Shim Stock for Collets

Biloxi69

Registered
Greetings,
I have some yellow shim stock that is .020 inch in thickness. They are roughly 10”x 7”. See attachments. I’m selling 3 sheets for 20.00 bucks shipped. I have 70 sheets right now. They are great for collets. I ditch the delrin for these. They do not leave any jaw marks and should last a long time. PayPal me at biloxiboyz@yahoo.com. I will ship on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks!
Phi

Attachments

• 0ABBEDEF-55BC-4FB2-80A9-A2D60C988F6D.jpeg
    0ABBEDEF-55BC-4FB2-80A9-A2D60C988F6D.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 178
  • C2E32D75-0E26-4864-98AA-C78DCD101B73.jpeg
    C2E32D75-0E26-4864-98AA-C78DCD101B73.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 186

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,
I have some yellow shim stock that is .020 inch in thickness. They are roughly 10”x 7”. See attachments. I’m selling 3 sheets for 20.00 bucks shipped. I have 70 sheets right now. They are great for collets. I ditch the delrin for these. They do not leave any jaw marks and should last a long time. PayPal me at biloxiboyz@yahoo.com. I will ship on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks!
Phi
Paypal sent.

Thank you.

JC

Coos Cues
Greetings,

Thanks!
Phi
Do you cut them in strips and wrap them around your cue? What about the taper of the cue it seems like they will not be forgiving due to the hardness of them and only contact a small area not providing much grip like a tapered delrin collett. I could foresee tightening the jaws and denting the cue at it's widest point on the taper if you tighten it enough to hold it firmly enough to do any work confidently.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Biloxi69

Registered
Do you cut them in strips and wrap them around your cue? What about the taper of the cue it seems like they will not be forgiving due to the hardness of them and only contact a small area not providing much grip like a tapered delrin collett. I could foresee tightening the jaws and denting the cue at it's widest point on the taper if you tighten it enough to hold it firmly enough to do any work confidently.

I cut them a little wide than the jaws and chuck them down. I haven’t had any issues with it holding firmly due to taper. If you clamp those delrins tight enough they can also leave marks. I can post a pic when I get off from work.

Regards,
Phi

Reactions: JC

Biloxi69

Registered

See pic.

Attachments

• E026111F-69CA-4541-A67C-6F4D863108A7.jpeg
    E026111F-69CA-4541-A67C-6F4D863108A7.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 113

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
Got mine today. I've been using these shim sheets for years and like them better than delrin collets for shaft work. I may never use a full sheet. Simply unbeatable for the price.

Thanks Phi!

Alan