🔥🔥 TEXAS OPEN IS NOW $38,500 TOTAL ADDED 🔥🔥

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No he deliberately hit the 5 with the tip of his cue.
I watched the video.
i dont think it was deliberate
shane could have just tapped the cue ball and let scottt shoot from the same place
except now the 5 is no longer a threat for scottt and scott is on first foul

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont think it was deliberate
shane could have just tapped the cue ball and let scottt shoot from the same place
except now the 5 is no longer a threat for scottt and scott is on first foul
I think tapping the cue ball is different from hitting an object ball with your cue on purpose,that's how i saw it.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We can agree to disagree
It did Not look deliberate on scotts part to me
The tap part was for AFTER scotts foul

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double J and T-Rex doing commentary

1630090977634.png

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Dennis Orcollo
2021 Texas Open One Pocket division champion
Great event for Josh Roberts taking 2nd place
3rd Shane Vanboening
4th Tony Chohan
5-6th Scott Frost
5-6th Corey Deuel
7-8th Jeremy Seaman
7-8th Omar Alshaheen

240783830_648071369506557_6524430345187402938_n.jpg

1630094963404.png

Team Dennis getting the cash

237863907_1458293807861757_7186221665352803387_n.jpg

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Great to hear... Dennis will be ready, I hope Josh will be too!
He wasn't ready... hope he bounces back and learned something from it. Still a pretty sweet lick no doubt, and well earned too!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Shane get into 1p action again..

I remember long time ago, he could play Alex even. They played $2K a game with video on youtube.

His last matchup that i know of was against trex race to 10. He lost a couple of close sets. You know its real when he pulls out a wad of cash to pay.

Maybe Shane vs Gomez.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of byes. I skimmed thru the bracket names and didn't see Raga, Busty, and Kaci.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I remember long time ago, he could play Alex even. They played $2K a game with video on youtube.

His last matchup that i know of was against trex race to 10. He lost a couple of close sets. You know its real when he pulls out a wad of cash to pay.
I watched both matches live.

Shane had Alex stuck a few games, before Alex got back to either even or 1-2 games winner, at which point Shane quit. Alex beat Scott Frost for a big number just a few days later.

Shane got staked when he played Tony Chohan.

The first set, played on a Gold Crown, Tony offered to start the set over and add more money, but the people staking Shane didn't have any more cash.

Tony won that set case game.

They played another set the next day on a Diamond, where Tony won more decisively.

A few months later Tony offered Shane 9-8, which he refused, asking for 10-8 instead.

Reactions: bbb

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe Shane vs Gomez.
I don't think Shane enjoys playing 1 pocket

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of byes. I skimmed thru the bracket names and didn't see Raga, Busty, and Kaci.

Full field 160 players

Byes are because with 160 players you have to use 256 player bracket

Raga, Busty, and Kaci all three had travel visa issues and could not make it.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
48th annual Texas Open 9 Ball Championship Payouts.
$152,680 Total Payout
😮

View attachment 607998
There's some serious cheese in this tournament! The biggest calcutta I've ever seen. although they're paying very deep. Too deep imo. Top sixteen would have been fine. But it's their event (and a damn good one), so that's their call. I'd like to see them up the entry money to $200 next year. That's chump change for this crowd and it would pump the prize money with an additional $8,000. Again, their call. Just my observation. Even going to $225 would work. That way $200 from each entry would go into the prize fund. Same size field and you have a $52,000 purse! I do like paying deep (top 32) in the tournament. With an extra $12,000, they could pay down to 33-48. I can't help it. I'm a promoter at heart. :)

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Whoever wins this event deserves a hell of a lot of respect. There are a lot of straight killers in the field.

Anyone know if Josh Roberts got at least half of himself in the one pocket calcutta?