Best to use to clean a set of Aramith balls

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

A Friend recently bought a used table which is in pretty good shape but the ball set is pretty dirty. I use aramith cleaner on mine which polishes them up nice. But these are to dirty for that and he wants to clean them up and sort of disinfect them if that makes sense. Would cleaning them in alcohol or soap and water and then polish them with the aramith cleaner hurt them. Would the alcohol or soap and water take any finish off underneath the grime. Appreciate any help. Don’t want to damage the balls. They are not chipped or beat just dirty. They are Aramith premiums. Any help Appreciated. Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aramith has a "ball restorer" product which is a more abrasive, aggressive polish. It's intended for the exact use your friend has. Use the "cleaner" product after the restorer. Available from your friendly global merchant:

CropperCapture[760].png

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use the Aramith Ball Restorer. Stay away from detergents or any products not designed for use on phenolic billiard balls.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

A Friend recently bought a used table which is in pretty good shape but the ball set is pretty dirty. I use aramith cleaner on mine which polishes them up nice. But these are to dirty for that and he wants to clean them up and sort of disinfect them if that makes sense. Would cleaning them in alcohol or soap and water and then polish them with the aramith cleaner hurt them. Would the alcohol or soap and water take any finish off underneath the grime. Appreciate any help. Don’t want to damage the balls. They are not chipped or beat just dirty. They are Aramith premiums. Any help Appreciated. Thanks
Have you tried the Aramith Ball Cleaner on them?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith has a "ball restorer" product which is a more abrasive, aggressive polish. It's intended for the exact use your friend has. Use the "cleaner" product after the restorer. Available from your friendly global merchant:

View attachment 611447
Bob,

As someone who is not familiar with the restorer, can it be used in conjunction with a ball cleaner/polisher? Do you believe that the restorer product would leave a residue in or on the cleaning surfaces of a ball cleaner/pilisher?

Thanks,
Keith

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob,

As someone who is not familiar with the restorer, can it be used in conjunction with a ball cleaner/polisher? Do you believe that the restorer product would leave a residue in or on the cleaning surfaces of a ball cleaner/polisher?

Thanks,
Keith
I'm pretty sure the restorer is primarily a much coarser abrasive, where "much coarser" is in comparison to the cleaner which will leave the balls shiny. As such, I would not want to get it on the cleaning pads. The cleaner should be used after the restorer. Even with the cleaner, I prefer to always wash the balls in plain water after cleaning to eliminate any chance of residue.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 100% agree that you don’t want to use dawn. I’m not sure what alcohol would do. It’s a pain but I would recommend using the restorer and cleaner as per the instructions 3-4 times. It’s hard work but they will look brand new when you finish.

Nyquil

Bob put in a solid recommendation. RKC recommends the megs cleaner wax (for diamond polisher) it works great. Haven't tried the aramith cleaners but assume they work well.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Easy to say but try making a ball cleaner. Utube has videos. There is no substitute for cleaning with a ball cleaner type buffer.

L.S. Dennis

Regarding the ball cleaning I have used all the products and some work well, some better than others. I would not use the Arimith restorer unless the balls are really in bad shape, short of that I’d stay with the cleaner. There are others that work extremely well like some car fabric cleaners that are used to clean plastic dashboards, etc. Like I said I’ve used a lot of different things but you can’t go wrong with the Aramith ball cleaner it will save you a lot of time.