The Jointed Cue Pool Hall Re-Opened After 4 Years in Sacramento

Timkrieger

After an ADA lawsuit shakedown and lots of renovations, The Jointed Cue pool hall is back in Sacramento after being closed for 4 years. Lots of good memories here including breakfast and pool before college classes. Really happy to see it reopened, better than ever. This place has a beautiful tournament room.

Attachments

• 6094C4E9-4603-469E-80ED-088D874F77CD.jpeg
    6094C4E9-4603-469E-80ED-088D874F77CD.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 9DE617AB-99D3-4AF4-B836-A348BF570FDA.jpeg
    9DE617AB-99D3-4AF4-B836-A348BF570FDA.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 261
  • BB2EA2CF-A577-46BA-B79A-5DC88A715A99.jpeg
    BB2EA2CF-A577-46BA-B79A-5DC88A715A99.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 50CC3CC9-74B9-4187-A90E-C203459B2BD0.jpeg
    50CC3CC9-74B9-4187-A90E-C203459B2BD0.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 3DBB25A8-7724-461F-8E45-AA1C9CA42DC7.jpeg
    3DBB25A8-7724-461F-8E45-AA1C9CA42DC7.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 7661C14F-E682-465F-BC7A-A8FF8D9B7DE4.jpeg
    7661C14F-E682-465F-BC7A-A8FF8D9B7DE4.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 234

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After an ADA lawsuit shakedown and lots of renovations, The Jointed Cue pool hall is back in Sacramento after being closed for 4 years. Lots of good memories here including breakfast and pool before college classes. Really happy to see it reopened, better than ever. This place has a beautiful tournament room.
Thanks for sharing the news! Still mostly Gold Crowns in the main room or did they switch to Diamond?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great news! Started by the Stonier family in the 1960's the Jointed Cue was a pool institution in California for decades. It's founder Terry Stonier was one of pool's biggest benefactors and promoters on the West Coast for many, many years. He loved pool and the players and welcomed them with open arms. I'm so fortunate to have known and been influenced by Terry and Chuck Markulis (Hard Times founder) in my quest to promote the game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a cool spot. Love the bleacher seats. Glad they're back. Bet that asswipe that sued them doesn't come near the place. Looks like he's filed over 2,000 ADA related cases. Most over really nitty details.

Last edited:

Timkrieger

Thanks for sharing the news! Still mostly Gold Crowns in the main room or did they switch to Diamond?
All beautiful Gold Crowns in the main room, newly recovered. 2 Billiard tables up front. Tournament room has 2 Diamond Pro Ams with 4.15” pockets and 2 Gold Crowns with 4.5” pockets. The grill is fully operational, lots of bacon and eggs and bacon cheeseburgers being served up! The other good news is it’s been packed daily.

Timkrieger

What a cool spot. Love the bleacher seats. Glad they're back. Bet that asswipe that sued them doesn't come near the place. Looks like he's filed over 2,000 ADA related cases. Most over really nitty details.
That guy actually went to jail recently on tax issues. Yes, he caused a lot of harm to small family businesses over the years in Northern California using extortion tactics.

Timkrieger

Great news! Started by the Stonier family in the 1960's the Jointed Cue was a pool institution in California for decades. It's founder Terry Stonier was one of pool's biggest benefactors and promoters on the West Coast for many, many years. He loved pool and the players and welcomed them with open arms. I'm so fortunate to have known and been influenced by Terry and Chuck Markulis (Hard Times founder) in my quest to promote the game.
Jay, just been reading your book this week! Loving it! Thanks for all the contribution to the sport. The current Jointed Cue owners have preserved all the history, all the pictures, even the old tournament brackets are on display. My late uncle spent a lot of his youth at the Jointed Cue in the late ‘60’s, early ‘70’s and always referred to it as “Terry Stonier’s place”. Terry was very highly respected. Heard lots of good stories over the years. My uncle even got robbed there at gunpoint during a poker game...the good old days! 😂

Timkrieger

Not sure. I know part of the construction renovation was bringing the bathrooms fully up to code, so all the necessary changes were made. The former owner who was targeted by the extortionist had no choice but to close and then he did sell to the new owners as I understand. New owners seem to be first class, made big investments to modernize and get up to code while preserving all the history and character of the place. Staff is first class too, all seem to be great people that love pool.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That guy actually went to jail recently on tax issues. Yes, he caused a lot of harm to small family businesses over the years in Northern California using extortion tactics.
His IRS suit is still going on. He got an extension due to covid til next year. He's still filing his butthurt extortion cases.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the pics of the brackets from the Miller tourneys there from 79 & 80? They were on the wall next to the door into the tourney room.