Diamond dual polisher

Nyquil

I have a single no internal pics. They are worth the coin imo especially if you have a ball return system vs drop pockets.

Paul Webster

Registered
I'm building it for myself anyway, just wanted to see how not to do it.....lol.....it's noisy, I'm going to use a worm gear drive system to make it quiet.....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm building it for myself anyway, just wanted to see how not to do it.....lol.....it's noisy, I'm going to use a worm gear drive system to make it quiet.....
A worm and worm gear is typically used when a high gear reduction (50:1 range) is needed in a small amount of space. Do you think that type of ratio would be too slow of a platter? The Diamond uses belts. I think it’s only a single stage reduction, but haven’t looked inside of mine for 10 years.

Paul Webster

Registered
I think people should keep there sh__t comments to them self, I only am trying to build a better and Quieter mouse trap for myself.....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people should keep there sh__t comments to them self, I only am trying to build a better and Quieter mouse trap for myself.....
I did some transmission designs in my prior dayjob for kid’s items. Belts were almost always quieter than gears. If you do go with gears and noise is your primary concern, plastic gears will be quieter than metal.