Getting Closer to Launch

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chucklein', would be nice if they knew how to use the calipers. The side they are using is for OUTSIDE Dimension.
The smaller points along the top edge are what they should use for INSIDE Dimension. Reckon they skipped that
week in shop class. chuckle.

the LCD numbers would be upside down in the photo, meaning we would have to hang upside down to read it

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chucklein', would be nice if they knew how to use the calipers. The side they are using is for OUTSIDE Dimension.
The smaller points along the top edge are what they should use for INSIDE Dimension. Reckon they skipped that

I will mention that and maybe we can get a better photo.

Lou Figueroa

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my quick website overview, I only saw weekly and monthly prices. What are the prices for a days worth? Or what if you just want to sweat some action, what are the cover charges on those entries, if any? Looks like a nice place, hope it does you guys well!
It is a PRIVATE club and anybody wanting to join or visit will have to get approval from the club. There have been many people that the club have not allowed entry. It is a very nice place and everybody there are very respectful. There is generally live streams daily and alot of top pros practice there all the time.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this is gonna be good.

Lou Figueroa
Lou,

It absolutely will be GREAT!

Very very well done, for all the reasons you mentioned. This is a proper 14.1 table. Would be fun for banks too.

Best
Fatboy<——not a fan of Uber tight pool tables transitioning into snooker tables…..

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It is a PRIVATE club and anybody wanting to join or visit will have to get approval from the club. There have been many people that the club have not allowed entry. It is a very nice place and everybody there are very respectful. There is generally live streams daily and alot of top pros practice there all the time.
So is this the "thing" you are doing or something else? Not what I expected but probably just mee reading too much into it. I thought we were talking multiple tables at your home...but again, probably me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The event that is getting closer to launch is “legends of straight pool” which seems like a series of streamed exhibitions or challenge matches that will take place on a table set up for it inside this private billiard academy.

I was confused at first as well because I don’t have Facebook so the link in the OP didn’t show up properly I guess. There is a Facebook group called Legends of pocket billiards and they have a video up talking about this situation here.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the sanctuary aspect. Main ingredient to quality anything IMO. (relax I'm not likely to be headed your way) I think something like this should eventually include a training facility with specialized equipment. One thing that comes to mind besides hypertight pockets is a "driving range". Is there any table in the world that will allow a player to hit a ball a hundred feet? 50? 20? Yet it would be a simple matter to build a driving lane for pool. 20 or 30 feet should do it. The idea of course is precision and consistency that would exceed anything one would encounter on standard equipment.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Seems like this is a ritzy version of what the folks in Europe do. They do clubs,
kinda like the Boys & Girls clubs that used to be in most larger towns and cities.
I don't know how they work the memberships so perhaps someone from 'over there'
could explain it. With folks the like of "The Hitman", "The Kiser", Both Fillers, the
Ocean (sp?), kids being products of them :unsure: might be something to be considered.
They even have inter-club matches so your not playing the same folks all the time.

hank

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I spoke to someone who knows about such things (I don't know diddly do-da about calipers) and he said that for real-life purposes the measurement was good, perhaps a few thousandths of an inch off.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So they’re not letting the public in to witness the high run attempts?

No public.

However, there will always be club members in house, tech guys, commentator(s) when possible, and someone to rack the balls. And when attempts are being made the table will be streamed and recorded.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

It absolutely will be GREAT!

Very very well done, for all the reasons you mentioned. This is a proper 14.1 table. Would be fun for banks too.

Best
Fatboy<——not a fan of Uber tight pool tables transitioning into snooker tables…..

Eric, I think there will be some significant numbers put up.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So is this the "thing" you are doing or something else? Not what I expected but probably just mee reading too much into it. I thought we were talking multiple tables at your home...but again, probably me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The final plan does differ a bit from how this was originally envisioned and the decision was that one table at the club locale was far more workable.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The event that is getting closer to launch is “legends of straight pool” which seems like a series of streamed exhibitions or challenge matches that will take place on a table set up for it inside this private billiard academy.

I was confused at first as well because I don’t have Facebook so the link in the OP didn’t show up properly I guess. There is a Facebook group called Legends of pocket billiards and they have a video up talking about this situation here.

Right, the idea is to incentivize select 14.1 players to go for a high run.

Basically the thought was that, really, there has been no incentive for guys to go for a big run. Then there have also been the issues of locale, having access to a table set up specifically for 14.1, and having equipment to stream and record the attempts. It is no mean feat to pull this together. As great as the 14.1 event at the DCC was, getting a high run to even begin to challenge Mosconi's record was highly unlikely on a Diamond tables.

So this event is designed to push past all those issues and give a few players the opportunity to put up a big number. I believe we may see the initial attempt the first week of November. I know who the player is but schedules and pool players make me nervous so I'd like to wait a bit before an announcement.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric, I think there will be some significant numbers put up.

Lou Figueroa
I agee. And it will a fun table to play on. Better late than never the pockets are opening up to their correct size. If someone is capable of running a 10 pack-good for them. I was never a subscriber of the “make the pockets smaller to keep the high runs down” no matter what game. Except 1P which I believe is a better game on a tight table.

Very very nice Lou, I’m super glad to see you doing this.

Fatboy Approved

Best
Fatboy

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agee. And it will a fun table to play on. Better late than never the pockets are opening up to their correct size. If someone is capable of running a 10 pack-good for them. I was never a subscriber of the “make the pockets smaller to keep the high runs down” no matter what game. Except 1P which I believe is a better game on a tight table.

Very very nice Lou, I’m super glad to see you doing this.

Fatboy Approved

Best
Fatboy

Well, I'm just the spokesmodel for the event here on AZ -- the man behind this is BC aka wrldpro.

Lou Figueroa