US Open 9-ball updates thread..

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if you can cast Dazn onto a smart tv? I have been trying unsuccessfully so far. I have a Roku Ultra and a LG OLED Tv. It seems like only certain video sites can be cast and maybe not Dazn... I went to Dazn through my tv and logged in that way and was told I needed to update my software. Checked that thru the tv and it is set to automatically update so I am at a loss...

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Does anyone know if you can cast Dazn onto a smart tv? I have been trying unsuccessfully so far. I have a Roku Ultra and a LG OLED Tv. It seems like only certain video sites can be cast and maybe not Dazn...
Sure, right from the home screen on the app. If you have a smart TV, just add the DAZN app. I have the OLED LG as well, 2018E8, it is there on mine.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if you can cast Dazn onto a smart tv? I have been trying unsuccessfully so far. I have a Roku Ultra and a LG OLED Tv. It seems like only certain video sites can be cast and maybe not Dazn...
The DAZN channel is available on Roku! That’s how I’m watching.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just does not compute. LMAO

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your place is not to judge another persons skill in a you said it….open tournament. Who cares if lower tier players want to play, you’re saying take that money out of the tournament….in a game where the best in the US make severely mediocre amounts of money for the level of skill they have at the game. Money filters up in these things, the sponsors are a joke for the most part and you absolutely need the absolute bottom tier to be paying entry fees to feed the top tier. Your point is invalid and ridiculous in multiple facets. Also FR is a very mediocre metric to say “when”’anyone should enter a tournament on top of that.
I think that Nick B does have somewhat of a well taken point here. There is no reason to have a US Open with such a large number of participants that half of them really do not belong. It should be a true test of skill in every match. It seems conceivable to me that by allowing such a non- vetted Open, a true pro could move through at least a few opening matches truly untested, while another true pro could have to face really top elite competition in 2 early matches and be out of the running. I firmly believe that EVERYmatch should be a true test of the highest skill levels in the game.

I don't like high level Pro tournaments where pro levels compete evenly with much lower level players. I believe that regional/ local tournaments should be the place where non- pros test their skills against pro levels if they so desire. Personally, I am willing to compete with a pro level player, when I know up front what my max $ loss possible will be - but a place like the U S Open would not be where that should occur IMO.

When you have enough true pro level players to fill out a field- and the US Open certainly had enough of them- why dilute the tournament? Regional tournaments like those run by Mike Zuglan seem a much better place for the 500/600 level players to test their skills.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just does not compute. LMAO
Funny guy!! Does not for me either....

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People can test their skills & put up their money where ever they like. Typical pool player jackasses making such ridiculous assessments. Instead of wondering why someone puts their money up to compete while you keyboard champions stay home, try coming up with the next creative title to complain about cornhole being on ESPN.

This main forum is a prime example why I can't stand the majority of fans.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't believe it's on Sky Sports

Does anyone know if you can cast Dazn onto a smart tv? I have been trying unsuccessfully so far. I have a Roku Ultra and a LG OLED Tv. It seems like only certain video sites can be cast and maybe not Dazn... I went to Dazn through my tv and logged in that way and was told I needed to update my software. Checked that thru the tv and it is set to automatically update so I am at a loss...
If for some reason you have trouble doing this on your tv via roku, you could try casting from a browser on a laptop/PC for example. get a chromecast or chromecast ultra & connect it to an HDMI port on your tv. Using the chrome browser look for the 3 dots in the right hand corner & scroll down. You will find cast. Set tv on HDMI input you placed chromecast. Select cast from chrome browser. Choose your tv, done. Keep in mind some smart tv's don't continue to get software updates after a certain amount of time. Not sure why you can't cast it to your tv. You could do this from the mobile device of your choosing using the free chrome browser. You didn't say what operating system or platform you use. The chrome broswer is platform agnostic & casting is built-in to the browser.

OverTheNut

If you told me that I would be guarenteed to play Trump 9ball in the USopen and it would be streamed live, I'd pony up more than just the $750. I highly doubt I'd do much better than this Maggie individual, but I certainly wouldn't care.
Same here! I'd happily pay to be 'the nobody' against someone like Judd Trump in a proper match being watched round the world.

Trouble is - you'd pay your $750 + hotels/travel etc. and then get drawn against another 'nobody' who was just a bit better then you. You lose on table 23 and then lose again to another 'nobody' in the losers bracket!

Do they let you stay and watch the rest of the tournament once you are out?

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
IMHO televising these matches with lower tier players does nothing for the brand and after all that is what it's about, there should be qualifiers.
these dead money players are the ones that contribute to prize funds, if you take them out then better get sponsorships to add money. TV time is their 5 mins of fame which is great too. Nothing wrong with stepping up and getting a chance to play world class players, what other sport allows you to do it ?

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
these dead money players are the ones that contribute to prize funds, if you take them out then better get sponsorships to add money. TV time is their 5 mins of fame which is great too. Nothing wrong with stepping up and getting a chance to play world class players, what other sport allows you to do it ?
I suspect for an event of this stature Matchroom is not dependent on entry fees for prize money, I would think they have a bigger picture in mind.
You may have answered your own question here, most big money sports would not use this format.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
College Football has high ranked teams beating schools no one has ever heard of every week by scores of 35+, and plenty of people still watch.