Average number of games before a table should be recovered?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually if you take the model of the cloth you can figure out its lifespan.

If its Simonis 860 and the table is for commercial use you take the first two numbers and add them up, which equals 14 months max.
If its for home use, you multiply the first two numbers, which gives you 48. 48 months max use.

:devilish:
Hehehe! So if I name my cloth 9900, I'll have the best cloth in the world?🤣

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, thats incredible. My Simonis 860 was due for replacement after about 3-4 years. No jumping or masses on my table either. I also vacuum it weekly, sometimes multiple times per week and I am careful to not chalk over the table. I dont break from both sides though. My wear is from the rack, I have lines going to the rack from breaking, and beyond that there are very noticeable lines in all of the rail grooves which are very noticeable a few inches from every pocket opening.

I'll be lucky to get three years out my 860HR. It's only about a year old and it's got more track lines down the rails and spots from breaking than any table I've seen in recent history.

It's sees alot of play.

I'm assuming that on any given week the table gets 10-15 hours minimum. Friday night is the bulk of that. Other days around 30 minutes to an hour.

If it's a drop pocket table, switch break ends for a while. It seems the ball tracks will fade a little over time. On new cloth, switch breaking ends every two weeks. It will minimize ball tracks and breaking marks, and will double the life of the cloth.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I really didnt start playing till about 9 years ago then when looking for a home table got really lucky and found a privately purchased and owned pristine GCI for $300, also came with a double sided floor standing matching cue stand and a Hoppe Titlist. I was so excited about having a GC at home that I wore out the new cloth I put on after I had the sub-rails modified and pockets tightened. I bet that I played at least a couple hours per day 6-7 days a week for 3 years. I had a lot of missed pool time to make up, now that I wasn't racing anymore I had the free time and tournaments replaced racing to fill my need for competition.
Interesting I have that need for competition too. Right now last few years that hasn’t been pool-which has been my main competition thing & business was at one point in my life. I can’t live without some form of competition-it’s like a DNA thing-it’s part of who I am. Interesting topic that’s OT here but worth mentioning.

back to our regularly scheduled program

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
There is so no such a number. It all depends on the kind of play on the table. If it’s straight pool or one pocket, even at a pool room, the cloth can last for years. If it’s mainly 9-ball and 8-ball by strong players all the way to recreational players, with heavy play, it could be less than 6 months.

No one is going to bother figuring out how many games that is and it doesn’t matter - there is no stock answer. The look and play of the cloth will let you know when the cloth needs replacing.
Excellent points.

Another determining factor is the table owner and their tolerance.

I've played tables that literally had bare spots.

I know another room that replaces them all every January when business is slowed by weather.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent points.

Another determining factor is the table owner and their tolerance.

I've played tables that literally had bare spots.

I know another room that replaces them all every January when business is slowed by weather.
January is the busy time in Northern Ohio. You live in the South?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Question has no right answer, people who take care of stuff make it last. People can trash a new care in 120 days of abuse.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I know cleaning condition play a roll, but on average how many games can be played before you should have to change cloth? Btw we have fake simonis cloth. Lol

Ypu vacuum it good with wet dry vac and the proper brush and you clean the cloth good and you can go a long time.

When you want to change colors.