Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_5658 2.jpg
    IMG_5658 2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 88

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not make them 6" corner pockets😅then someone might break Johns record, but would it really mean anything if John set the bar on 4 3/4" corner pockets?

I may be wrong but from what I've heard JS' pockets were not 4 3/4".

Besides, he did it to top Mosconi's record and we all know that was on a 4x8 with 5+" pockets, so apparently variations are OK and any comparisons will still be valid.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I believe it's a GC3 that was in storage at a university.

Lou Figueroa
What does the throat of the pocket measure? It sure don't measure the stock 4 5/8"ths which means the pocket miter angles have been reduced so the pockets take balls like a catchers mit🤔

A stock 5" GC pocket used 143 meters, those almost have no angle to them at all.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does the throat of the pocket measure? It sure don't measure the stock 4 5/8"ths which means the pocket miter angles have been reduced so the pockets take balls like a catchers mit🤔

A stock 5" GC pocket used 143 meters, those almost have no angle to them at all.

Obviously we have calipers available...

So, when you tell me all about JS' table pockets, angles, throats, shelf, etc. I think we can provide similar data. But until you or someone else does it's kinda irrelevant, no?

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't know about gaffe tabes.

Maybe you could show me JS' pockets to compare and contrast?

Lou Figueroa
What does JS have to do with purposely setting up a table with pockets that have almost no chance of rattling a ball just to see if someone can set a new high run record??

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does JS have to do with purposely setting up a table with pockets that have almost no chance of rattling a ball just to see if someone can set a new high run record??
Lol.

But the upcoming event has nothing to do with John's accomplishment.

Except when it does.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You get a bunch of great players focused on a goal?.... to beat a number and each other in a similar setting?.................... these are the conditions that produce greatness. I hope someone blows the lid off of this thing.
Extremely high runs in 14.1 happen when you least expect it to happen, not when you simply get a group of pros together and try making it happen😅

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Extremely high runs in 14.1 happen when you least expect it to happen, not when you simply get a group of pros together and try making it happen😅
Not to take Glen's side or anything but when you had the DCC 14.1 challenge, in which high runs determined who got to the final 8, no one put up an extremely high run. If I remember right, no one went over 300. But it depends on what someone calls extremely high run. To me, I think over 400 is extremely high. But to take the other side as well, that was a normal 9ft diamond table and one year it was a 10ft table. So the conditions were not really favorable for a huge run. The table conditions that will be used for this endeavor, however, will be more favorable for a large run. Similar table conditions gave us the original 526 and JS's 626. But as I stated before, I am really interested to see what happens with this. We could get a couple huge runs or no runs over 300. It will be a coin flip.