How many 9-foot tables do you need to have a professional exhibition match? Like two Pros facing each other?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I just went back to break room Billiards tonight. And I played on their single of 9ft table which is all the way in the back. It was awesome because like no one else was there in the back with me. Anyways I got to thinking they only have one 9-foot table. If they wanted to do something like how they had Shane Van boening and Earl Strickland play pool against each other in like an exhibition match. Could they do that again? Cuz before the match where they played on the 9-foot table. They were both playing on 9 foot table practicing. So I'm wondering like would One Professional be okay playing on a 7ft table to practice? Or would they have to take turns on the 9ft table? Or I guess what they even be willing to play on a 7-foot barbox Valley table? Cuz if both professionals played on 7 foot tables then we have plenty of those. I guess what is the thought out there?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
So I just went back to break room Billiards tonight. And I played on their single of 9ft table which is all the way in the back. It was awesome because like no one else was there in the back with me. Anyways I got to thinking they only have one 9-foot table. If they wanted to do something like how they had Shane Van boening and Earl Strickland play pool against each other in like an exhibition match. Could they do that again? Cuz before the match where they played on the 9-foot table. They were both playing on 9 foot table practicing. So I'm wondering like would One Professional be okay playing on a 7ft table to practice? Or would they have to take turns on the 9ft table? Or I guess what they even be willing to play on a 7-foot barbox Valley table? Cuz if both professionals played on 7 foot tables then we have plenty of those. I guess what is the thought out there?
For two professional players to play each other you need at least 7 tables.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For two professional players to play each other you need at least 7 tables.
Well, to be more precise it needs to be either seven 9-foot tables or nine 7-foot tables. It has everything to do with the total square inches available, and there is a rather arcane algorithm that takes into account the size of the tables, the magnitude of the players and the price of adult beverages at the venue, among other things.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

perhaps one

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Let me answer your question with a question. If your were to play a match against another equally skilled player on a 9' table how many 9' tables would be required for your match??? (assuming that you do not wear them out over the duration of the match which usually is not problematic)????

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me answer your question with a question. If your were to play a match against another equally skilled player on a 9' table how many 9' tables would be required for your match??? (assuming that you do not wear them out over the duration of the match which usually is not problematic)????
Who’s on first? What’s on second……😉😀

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How many sticks do you need? You're not going to make pros use their own equipment, are you? You don't make 'em bring their own tables...

pj
chgo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m guessing the OP drove his parents nuts with inane questions....like, uh “Why aren‘t all apples red?”

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guy's got this all wrong. Everybody knows that you need 3 tables. One for each player, and one table for a backup in case one breaks. :cool: