For sale section

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So professional. This forum is over 20 years old maybe it and some members should grow up already. Time to grow up guys and try to be more professional.
Its an OPEN pool forum bud. WTF does 'being profesional' have to do with anything??? Look, you asked a question as well a opened a poll. Based on the 80% against and most of the other answers you're seriously losing so quit whining and either sell your stuff here or take it down the road. No one is gonna care either way.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
If your other sites work so well for your sales business, why are you wasting your time here trying to turn a free website into your personal sales office without even paying rent?
So I can live rent free in your head. What I don't understand is why some are resisting bringing a higher level of professionalism to the sales forum? No one is asking for them to give up their random ramblings in the public forums.

dirtvictim

Its an OPEN pool forum bud. WTF does 'being profesional' have to do with anything??? Look, you asked a question as well a opened a poll. Based on the 80% against and most of the other answers you're seriously losing so quit whining and either sell your stuff here or take it down the road. No one is gonna care either way.
Your reply says it all. You cannot be trusted to remain professional.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's is when you are trying to make a lame example that fails, in order to embarrass someone. Oh you didn't know how that works? How embarrassing.
Am I being victim shamed now? It’s all so confusing. Maybe you’re right, I’m just lame.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I can live rent free in your head. What I don't understand is why some are resisting bringing a higher level of professionalism to the sales forum? No one is asking for them to give up their random ramblings in the public forums.

Why are you here?

Are you bored and in need of chat buddies?

Maybe people DO NOT LIKE YOUR PROPOSAL!

Get it?

Got it?

Good!

dirtvictim

Is it “professional” to come on a website and whine all day in front of potential customers?
It is professional to make a plan and work the plan. What you call whining are facts and truth that you don't want to hear or face.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
It is professional to make a plan and work the plan. What you call whining are facts and truth that you don't want to hear or face.
So very few share your opinion, and you start two threads to try and get some agreement. So professional at whining when things don't go your way?

dirtvictim

I banned 3 thieves this week on a forum. People trying to scam a forum member that had something for sale, or wanted to buy, in classifieds. The criminals in every case tried to do their dirty deed by taking everything to PM immediately and not post publicly where the other forum members could see the interaction. Happens ALL THE TIME that way. In two of those cases the azzhole thief sent a PM to the poster and said "contact Bill, he's looking for that. His email is blah, blah, blah".

Thieves like to operate in darkness...more eyes on posts in classifieds have several benefits this being one of them. Sorry man...this "professional versus unprofessional" schtick is just plain odd. Not thinking interested parties should be able to ask a question of the seller is even odder. Makes me suspicious of you based on experience.

There is also an audit trail when posts are public. We never delete classifieds transactions, rather move them to a dump forum. They can always be recovered in the event of dispute. Can't do that with PM's.
It sounds like you are doing your job as a mod and thanks for that, it's a pain job I know from mods on other sites, that's why they work to make it easier on themselves in every way possible.

dirtvictim

So very few share your opinion, and you start two threads to try and get some agreement. So professional at whining when things don't go your way?
No it's called driving the market. Controversy makes people think and react and sometimes open their minds. It seems to be working.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like you are doing your job as a mod and thanks for that, it's a pain job I know from mods on other sites, that's why they work to make it easier on themselves in every way possible.
You are taking up bandwidth with your nonsense.

We are supposed to worry about the bandwidth, aren’t we?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may not get to sleep tonite knowing that i may have used up too much precious bandwidth. I'm so jarred over it i may just have to leave a few pesky sales ad comments. ;)

dirtvictim

You are taking up bandwidth with your nonsense.

We are supposed to worry about the bandwidth, aren’t we?
I needed more than 2 substantial reasons to eliminate replies in sales posts so I used the old go to bandwidth as a filler.
This has run its course too many unprofessional emotional remarks so I think I'll leave it alone.
I will however keep an eye on the poll and when I see replies there that have nothing to do with the poll question I will be sure to point out how some members cannot be trusted to follow simple rules giving even more reason they shouldn't reply in sale posts. When the poll runs it's course then we shall see the result.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I don't know about easier; funner might be the right word. It's just so much like hunting and fishing...you are only successful in slaying the game when they make a mistake. The deer steps out in the open, the pheasant runs into an open spot forced to fly, the fish can't resist the chug-a-lug sound of a top water jitterbug at night, hungry or not.

It's not about easy it's about winning the game.

When it comes to sales, I have learned one thing after selling millions and millions of products and services to Fortune 1000 companies and the world's largest banks. I am going to share that secret recipe with you now so you can finally prosper.

The secret is......wait for it.....senior buyers agree.....don't be an azzhole.