Getting Closer to Launch

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is set up and some *very* high level 14.1 players have taken an interest.

Standby for news:

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 20210929_224922.jpg
    20210929_224922.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 410
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 412

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang. I thought it said lunch.

But this is cool too...I'm not on Facebook so I appreciate the updates here.

I made the pockets too tight when I fixed up my table. I'm never gonna break 50 let alone a real number. Where's the table located? I'm starting to get out and about again, would like to see some good 14.1 if possible.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I made the pockets too tight when I fixed up my table. I'm never gonna break 50 let alone a real number. Where's the table located? I'm starting to get out and about again, would like to see some good 14.1 if possible.
Alexandria, VA. Street lights billiard academy.

Gonna be a real good pool show. Looking forward to it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Alexandria, VA.

I think for 14.1 high runs you have to be able to work the ball a bit and uber-tight pockets limit what a player can do.

Lou Figueroa

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Just looked the place up. Seems interesting and not too far from me. Not exactly close though. If it’s true 24/7 access that’s a great deal for a full time pool fiend

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alexandria, VA. Street lights billiard academy.

Gonna be a real good pool show. Looking forward to it.
Nice. I find myself in Richmond from time to time. Usually not when I can see my own breath, but I might make an exception and drive up for a night to be a rail bird. Look forward to the kick off.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. I find myself in Richmond from time to time. Usually not when I can see my own breath, but I might make an exception and drive up for a night to be a rail bird. Look forward to the kick off.
Better look at a map first!
Let me know when youre VA headed.
I like rum!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better look at a map first!
Let me know when youre VA headed.
I like rum!
Looks like about two hours maybe a little more from Richmond? I can do that with my eyes closed. Well, maybe not. Assume they have an airport up there to fly back home from there, so I will keep an eye out for details. Hopefully they have good rum.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like about two hours maybe a little more from Richmond? I can do that with my eyes closed. Well, maybe not. Assume they have an airport up there to fly back home from there, so I will keep an eye out for details. Hopefully they have good rum.

Joshua Filler was knocking them around a bit on the table last night.

Lou Figueroa

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
In my quick website overview, I only saw weekly and monthly prices. What are the prices for a days worth? Or what if you just want to sweat some action, what are the cover charges on those entries, if any? Looks like a nice place, hope it does you guys well!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my quick website overview, I only saw weekly and monthly prices. What are the prices for a days worth? Or what if you just want to sweat some action, what are the cover charges on those entries, if any? Looks like a nice place, hope it does you guys well!

I don't know the particulars concerning the room and membership -- perhaps someone who does will chirp.

Lou Figueroa

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get some details? I tried logging in and getting some info but nothing really available. Is this set up as an old school 14.1 table with big pockets and slow cloth or something? Any exhibitions in the works?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I suspect we will see some monstrous numbers. The template racking alone will make sure of that. I’m pretty excited to see this come to fruition.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m confused about the whole thing. The thread title makes me think something is coming to fruition - BB drops the name of the place where this OP picture had come from. It looks like a private club that’s been in business for at least a little while according to the website.

Ok I got into a Facebook account to see what that link was. It’s about a Legend of Straight Pool thing they’ve got going on at this private billiard spot. Seems cool. They’re going to be hosting exhibitions and matches and streaming them etc.

The Facebook group is called Legends of Pocket Billiards and it seems like they enjoy pool of all kinds: )