Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Demographics .
If in time Amazon sees a ton of business in billiard related products, MAYBE they will start sponsoring pool tournaments.
I don't think monopoly or conspiracy is involved .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Demographics .
If in time Amazon sees a ton of business in billiard related products, MAYBE they will start sponsoring pool tournaments.
Demographics? Pool is played in over 100 countries around the world, not just the United States.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Demographics .
Who's the organization body and leadership representation of this sport in the United States??? How about in Canada or Mexico?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Demographics? Pool is played in over 100 countries around the world, not just the United States.
Participation is nice . BUYING POWER is what matters .
More people play pool . A lot more golf players own Cadillac and Lexus .
Why do Rolex and Omega sponsor pro tennis ? Why not pool ? They don't see pool players as fancy watch buyers .

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Event Sponsors? Or do you mean promoter?
Yes. They are still sponsors to me .
Charlie Williams tried building a post-PBT organization . It fizzled .
Rodney Morris is talking about a real pro-tour right now. I wish him the best .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So they bring in OUTSIDE money, if so, from whom??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
ANY system based on entry fee support for building the majority of the prize fund is determined to fail, and keep repeating history!!

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
So they bring in OUTSIDE money, if so, from whom??
If Diamond has an event and THEY PUT up the money, they are both sponsor and promoter to me .
Sponsor because they aren't going to recoup that money in that event .
They do bring in outside money by getting a bunch of little sponsors ( Kamui and others ).
I have no idea if the venue throws in a dime too .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If Diamond has an event and THEY PUT up the money, they are both sponsor and promoter to me .
Sponsor because they aren't going to recoup that money in that event .
They do bring in outside money by getting a bunch of little sponsors ( Kamui and others ).
I have no idea if the venue throws in a dime too .
The ONLY event Diamond sponsors, as well as promotes, is the DDC. And they have no sponsorship outside of this industry. I know exactly how much Diamond kicks in too, and it's less than 30% of the total prize money, no different than any other events player entry fee supported!

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
The ONLY event Diamond sponsors, as well as promotes, is the DDC. And they have no sponsorship outside of this industry. I know exactly how much Diamond kicks in too, and it's less than 50% of the total prize money, no different than any other events player entry fee supported!
Ok, so that solves nothing .
My idea is , bite the bullet , and let's buy all billiard goods at Amazon and someone talk to Amazon to own the Pro Billiards Tour.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
I mean, when even the mechanics take money from people and fail to deliver, it doesn't inspire a lot of trust in the industry for outside money

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I mean, when even the mechanics take money from people and fail to deliver, it doesn't inspire a lot of trust in the industry for outside money
Do YOU have any FACTS to support your claim, or are you just following in someone else's footsteps?