.
Totally agree. Way better than any 'home table'.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What do you call decent? Last GC i saw in that $-range needed a TON of work. A ready to play GC is gonna run you $1,500+. Still a helluva deal when you go price new commercial grade tables. I'd save a little longer and skip on the home table.
I have a GC1 in solid condition for $500 and I'd take $400 lol

PracticeChampion

Few more pictures, not the best but every picture I seen has a ball holder on the end. Reckon the ball holder has been removed or something? Do they break often

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210622-091321.png
    Screenshot_20210622-091321.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20210622-091328.png
    Screenshot_20210622-091328.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 96

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking $800 but figure can get cheaper on the spot
I'd offer $400. When I bought my Gold Crown, there were 2 on site (my buddy got the other). They were asking $1K each. I knew they had to get them out of there and the tables needed some work. I offered $600 for the pair. They sold them to us for $800 ($400 each). Pool tables are not easy to sell and I'd wager they have a timeline to get it out of there. If you offer $400 you may be able to get it for $500-$600. You have to go into it thinking it will need rubber and new cloth. It is 60 years old after all. You can use that as bargaining chips with the owner.

PracticeChampion

I'd offer $400. When I bought my Gold Crown, there were 2 on site (my buddy got the other). They were asking $1K each. I knew they had to get them out of there and the tables needed some work. I offered $600 for the pair. They sold them to us for $800 ($400 each). Pool tables are not easy to sell and I'd wager they have a timeline to get it out of there. If you offer $400 you may be able to get it for $500-$600. You have to go into it thinking it will need rubber and new cloth. It is 60 years old after all. You can use that as bargaining chips with the owner.
Yep

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Few more pictures, not the best but every picture I seen has a ball holder on the end. Reckon the ball holder has been removed or something? Do they break often
Looks like it's missing the foot apron (3 pieces, which includes the ball storage tray), and at least one corner shield. The foot apron could be easily replaced with a single piece of poplar. The corner shields are typically sheet steel. Easy enough to fabricate, if you have a metal fab shop nearby.

$800 is a bit steep for this one. But, as you said, you should be able to get it cheaper.. I might suggest $500 or less.

PracticeChampion

Looks like it's missing the foot apron (3 pieces, which includes the ball storage tray), and at least one corner shield. The foot apron could be easily replaced with a single piece of poplar. The corner shields are typically sheet steel. Easy enough to fabricate, if you have a metal fab shop nearby.

$800 is a bit steep for this one. But, as you said, you should be able to get it cheaper.. I might suggest $500 or less.
Yeah the first pictures didn't show all that for a reason, definitely won't be paying asking price