Surprise surprise about about Pool in MSM.šŸ‘

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool video. Most of the shots in his video are our tournament shots. I don't know what tournaments he is talking about because I have been competing since 2014 and never heard of him. Is his name Matt MacPhail by any chance?
Matt Yuhas. I think he was more active around 2006-2012 time period. Now a full time English teacher... with a pool table in his classroom!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Matt Yuhas. I think he was more active around 2006-2012 time period. Now a full time English teacher... with a pool table in his classroom!
There's always room for anyone taking the time to promote this game to anyone who might someday decide to play it because of such exposure, be it by way of wanting to do trick shots, or by way of competitiveness, or just having fun.

Even i turned from player/gambler to pool table mechanic, and still rose to the top!!

SlateMan

Registered
Like I said, it's better to be thought of as a great player, from doing trick shots, than it is to prove you're NOT by playing in tournaments and going 2 and out from the start!
This just in:
Analyst predicts Olympic Gold Medalist Platform Diver could be beat if they competed in time/distance trials against other Olympians!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I went back and looked at the tournament results from various tournaments in that time frame and didn't see his name. hmmm. But looking at this video he definitely can hit the shots. A pool table in the classroom is awesome!!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said, it's better to be thought of as a great player, from doing trick shots, than it is to prove you're NOT by playing in tournaments and going 2 and out from the start!
Or you don't bother with tournaments because its not guaranteed money whereas a show is. The same reason we don't compete in big pool tournaments is the same reason players like Shane or Skylar don't play in ours.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Or you don't bother with tournaments because its not guaranteed money whereas a show is. The same reason we don't compete in big pool tournaments is the same reason players like Shane or Skylar don't play in ours.
Which is the same reason you don't get cue stick endorsements, pool table endorsements, or any other manufacturer endorsement contract offeres!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Itā€™s amusing for me to look at you guys argue about people you donā€™t even know. I know all these guys and I ainā€™t sayinā€™ shit. How about those apples.

Christ this is retarded. Take another dose

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I went back and looked at the tournament results from various tournaments in that time frame and didn't see his name. hmmm. But looking at this video he definitely can hit the shots. A pool table in the classroom is awesome!!
I am not sure how successful he ultimately was...he does not talk about it much, but has some great Tennessee Tarzan stories. Quick google search showed where he finished 14th out 0f 30 at SBE one year...

1628791402882.png

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Itā€™s amusing for me to look at you guys argue about people you donā€™t even know. I know all these guys and I ainā€™t sayinā€™ shit. How about those apples.

Christ this is retarded. Take another dose
Nah, I ain't arguing. Just sharing a neat anecdote about a former pro player turned high school teacher with a pool table in the middle of his english classroom. Here is a cool article the local paper did for those interested.

Clicky

SlateMan

Registered
Nah, I ain't arguing. Just sharing a neat anecdote about a former pro player turned high school teacher with a pool table in the middle of his english classroom. Here is a cool article the local paper did for those interested.

Clicky
Very cool story and sounds like a great guy making a difference.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well actually the Clowns are doing more then being funny.

Ask any REAL BULL RIDER, if they appreciate having the Clowns being there to protect the Bull Rider from harm.
The clowns have brass balls. šŸ¤”šŸ¤” They have my highest respect. Zero chance Iā€™d go play with the bulls.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure how successful he ultimately was...he does not talk about it much, but has some great Tennessee Tarzan stories. Quick google search showed where he finished 14th out 0f 30 at SBE one year...

View attachment 606256
Of course I didn't go back that far. lol That's awesome he finished that high in that event. That is a strong fiend too.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is the same reason you don't get cue stick endorsements, pool table endorsements, or any other manufacturer endorsement contract offeres!
Actually Florian is the most sponsored player in all of pool. I think he has around 7. Most of our top players have sponsors, either cue sponsors or other. I personally have 5 sponsors including a cue sponsor. ;););)

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's why there's so many tournaments wit Fargo rate limits, and pool league tournaments with a cap on the players ratings! Or are you oblivious to that part of pool?

Ever seen a pool tournament that required a 775 Fargo rating or HIGHER to be eligible to play in???
You must not read very often. My biggest complaint about Arizona (where I live) is that nearly EVERY tournament has fargo caps. So I don't think I'm oblivious to that. Our "Champions leagues" out here let anyone play. The competition is pretty stiff. What's your fargo? If you don't have one, can you take a guess? I believe you'd be eaten alive playing in the league out here.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's why there's so many tournaments wit Fargo rate limits, and pool league tournaments with a cap on the players ratings! Or are you oblivious to that part of pool?

Ever seen a pool tournament that required a 775 Fargo rating or HIGHER to be eligible to play in???
Nope, and I never will.