A Run of 642?

L.S. Dennis

I read somewhere that is guy had a supposed run of 642 anyone know anything about Tom Parker?

Attachments

• EEBB0FC4-9244-4D0B-BA4E-6931BC5F21E0.jpeg
    EEBB0FC4-9244-4D0B-BA4E-6931BC5F21E0.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know about any 640 ball run, never heard that story before. I do know that he was a great player that lived in Cleveland and mostly gave lessons and stuff like that. I never heard much about him gambling, but that may be because no one wanted to gamble with him. I doubt he would have come to Dayton to play George Rood though. Rood challenged the Ohio State 14.1 champion Buddy Wallace, who was also from Cleveland, to play for $5,000 after Wallace bragged about playing anyone in Ohio. Wallace stayed quiet after that.

Now Chuck Morgan, he was the real deal, probably the top money player in Ohio back then (60's and 70's). All I ever heard about was him beating one guy after another. He didn't show his face at the Dayton tournaments because he didn't want everyone to know what he looked like. There was no reason for him to play George Rood. It would have killed his action either way. I don't think they ever played and they both knew about each other. I know George would have played him though. He wasn't afraid to play anyone! Mike Gulyassy knew all these guys and grew up around them. Mike turned out to be a jam up player as well and good cuemaker too.

L.S. Dennis

Something I found, supported by Dick Leonard not sure who he is

Attachments

• 1551A649-8B02-4201-85A1-9A15EF9952BF.jpeg
    1551A649-8B02-4201-85A1-9A15EF9952BF.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 127

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something I found, supported by Dick Leonard not sure who he is
Tough to put a lot of stock in hearsay reports. Could it have happened? Possibly. Likely? I don't think so. I would think a run that big would draw a pretty good crowd pretty quick in any room i've ever been in. No clue who Dick Leonard is.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Tough to put a lot of stock in hearsay reports. Could it have happened? Possibly. Likely? I don't think so. I would think a run that big would draw a pretty good crowd pretty quick in any room i've ever been in. No clue who Dick Leonard is.

they sure put plenty of stock into cranefields 700 where no one person saw the whole supposed thing but him

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this Tom Parker 642 story was found to be not much more than a rumor in a recent thread here on AZ.