Greatest living, active Cuemakers, three categories.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
1. Unique designs, artistic talent.

2. Bang for buck, great cues, but prices are not crazy.

3. Quality, attention to smallest detail, strive for protection.

Please limit your choices to maximum of the nomination in each category.

Must not be retired, or deceased.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
1) not qualified to comment
2) chris nitti
andy gilbert
3)3. Quality, attention to smallest detail, strive for protection.
searing because he needs protection from the many customers he left waffling in the breeze.... 😂

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Once again you didn't proofread your post and correct the major errors before posting like most other people do, but trying to do some mind reading it sounds like you were trying to say "perfection" for #3 and to limit ourselves to just one selection for each category. If that is the case, some quick picks for each off the top of my head:

1. Thomas Wayne, and second may not even be close
2. Haven't even held one but based on all the reviews, cues from David Brainard at cuesdirectly have to be up there pretty high for best value
3. Ron Haley

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Dzuricki
This cue has everything going for it, impeccable construction, hit you have to feel to believe, and one of the best in hand feel of any cue I have used. Have to also say that the Jacoby one off custom I tried the other week, that a friend of mine was selling, would give it a run for its money.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#1 Joel Hercek…for artistic talent and handsome designs.

#2 Bob Owen……incredible cues without incredible prices.

#3 Bob Owen……strives for perfection with every cue made.

p.s. He’s really that good to deserve being mentioned twice.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

On # 3 you MUST mean Strive for Perfection not Protection- correct?

I don't care about # 1, for #2 and #3 I would nominate the following , just based on my ownership of their cues: Dzuricky, Capone, Troy Downey, Gilbert.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Once again you didn't proofread your post and correct the major errors before posting like most other people do, but trying to do some mind reading it sounds like you were trying to say "perfection" for #3 and to limit ourselves to just one selection for each category. If that is the case, some quick picks for each off the top of my head:

1. Thomas Wayne, and second may not even be close
2. Haven't even held one but based on all the reviews, cues from David Brainard at cuesdirectly have to be up there pretty high for best value
3. Ron Haley

See if this is spelled correct. Go get life.

Or quit crying about noting, your a NIT PICKING FOOL.

Spelling and Grammar school ended for me decade ago.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See if this is spelled correct (correctly). Go get life.

Or quit crying about noting (nothing), your (you're) a NIT PICKING FOOL.

Spelling and Grammar school ended for me decade (decades) ago.
Just made a couple minor adjustments to your post. I'm guessing that your "Spelling and Grammar school" ended voluntarily? If you're going to call people names and act like an ass, people are going to continue giving you a hard time. It's how the world works. Don't be so sensitive.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect

1,Ed Prewitt
2, Mike Stacey
3 Bob Owen
There are others to be sure that overlap those categories. Like AC AE

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
1) not qualified to comment
2) chris nitti
andy gilbert
3)3. Quality, attention to smallest detail, strive for protection.
searing because he needs protection from the many customers he left waffling in the breeze.... 😂
I'll be down there(Searings shop) in December if you'd like to stop by

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

There's only one name for all 3 - Searing! Every cue bought directly from him can immediately be sold for more than purchase price by more than a little.

All the other names are just nonsense

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very long time ago when I first joined the Forum, I posted a question about Searing cues.
I’ve not played with one of his cues but I have viewed and handled a couple of Searing cues.

I challenged what makes his cues so extraordinary and I was criticized for suggesting other
cue makers were every bit as talented and I even mentioned some top names in cue making.

To this day, owning one of his cues has never personally interested me & it is not because of price.
IMO, there are so many cue makers I’d prefer owning over a Searing cue & it’s not just Joel Hercek.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Or quit crying about noting, your a NIT PICKING FOOL.
When your writing is so bad that it is difficult and takes effort to try to figure out what you are trying to say, and often ends up requiring some guessing, that is not "nothing", and it damn sure isn't "nit picking". That would instead be a big problem that you need to work on.
Spelling and Grammar school ended for me decade ago.
Nobody is saying you need to be perfect, but it also shouldn't constantly be a damn struggle just trying to decipher what you are trying to say. Surely you are a reasonable enough person that you agree with that. The good news is that the majority of your problem is just laziness and selfishness/narcissism. All you need to do to have the majority of your posts be mostly readable is to just proofread your post before hitting "post reply", and correct any obvious big errors you can find that make it tough to read. Once you have made corrections, reread it again to make sure that it now reads easily, and if it doesn't, correct it again. Repeat until you have a post that is easy to read, and only then hit "post reply" to send it through. Sometimes that will be real quick, sometimes that will take a bit more time, but you will get much better and faster at it over time.

That is the process almost everybody uses. Yes, it takes a bit of effort, but hundreds of people shouldn't be having to make lots of effort just so you can avoid having to make any effort at all. That would be lazy, selfish, and narcissistic on your part, and hopefully it is a case where you just never stopped to think about it and never realized that and would never actually want to be that way and so you will be making an effort to change it. The alternative is that you really are just a selfish narcissist at your core who could care less about everyone else and in your mind you are the only person that matters or needs to be considered.

Last edited:

jbullerjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We have a lot of fire power right here in Texas

1. Shelby Williams
2. Jerry Olivier
3. Larry Vigus

1 and 3 could be swapped easily