Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It was broadcast to than many people. Not that many watched it.
Is pool popular in China?

Despite the unstable name-shifting, the sport has been enjoying growing momentum in China, now boasting more than 60 million fans. Just like snooker in Britain in the 1960s and 1970s, Chinese pool was originally seen as a game played by seedy people in unsavory places, for example, in smoky basements.Mar 17, 2017

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the big reasons that people get turned off to pool is that the minute somebody gets good at the game, they try to rob money from every person who walks into a pool room just looking to have some fun, and, traditionally, the owners of rooms did nothing to stop this behavior.

Thus, young folks who may have stuck with the game, got tired of the hustles and just stop going to play. The game gets a bad name and rap, the corporate folks outside of pool run for the hills, and here we are all over again back to stage 1- happens every time that I can remember since 1967 when I started visiting rooms.

Now I know that golf has its share of gambling too- but when i started playing golf in the 1980s- NOT ONCE- in every visit to a golf course, did someone try to pull a hustle- not once in hundreds of trips to the course. Of course one may gamble among friends, etc. but there was never an outsider trying to get into your pocket- everyone was there just to enjoy the day- and the corporate sponsors come to golf in droves!

Pool misses the mark every time because it never had any long term vision for success and sustainability that was universally put into practice.

Brunswick had two big shots at it in 1961 and 1986 and both times they failed to do more than just promote their own equipment- Brunswick could have led much more in many areas related to sustainability of the game of pool. It may now take a European or Asian company to come here some day and do it right from the start- pool schools, well run rooms, education to the masses, etc. etc.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So you want to be reminded of the stuff you said ?
Why don't you repeat it because the late crowd is just coming in ?
Then they should start reading the 1st post!! Not just looking at the words, then throwing in their .02 cents like you always do!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So you want to be reminded of the stuff you said ?
Why don't you repeat it because the late crowd is just coming in ?
What i said, and what I've been saying along, is POOL needs ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP if you want to approach sponsors OUTSIDE of this industry!! And that ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP must come by way of a non-profit organization, as to NOT be influenced by the manufacturers and sellers within this INDUSTRY!! Thus industry can not support itself in the way it NEEDS to be supported, and there IS businesses available who DO have the disposable income to do exactly that, its called advertising dollars! Did you read about how much is spent in advertising dollars every year, i posted the numbers, did you READ THEM?

BUT, if you want a shot at getting a share of that advertising money, you CAN'T GO HAND OUT, PALM UP, ASKING FOR MONEY TO SUPOORT THIS SPORT.....JUST BECAUSE!!!

You must be able to offer those advertisers SIMETHING in return, as a ROI, or you're just wasting THEIR time, because you won't be wasting THEIR money, thats for damn sure!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Great. You don't need reminding then.
End of thread .
Tell me something, tell everyone something, show me what you know Joey, how would YOU BRING AN ADVERTISER into this sport with millions to spend?????

The QUESTION is on YOU now, so let's hear what your ideas are!!!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm sorry, did I miss something of intelligence that you contributed? Or did you contribute NOTHING as usual!!
And what did you contribute ?
Another soapbox thread for you ?
You wanted people's opinions so you can argue incessantly over them as usual .
Go seek professional help.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Tell me something, tell everyone something, show me what you know Joey, how would YOU BRING AN ADVERTISER into this sport with millions to spend?????
Why ?
So, you can argue some more ?

Tell us when your new organization starts .
And as the saying goes, talk is cheap.

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Participation is nice . BUYING POWER is what matters .
More people play pool . A lot more golf players own Cadillac and Lexus .
Why do Rolex and Omega sponsor pro tennis ? Why not pool ? They don't see pool players as fancy watch buyers .

Budweiser should be kicking all of our doors down.

Shooter 1= Stelzenmuller, Titleist conversion-Z2

Shooter 2= Bob Frey, Bacote sneaky

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why ?
So, you can argue some more ?

Tell us when your new organization starts .
And as the saying goes, talk is cheap.
You know what Joey, its pretty clear to me that I'm the only person who gives a shit about this sport, and I'm NOT content with the way it currently is, or has been managed. So it sure does appear like I'm the ONLY person thinking outside of the box, figuring out a way to straighten it out! And instead of any support for what I'm doing, all I get is resistance, why??

I don't accept the fact that no one believes this sport can be taken to a level of organization and leadership to the likes its NEVER seen before in its entire history, but thats just me I guess!
What is sad however, is that all of you will stand to benefit from this business by way of viewership entertainment, even though you don't deserve it!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

This sport needs an advertiser that is present in over 100 countries around the world, with something to gain by way of sponsorship equating to sales.

That way pool rooms around the world can host sponsored events no different than events held in the United States, only then the players wouldn't have to travel outside of their region of the world to earn sponsorship dollars!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I have a sponsor now I'm talking with that has over 50,000 locations around the world, in 150 counties!

And believe it or not, there's lots of sponsors just like that, very interested in what I'm presenting. Meeting takes place Aug 24/25th coming up.