how are ya'll doing in league ?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
One stupid ball from a second straight rackless night. Hitting em real good right on time for city tournament this weekend, I may he a 7 come Friday, had a few single inning games , beating the pants off the 5s and 6s that come my way, 5/5 this session.

First team we play in city though has a great player, 80 percent win rate, 7 in ball 9 in 9ball
400 ish games in apa with 620 Fargo and 1100 games in!

Bring it on

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
My team first place division was first eliminated on the world qualifier lol.

I just got to play one time, put a rackless match on a 5, we jumped out to 6-0 on points , our other 6 went rackless also same night.
Then our lowers all got skunked. Dis game is cray cray like that lol

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I'm on a roll in 8 ball.7-0,
Monday skunked a 7 who's a well established 600 Fargo, 4/5 race I won 4-0

Putting me at number one for the MVP by points per game percentage and most likely going to be a 7 when come Monday

Lost 9ball tonight, couldn't get a rythm or decent layout to get myself rolling or focused since it looked like we were only having 2 people show up, including myself

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Actually won a match tonight... 😄

Played a guy...we all have one...that guy who, when they don't have a shot, hits it hard, and usually something falls for them. Lester is the guy in our league. He's so prolific, we call it "pulling a Lester" when someone poops one in.

I drew Lester tonight. Took him 5 games before crapping one in 😉. We went hill hill, and I somehow outlasted him. Felt good.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
That's what I mean when people bitch about slop, but those same people play 9ball, rarely affects the outcome of a match be it 8 or 9

I'll always stand behind the apa format over bca. Everything is harder about it

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I mean when people bitch about slop, but those same people play 9ball, rarely affects the outcome of a match be it 8 or 9

I'll always stand behind the apa format over bca. Everything is harder about it
I agree with everything you said...except when it comes to 9 ball lol. So many players beat me with slop...and my lousy dry breaks.

Last 9 ball match i dry broke and left a beautiful layout. My opponent...a 4 ran the table and thats a 3rd of his required points. . Yea i know 4's are not supposed to run a table but its easy to do with a boat load of hangers .

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Lol 3's aren't supposed to run 5 ball outs with position and cueball control either, but I learned something new over the weekend at city tournament 🤣

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol 3's aren't supposed to run 5 ball outs with position and cueball control either, but I learned something new over the weekend at city tournament 🤣
Reminds me. I have a 3 thats been with me for 10 years. Its frustratimg that she is not even a good 3. Man...2's and 3's kill her in cities.

Yet she has done something i have never acheived. We once had so mamy teams that we used up all the 7 footers and had to use some of the 9 footers. Well one night this 3 had a break and run in 9 ball on the 9 footer. Yet most nights she cant run 3 balls in a row starting with bih.

Unbelievable.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welp..different week aame story.

Won 8 ball ...lost 9 ball

Won i ball 4-1 in a 4-4 race.

Played a 9 in 9 ball. And lost by one frickin point. Hate loaing but a loss like this i can libe with. Its them 15-5 or 16- 4 azz whippins by 4's and 5's that is hard to swallow..

Last night of session. So i ended with an 11-1 record in 8 ball and a 2-9 record in 9 ball.

Maybe i can turn around 9 ball next session ..hopefully keep my level of play up in 8 ball..

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Rough week, been stinking it up in bca last 3 weeks, eeked put a 9ball win. 8ball team forfeit on us

BlueRaider

Registered
Finding out more and more that I think bar box 8 ball is a great game, whereas I think bar box 9 ball is incredibly dull.

In my double jeopardy league, I look forward to my 8 ball matches because I learn a lot from other players and often see some interesting choices. But 9 ball is so by the numbers, and it's made even worse on the small table. No one ever has to come with hero shots and cue ball placement can be "meh" and it doesn't really matter. And of course, there's almost no thinking involved whatsoever, outside of the occasional safety.

I've had a few nights where I've played the same person in both 8 ball and 9 ball. I'll crush them in 9 ball and then have a very close match against them in 8 ball or even lose. They will often be fairly weak shotmakers but they play smarter 8 ball than me. I've found that I rarely get upset when I'm losing big in 8 ball because I'm just fascinated by how the game unfolds and how "weaker" opponents can have me on the ropes.

I guess I'm like a lot of players who started out with 8 ball, then dismissed it once they discovered 9/10 ball, only to later realize that it's actually a much tougher game (especially on a bar box) than they initially thought.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Finding out more and more that I think bar box 8 ball is a great game, whereas I think bar box 9 ball is incredibly dull.

In my double jeopardy league, I look forward to my 8 ball matches because I learn a lot from other players and often see some interesting choices. But 9 ball is so by the numbers, and it's made even worse on the small table. No one ever has to come with hero shots and cue ball placement can be "meh" and it doesn't really matter. And of course, there's almost no thinking involved whatsoever, outside of the occasional safety.

I've had a few nights where I've played the same person in both 8 ball and 9 ball. I'll crush them in 9 ball and then have a very close match against them in 8 ball or even lose. They will often be fairly weak shotmakers but they play smarter 8 ball than me. I've found that I rarely get upset when I'm losing big in 8 ball because I'm just fascinated by how the game unfolds and how "weaker" opponents can have me on the ropes.

I guess I'm like a lot of players who started out with 8 ball, then dismissed it once they discovered 9/10 ball, only to later realize that it's actually a much tougher game (especially on a bar box) than they initially thought.
I'm honestly thinking about starting to play push out with my friends. It leads to more "tester" shots for both. If I can get them to agree it should be a fun time. Their safety game for the most part is rock solid. I would like the opportunity to give them a tester shot when I'm I can't breath from the airtight safety they shot. Hero shots don't win games, but they sure do feel good. A good player is going to dominate anyway, but it seems to make the game more exciting.

BlueRaider

Registered
I won my 9-ball match last night by 1 point.

I needed 3 and my opponent needed 5. She broke dry and left the cue ball frozen to the rail but with a shot on the 1. The 2 was automatic from there and the 3 would have been fairly easy. The win was right there.

Out of nowhere, I got extremely nervous. Didn't chalk my cue and MISCUED on the 1. Ball in hand. My opponent ran 4 balls and had a combo for the win and missed while leaving me a shot. Despite my earlier blunder and knowing any error would be insta-loss, I managed to run 3 and win. I was relieved to get the W but also felt completely undeserving because I really should have lost on the miscue.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching the apa championships going on in vagas.

Not trying to be an armchair quarterback here but after watching the s/l 5 8 ball championship i wish i woulda been there. Several mistakes by both players but then i realize there is pressure going on with that much money on the line.

O know its another year away but my 11-1 record this session has got me to thinking i should make a concerted effort to qualify for next year while i still got a lil gas in the tank. Just turned 67 a few weeks ago.

I have not attempted to qualify in quite a while because tournaments really wear me out.

Now taking into account it was 10 years ago that i made my only trip to vegas i thrived on the pressure back then. My team mates started calling me the beast after running over my opponents lol. Not sure how i would fare in singles but i believe i am gonna give it a serious attempt this year but am aware a lot could happen between now and then.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am just curious how some of you guys are playing and hoe some people respond without this going to another league bashing thread. feel free to respond no matter what league.

i was playing 5 times a week and cut out fri night scotch doubles double jeapordy last session. i just finished up in house bcapl points based money league and also dropping it too.

it seemed like i was just getting wore out playing so much and working 5 days a week also.

i play sunday night apa double jeapordy, tue night apa 8 ball travel and sat napa. i am captain of the sunday night and sat napa teams.

i started out slow on sun night 9 ball losing my 1st 3.. winning 1 .. losing 1 and then winning my last 6 in a row. i have really come on strong lately beating a 7 by a score of 17-3 and 2 5's both by a score of 18-2. my co-captain asked me to sit out last sun night 9 ball because he is afraid of me going up to a 6 in playoffs lol. with him just being raised to a 9 and us just losing our 1 who quit he is afraid of us not making the 23 limit.

sun night 8 ball i have not been doing too good. record of 4-6 so far with me winning last sun night against another tough 5 by a score of 4-3. i was on the verge of losing until he rattled the pocket on his last ball with me on the 8 which i made with no problem.

last night on my travel team i faced a 5 ...winning 4-2 in 10 innings with 1 break and run. i have not played 8 ball that good in a while.

well i look forward to my sat napa league where i will probably gat my ass kicked like i normally do. a lot of real good players in that league... what wins i have gotten did not come easy.

i would love to hear how some of you guys are doing.
After I heard that there was some sick folks , I didn't sign up this year, even though I miss it. When you stop a habit, you soon miss what you used to do, especially since you get to where you are not as sharp as you once were. I was just about ready when this Variant Virus showed up....
Good Luck to all...

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I have been watching the apa championships going on in vagas.

Not trying to be an armchair quarterback here but after watching the s/l 5 8 ball championship i wish i woulda been there. Several mistakes by both players but then i realize there is pressure going on with that much money on the line.

O know its another year away but my 11-1 record this session has got me to thinking i should make a concerted effort to qualify for next year while i still got a lil gas in the tank. Just turned 67 a few weeks ago.

I have not attempted to qualify in quite a while because tournaments really wear me out.

Now taking into account it was 10 years ago that i made my only trip to vegas i thrived on the pressure back then. My team mates started calling me the beast after running over my opponents lol. Not sure how i would fare in singles but i believe i am gonna give it a serious attempt this year but am aware a lot could happen between now and then.
I watched some. Its just like when I watch other matches in person, i see stuff that looks easy to me. Until I'm the one shooting, then I find all kinds of various ways to mess it up