how are ya'll doing in league ?

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
One stupid ball from a second straight rackless night. Hitting em real good right on time for city tournament this weekend, I may he a 7 come Friday, had a few single inning games , beating the pants off the 5s and 6s that come my way, 5/5 this session.

First team we play in city though has a great player, 80 percent win rate, 7 in ball 9 in 9ball
400 ish games in apa with 620 Fargo and 1100 games in!

Bring it on

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
My team first place division was first eliminated on the world qualifier lol.

I just got to play one time, put a rackless match on a 5, we jumped out to 6-0 on points , our other 6 went rackless also same night.
Then our lowers all got skunked. Dis game is cray cray like that lol

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
I'm on a roll in 8 ball.7-0,
Monday skunked a 7 who's a well established 600 Fargo, 4/5 race I won 4-0

Putting me at number one for the MVP by points per game percentage and most likely going to be a 7 when come Monday

Lost 9ball tonight, couldn't get a rythm or decent layout to get myself rolling or focused since it looked like we were only having 2 people show up, including myself

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Actually won a match tonight... 😄

Played a guy...we all have one...that guy who, when they don't have a shot, hits it hard, and usually something falls for them. Lester is the guy in our league. He's so prolific, we call it "pulling a Lester" when someone poops one in.

I drew Lester tonight. Took him 5 games before crapping one in 😉. We went hill hill, and I somehow outlasted him. Felt good.

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
That's what I mean when people bitch about slop, but those same people play 9ball, rarely affects the outcome of a match be it 8 or 9

I'll always stand behind the apa format over bca. Everything is harder about it

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I mean when people bitch about slop, but those same people play 9ball, rarely affects the outcome of a match be it 8 or 9

I'll always stand behind the apa format over bca. Everything is harder about it
I agree with everything you said...except when it comes to 9 ball lol. So many players beat me with slop...and my lousy dry breaks.

Last 9 ball match i dry broke and left a beautiful layout. My opponent...a 4 ran the table and thats a 3rd of his required points. . Yea i know 4's are not supposed to run a table but its easy to do with a boat load of hangers .

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol 3's aren't supposed to run 5 ball outs with position and cueball control either, but I learned something new over the weekend at city tournament 🤣
Reminds me. I have a 3 thats been with me for 10 years. Its frustratimg that she is not even a good 3. Man...2's and 3's kill her in cities.

Yet she has done something i have never acheived. We once had so mamy teams that we used up all the 7 footers and had to use some of the 9 footers. Well one night this 3 had a break and run in 9 ball on the 9 footer. Yet most nights she cant run 3 balls in a row starting with bih.

Unbelievable.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welp..different week aame story.

Won 8 ball ...lost 9 ball

Won i ball 4-1 in a 4-4 race.

Played a 9 in 9 ball. And lost by one frickin point. Hate loaing but a loss like this i can libe with. Its them 15-5 or 16- 4 azz whippins by 4's and 5's that is hard to swallow..

Last night of session. So i ended with an 11-1 record in 8 ball and a 2-9 record in 9 ball.

Maybe i can turn around 9 ball next session ..hopefully keep my level of play up in 8 ball..