John Schmidt's and Corey Deuel's comments on aiming systems

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thing no one aims that way then. Whatever you are attempting to describe is not CTE.

Also you are using the word retarded incorrectly. I understand that you want to use it perjoratively but in this case you are not even correctly using it in that context.

One may be misguided or delusional in the acquistion of knowledge but rarely would retarded be the correct label to apply to a system that requires some deep study to learn and implement.

While you are certainly free to express your opinions you are not able to invent your own facts. And a fact is that there are players who use CTE successfully and whom do have the relevant experience to say with certainty that contact points are not part of the process.
Speaking of delusional you seem to be oblivious to vernacular. In your misplaced zeal to parry and defend ProcTE, you generalize much as CTE does aiming. That many "pro" have logged onto the CTE list can only demonstrate that many people are able to do - even perform, pool. You have claimed CTE works unequivocally, without shot Identification. This is retarded. Obviously, what works is the pool and Stan has merely done some sleight of spiel and relabeled aspects of pool shooting with which all players are familiar. Pool doesn't work any other way.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
As usual the blinders are on, and words spun to make a argument that ends up making the poster seem even more delusional. This isn't about aiming systems. It's about blind admiration. It's like debating against a flat earther that has never left their house to see a horizon.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As usual the blinders are on, and words spun to make a argument that ends up making the poster seem even more delusional. This isn't about aiming systems. It's about blind admiration. It's like debating against a flat earther that has never left their house to see a horizon.
I hope you aren't referring to me. I have been all around the world and hung with some of the best players on this planet during my 35 years in this industry. I have been around top Chinese snooker players, top Chinese 8 ball players, top billiards players and of course top pool players. I have had many conversations with many of them regarding aiming and theory. In fact, I would guess that I am in the handful of people who have tried to get as many perspectives on this subject as possible from as many levels of players as possible. I have, in fact, spent dozens of hours traveling with top players across the USA and we spoke at length about aiming and other subjects.

I admire results. Nothing blind about it. If someone does something that I find impressive and I can talk to them about how they did it then I take that opportunity and ingest all of the information that I can get.

Honestly, if I were the ONLY person pushing any given aiming system then based on MY RESULTS I wouldn't try anything that I recommended. But I am not and I respect the on-table results of my peers and my betters on this subject.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Speaking of delusional you seem to be oblivious to vernacular. In your misplaced zeal to parry and defend ProcTE, you generalize much as CTE does aiming. That many "pro" have logged onto the CTE list can only demonstrate that many people are able to do - even perform, pool. You have claimed CTE works unequivocally, without shot Identification. This is retarded. Obviously, what works is the pool and Stan has merely done some sleight of spiel and relabeled aspects of pool shooting with which all players are familiar. Pool doesn't work any other way.
There is shot identification. Apparently you have completely failed to understand how a shot is identified using the CTE method of aiming. It goes like this;

30I. If there is a shot that I face that requires a 30 degree perception with a left sweep then that's the identification. Any proficient CTE user can give me that "code" so to speak and I can walk up to the shot and apply the correct visual alignment and the correct physical steps and drop in on the correct shot line. I don't know how it gets any more objectively identifiable than that. Maybe you can tell us how you "identify" a shot since you think that CTE either doesn't identify shots OR that CTE merely changes the label. Go on. Tell me what one calls a 30 inside in the "no-system everybody does pool" world you think exists. I have studied this subject for several years now and haven't found anything that correlates with your nonsensical utterings but I am open to learning more if you actually have anything that makes sense.

If you ever want to stop being a troll and actually put up some real money then we can set up some experiments to test out your assertions. I am quite confident that you won't stop being an anonymous troll and certainly won't put any money up. I have $100,000 to put up against you though and am quite confident that my assertions on this subject will be proven correct while yours, as unintelligent as they are, will easily be proven to be as absurd as they read.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it isn't.
And "as usual".....you anti-cte kooks are still on a rant that you were on in this place years and years and years ago.
Are you guys just stone cold CRAZY...?????????????
It's not going away. You're just peeing into the wind and letting it blow back in your face.
THOUSANDS of users are putting it into play daily. And you kooks are too unaware to even know it.
Even Stefan Cohen (who has a highrun of a mere 431 balls) and is former World Straight Pool champion from 2009 over Mika Immonen now endorses and states that there is nothing like CTE aiming for success.
This place never changes....LET ME OUTTA' HEEEEEEEEEEEERE.
cartoon of skeptic facing CTE logic.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Uh oh, Stan is back to announce more pros buying the franchise .
What franchise? You keep using this word as if it is relevant to the conversation when maybe you mean something else. This is simply an unsolicited testimonial from a world class player with a world championship title. And Stan didn't post this, I did. Stan is busy with his CTE group and has no time to deal with people like you in a place where trolls are allowed to troll at their pleasure.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What franchise? You keep using this word as if it is relevant to the conversation when maybe you mean something else. This is simply an unsolicited testimonial from a world class player with a world championship title. And Stan didn't post this, I did. Stan is busy with his CTE group and has no time to deal with people like you in a place where trolls are allowed to troll at their pleasure.

oh, the irony, lol.

Lou Figueroa

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
No it isn't.
And "as usual".....you anti-cte kooks are still on a rant that you were on in this place years and years and years ago.
You quoted me, so i will assume the response was meant for me.

First off, I'm not anti-CTE. A 'kook'...?..., maybe. I wanted to understand the CTE theory a while back and give it it's due, but had sand kicked in my face by both sides, so that was the end of the that.

I've also haven't been ranting about anything for years on this forum. Been a member since May of 2020.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Another pro who's going to be charging for twitching aiming system. The one that did not make him a pro.
The one that made him a pro is too easy to show . Can't charge much for that .
Then the same pro will be checking the contact point on the object ball and tangent line often when playing .
Thankfully , you still have Niels, Morris , Mark Wilson and Lowry who do not have resort to gimmicks .

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Another pro who's going to be charging for twitching aiming system. The one that did not make him a pro.
The one that made him a pro is too easy to show . Can't charge much for that .
Then the same pro will be checking the contact point on the object ball and tangent line often when playing .
Thankfully , you still have Niels, Morris , Mark Wilson and Lowry who do not have resort to gimmicks .
Rodney Morris stated that he learned a little CTE from Stevie and then started playing better than ever.

Mark Wilson's BEST player in his university program was Landon Shuffett, who used CTE when he was playing.

Niels got beat by Mosconi Rookie Tyler Steyer, a CTE user who teaches CTE as well.

Tor Lowry? He teaches systems that he took from Jimmy Reid and repackaged them in slick videos. Jimmy Reid's best protege' is Hunter Lombardo. Hunter Lombardo uses and teaches CTE.

The sad part is that you have NO IDEA how deep objective aiming goes. Like NONE, ZERO, NADA, ZILCH. Because in my opinion you HATE pool and you hate pool players and you're just a hanger-on with a bug up your ass because someone is out doing something better than you ever could for this great sport. You're like the worst kind of knocker because you have ZERO CLUE about that which you attempt to knock. I find it incredibly sad that a significant part of your existence on this earth is that you wake up looking to knock something you don't understand using incorrect information.

You won't put your money where your mouth is because it's free to be wrong on this forum. You can post unlimited nonsense for free. If you have a job you're probably stealing time from your employer to post here. Regardless your actions trying to prevent people from learning to play better pool is truly despicable and awfully sad.

But hey, to each his own and if your self-validation comes from being an impotent knocker then by all means keep the conversation going. Every time you post a knock I will answer it and there is one more opportunity to introduce CTE to someone eager to improve their game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
none at all. Our respective body of posts speaks for itself as to whom is the "troll" and who is not. You have literally gotten away with a brutal amount of trolling in the past decade.

Not even close -- kiss my tuchus.

You really should learn, at some point in your pathetic life, that just because you proclaim something does not make it so.

Lou Figueroa
buy a clue
or a least a vowel, lol

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Not even close -- kiss my tuchus.

You really should learn, at some point in your pathetic life, that just because you proclaim something does not make it so.

Lou Figueroa
buy a clue
or a least a vowel, lol
Oh I got that. At least my life isn't so pathetic that I have to brag about winning nothing events in the back country. Yeah my life is pathetic.... That's why I can go into every pool room in your state and you can't.

Or did they let you back in yet?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh I got that. At least my life isn't so pathetic that I have to brag about winning nothing events in the back country. Yeah my life is pathetic.... That's why I can go into every pool room in your state and you can't.

Or did they let you back in yet?

Not bragging, just addressing your endless obsession about me.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Not bragging, just addressing your endless obsession about me.

Lou Figueroa
Not obsessed with you at all. At this point in my life you are just a shit stain that never quite disappears. I did respect you once and tried hard to be cool with you but you have proven yourself to be a lying backstabbing waste of oxygen in my experience. If a day comes when someone says you are no longer able to infect this pool forum with your venom I will simply thank the universe for that small mercy. I used to be entertained by your stories until I found out that they are "embellished" without any notification that you took literary license by interspersing fiction into your narratives. Then I learned why you do it, you are literally a trained professional bullshit artist AND a natural jerk. At the end of the day though your shittiness is part of the fabric of my life and I will always be ok with standing up to bullies such as yourself.