Ohio Open, US PRO SERIES

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good post. You seem to be right that the best players win regardless so I stand corrected.

Regardless, based on the lack of attendance and public outcry, it's safe to say that the players generally don't like the format. So why would they choose a format that most players don't like? It just doesn't make any sense to me. It's great that this tour exists but why the sudden change in format.

Pool is crazy with all of the constant rule changes and format changes. I can't think of any other sport that does anything similar. It's wild!

Good post. I do have to ask, what public outcry are you referring to? I've only seen the outcry on this forum. I attended two of these events and didn't hear anything.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of you guys crack me up! Why, some of you guys are talking like you are Shane Van Boning's agent. When, in fact you are only spouting your own opinion.

Let's do it this way... post the link to the Facebook page of the pro that has said anything bad about this format. Then we will have it from the horse's mouth, not a bunch of pool cue hacks.( before anybody gets all pissy, I include myself in that "hack" group). If you find enough Pros to count up to fingers on one hand, (that would be five unless you were in a sawmill accident), I would be very surprised. And even then the opinions of only five Pros isn't going to change a damn thing.

When some of you are saying this format"has no place in pool", what you are saying is there is no place in pool for growth or change. Only death.

So there's the challenge for you... I want to hear it directly from the pro... Not somebody telling me what a pro said. Because guess what, there's at least a 50% chance you're full of shit. Why do I say that? Because everything you read on an internet forum should be considered 50% bullshit.
Shane posted on social media he thought the format was a joke and he wouldn't be participating. I read it; not giving you "bullshit". I don't have the time or inclination to scour his Facebook posts to "prove" it to you.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How tight are you with CSI? :unsure:
I'd say very tight. They (FargoRate i.e. Mike Page) are the title sponsor of the Ohio event and I'd wager there are financial interests revolving around the "tour's" success. Not a biased opinion to say the least.

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Darren Appleton through his World Pool Series events showed that even such a dubious thing as a pool shoot-out can be made more fascinating and challenging. Makes me wonder how one who decided to implement shoot-out decider could pick a 'standard' version over that one, proposed by Daz.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane posted on social media he thought the format was a joke and he wouldn't be participating.
And we're supposed to just take your word for it? Whatever. You certainly seem to have enough time to post on this forum.

Why can't you give straight answers? Social-media? Which one?

I ask for a link do a Facebook page. I don't care what your version of the story is. I would like to read it for myself.

That being said I know what you're going to say. You want me to go look it up for myself because you don't want to do it. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

And even if he said that word for word, that's just one person. It really doesn't mean that much even if it is Shane Van Boening.

gerryf

Shane posted on social media he thought the format was a joke and he wouldn't be participating. I read it; not giving you "bullshit". I don't have the time or inclination to scour his Facebook posts to "prove" it to you.
It's not on SVB's Facebook page, or his Instagram. Where did you read it?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And we're supposed to just take your word for it? Whatever. You certainly seem to have enough time to post on this forum.

Why can't you give straight answers? Social-media? Which one?

I ask for a link do a Facebook page. I don't care what your version of the story is. I would like to read it for myself.

That being said I know what you're going to say. You want me to go look it up for myself because you don't want to do it. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

And even if he said that word for word, that's just one person. It really doesn't mean that much even if it is Shane Van Boening.
I know what I read. Who do you think you are? I don't owe you a damn thing! Do your own research.

As I stated above, he posted it in response to someone else's post stating he didn't like the format and he wouldn't be playing in future events.

You can believe it or not but why else would he not be playing in any of the events after the first?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not on SVB's Facebook page, or his Instagram. Where did you read it?
It wasn't in a post of his. It was a reply/comment on a post that had a thousand other responses. Basically that the format was a joke and agreed by a number of pros in the chain. Don't recall him specifically saying he wouldn't be playing in any of them down the road. But sort of obvious as he is out fishing now. :ROFLMAO: Presumably Vegas will be the exception.

Was hoping when it all came out about this series that it would have been Predator's show rather than just sponsoring and having CSI run things. Oh well.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know what I read. Who do you think you are? I don't owe you a damn thing! Do your own research.

As I stated above, he posted it in response to someone else's post stating he didn't like the format and he wouldn't be playing in future events.

You can believe it or not but why else would he not be playing in any of the events after the first?
I already posted way above this that you would say that. Just because some idiot says something on an internet Forum I'm supposed to just believe it? Until you prove it, I don't give a damn what you say. As a matter of fact oh, you can piss up a rope, wad it into a big ball, and shove it straight up your ass.

gerryf

It wasn't in a post of his. It was a reply/comment on a post that had a thousand other responses. Basically that the format was a joke and agreed by a number of pros in the chain. Don't recall him specifically saying he wouldn't be playing in any of them down the road. But sort of obvious as he is out fishing now. :ROFLMAO: Presumably Vegas will be the exception.

Was hoping when it all came out about this series that it would have been Predator's show rather than just sponsoring and having CSI run things. Oh well.
You don't have any idea who's post it was? It would be illuminating to read the other comments.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have any idea who's post it was? It would be illuminating to read the other comments.
Not off hand. I would guess it would be one of the Predator Vegas Diamond10 ball posts on the CSI Facebook page. He didn't attend the AZ event if I recall, nor the others after Vegas.

gerryf

Not off hand. I would guess it would be one of the Predator Vegas Diamond10 ball posts on the CSI Facebook page. He didn't attend the AZ event if I recall, nor the others after Vegas.
Nothing on Pro Billiards Facebook page, or on the CSI Facebook page.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already posted way above this that you would say that. Just because some idiot says something on an internet Forum I'm supposed to just believe it? Until you prove it, I don't give a damn what you say. As a matter of fact oh, you can piss up a rope, wad it into a big ball, and shove it straight up your ass.
Of course you posted it way above. You ain't fooling anybody with your rigged posts.

Why would anyone do your work for you to prove your dumb ass wrong when you have already pre-stipulated that you don't even care if someone proves it to you as "And even if he said that word for word, that's just one person. It really doesn't mean that much even if it is Shane Van Boening."

Another Tool to the Ignore list.