Surprise surprise about about Pool in MSM.👍

SlateMan

Registered
If you had to pay $5.99 subscription, how many of those 2.5M followers would remain loyal? If the viewing is free, it has no value other than the one being watched, might just as well be on the the garbage channel YouTube!
The users don't have to pay. I don't have to pay to watch CBS, NBC, or ABC. Advertisers pay. If this were a Youtube channel, this guy would take in between $2,000-$3,000 for each one million views of a video. Now, take 2.5 million subscribers, lets say he get's $5,000 when all 2.5 million click his video. Assume he puts out about 2 videos per month and his subscribers all click and watch them. That's $120,000 a year producing videos from his living room. Now, what has no value?

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's priced right for you, cheap! Does nothing for pool, my cats entertain me as well. Take away silicone, fast cloth, and jump cues, where does that leave the trick shot artists today?

silicone is only used in a handful of shots on video. It is not done in competition. Now Artistic Billiards? That's another story. lol

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you never see is how many takes are never show to perform a trick shot, all you ever see is the final cut, and are wowed! 99% of the trick shot artists today couldn't win a Saturday night pool tournament at the local bar!

I would disagree with that. most of us can play decent pool. Yes what you see is the final shot but I would be willing to bet that regular pool players would take 3x as many attempts as we do, if not even more.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would disagree with that. most of us can play decent pool. Yes what you see is the final shot but I would be willing to bet that regular pool players would take 3x as many attempts as we do, if not even more.
Ever seen Florian playing 9B? I'd bet on the APA 5 to win!!!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever seen Florian playing 9B? I'd bet on the APA 5 to win!!!

I have and I would take that bet and be stealing. Now granted, 3-4 years ago you would be stealing from me with that bet. But considering Florian plays pretty decent pool now (between a 650 and 700 level fargo), I would be stealing.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder how good the pro's of today would be without the fast cloth and the jump cues?
Different topic, but to answer that question I’d say they would play close to the previous champions. They are “playing” better because the equipment is easier and the balls are all the same size and break better etc.

People are not just “more” skillful now than in the past. Maybe 1P players move better because they are more knowledgeable…..maybe. But not by much.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Different topic, but to answer that question I’d say they would play close to the previous champions. They are “playing” better because the equipment is easier and the balls are all the same size and break better etc.

People are not just “more” skillful now than in the past. Maybe 1P players move better because they are more knowledgeable…..maybe. But not by much.
The pros today would kick the ass of the pros in the 80's and down . Even if they claim they moved the ball better .
Please ! The pros today shoot straighter because they almost all have perfect form and do insane drills .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The users don't have to pay. I don't have to pay to watch CBS, NBC, or ABC. Advertisers pay. If this were a Youtube channel, this guy would take in between $2,000-$3,000 for each one million views of a video. Now, take 2.5 million subscribers, lets say he get's $5,000 when all 2.5 million click his video. Assume he puts out about 2 videos per month and his subscribers all click and watch them. That's $120,000 a year producing videos from his living room. Now, what has no value?

Some U-Tubes do throw commercials at you. Sometimes you stuck with entire commercial, other times you can hit skip.

Some people make mega bucks with a U-Tube channel, like child who reviews toys.

Friend use U-tube to promote his online venture, he understand how to use. Produced great content because he is great editor.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never really enjoyed trick shots. There's no denying that some of the stuff Venom does is AMAZING, but I'd rather watch an old accu-stats of Buddy vs Nick that I've seen 15 times than watch a new trick shot video.

Never even heard of the dude in the article.
I’m the same way. To me it’s like watching a basketball game vs a basketball trick shot video. I’d rather see actual bulls lock horns than watch an edited compilation. As my old mentor told me when I asked if he knew any tricks he said, “Tricks are for kids”.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the aspects of trick shots that I feel pool players don't like is that fact that we are paid up front, which can lead to a jealously factor. I don't need to grind for 6+ hours at a tournament and not even cash. I am paid before I even walk in the door and I entertain for an hour or two.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
One of the aspects of trick shots that I feel pool players don't like is that fact that we are paid up front, which can lead to a jealously factor. I don't need to grind for 6+ hours at a tournament and not even cash. I am paid before I even walk in the door and I entertain for an hour or two.
And how do you get a Fargo rating without playing matches in events?