International Open

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened to the brackets? Where can we see today's results? Or is it a secret?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m burned out as a fan. Too many tournaments I think. I wouldn’t have believed I’d ever say that but I just did. I can understand why some of the pros skipped a few of these back to back to back events.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one seems interested in this thing- I haven't seen a single score for any match posted in these forums
Unfortunately it's become only a mid level event on the World Pro Tour. This is due to fewer players, lower entry fee and less added money. First prize here is 30K compared to the 50K on top for the U.S. Open and World Pool Championship. Even the World Ten Ball in Vegas had 35K on top and better payouts down the line. Yet, because of it being so well produced (Streaming issues notwithstanding) there is still a very strong field of players.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately it's become only a mid level event on the World Pro Tour. This is due to fewer players, lower entry fee and less added money. First prize here is 30K compared to the 50K on top for the U.S. Open and World Pool Championship. Even the World Ten Ball in Vegas had 35K on top and better payouts down the line. Yet, because of it being so well produced (Streaming issues notwithstanding) there is still a very strong field of players.
Just my $.02 here but i think the powers-that-be(?????) should have a sit-down and put together a schedule that has decent events throughout the year. Seems like they are done in a random way with clusters of tournaments then gaps with either nothing or just smaller regional stuff. Maybe some of the regional events could be used as qualif's for the bigger stuff. Hell, i don't know. Just throwing something out there.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Just my $.02 here but i think the powers-that-be(?????) should have a sit-down and put together a schedule that has decent events throughout the year. Seems like they are done in a random way with clusters of tournaments then gaps with either nothing or just smaller regional stuff. Maybe some of the regional events could be used as qualif's for the bigger stuff. Hell, i don't know. Just throwing something out there.
This works out much better for people traveling from other countries since that's a huge expense to fly from Europe, Taiwan, etc. Plus everybody should keep improving since they are in nonstop action for a few months straight.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This works out much better for people traveling from other countries since that's a huge expense to fly from Europe, Taiwan, etc. Plus everybody should keep improving since they are in nonstop action for a few months straight.
Good point(s).

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it being dragged out so we can watch most matches live, I'm not big on watching reruns. That's just me though
I never watch re runs unless i make a concerted effort to not know the results and watch it immediately the next morning. I use to do that w the UFC when you could DVR them.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It‘s a well run, traditional event, and this year they’re including both an 18/under boys and girls event. I think it’s encouraging to include these young players and allow them to play alongside the pros on a big stage - it’s good for the future of our game.

Next year, hopefully the pandemic will be less of an issue and more foreign players will be able to come over (particularly the champs from Asia), and a true, International field will be able to contend for this venerable title.

VVP

Registered
Maybe not much talk here because it is PPV and limited subscribers. One-pocket was fantastic and well worth the entire PPV fee. 10 ball was nice and worth watching. Very nice 9 ball match last night between Orcollo and Gorst ...some initial bad play from Orcollo but the match has some of the best shot in the tournament so far. Oh and if you want to see Earl hit and pray, watch his match against Grabe :ROFLMAO:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So wait a minute, the last 16 players from the winners side were shuffled around to play the last sixteen players from the losers side in a single race elimination round? How the heck does that make sense? Or did I read that wrong?

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I've found it hard to keep up as the first three days of the main table stream were the Bigfoot event. It's a good event but sort of puts the Nine Ball event on the back burner. I had streaming issues with the outside tables.