CJ's Adventures on the Road - Coming Out of "Hustling" Retirement for a Night

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been touring the country meeting and coaching all kinds of interesting players and getting stellar results. After over 60 private lessons in the last 5 weeks I was getting burned out and wanted to match up a gambling game and have some fun "like old times".

A friend said he knew a guy about an hours drive that may not know me so I could possible get some action. I don't hustle pool anymore so I told him if I went with him it would be under these conditions......I would tell the truth about my name, where I'm from AND I would not ask him to play, he would have to ask me. This makes the situation challenging, however, that's appealing to me, what's life without unique challenges? This is the story of what happened, it's too long to write and from the responses I'm getting it was much better told in person.

There's more to the story now, but I wanted to share it with you guys and I'll add the updates if anyone wants to know.....so sit back, relax and check this out.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Update:

The two players I was gambling with both contacted me to come to their bar and give a clinic and several private lessons AND they want to match up another game. How strong is that, among all the other things that happened that night they invited me back to work with their league players and locals. What an unusual experience, too bad there's not thousands of people like them these days, back in the 80s and 90s there actually were. What a strange world this has turned into these days, almost looks like it was all planned out!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Update:

What a strange world this has turned into these days, almost looks like it was all planned out!
Great story, CJ. I was in fact enjoyably hypnotized (pun intended) watching & listening.

Regarding "strange world/all planned out": you had the very definition of a good R&R getaway from headlines -- pleasurable, rewarding, and with many positive, unplanned consequences. Let the serendipity roll, bro.

Arnaldo

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great story, CJ. I was in fact enjoyably hypnotized (pun intended) watching & listening.

Regarding "strange world/all planned out": you had the very definition of a good R&R getaway from headlines -- pleasurable, rewarding, and with many positive, unplanned consequences. Let the serendipity roll, bro.

Arnaldo
Yes, my life is very adventuresome I've been traveling to a new city or state ever week for several years. Today I'm heading to Wisconsin to hang out and teach a gentleman that's a chef, originally from France with homes in Switzerland, Texas, Wisconsin and who knows where else. lol I meet so many fascinating people that love pool throughout the country and the most impressive thing is they aren't being fooled by all the psychological operations that are currently targeting the general population. There is hope for humanity, but only if they concentrate on their own reality instead of the science fiction spoon fed to the population by actors on TV impersonating scientists, doctors, politicians and other "caring" people......actually they don't care about us at all, but that's a long, story of history and how we all got in this bizarre situation....which has been carefully planned out for centuries.

Best Wishes, Arnold, hope all is well with you and yours. Stay strong and trust your instincts and common sense, they will not let you down!