How do you guys handle the loud music at pool halls?

I bring earbuds unless I'm playing with people. One time, I played someone who worked at the room but was off practicing 9ball. No animosity with each other (because why upset a hand that pours :p ) but we mutually had our earbuds in except when we were actually conversing with each other. :D

pw98

Registered
Get some of those noise canceling earphones. I don't use them but my friend sometimes does and its like he is deaf when they are on.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I once played Bob Dylan - It's alright ma on the jukebox and the bartender turned it off half way through. One of the customers said "what is this?" Not with anger, genuine confusion.

Play the long version of Inna Gadda Divida (sp)/ The drum solo last forever.

That'll make the volume change.

Jeff Livingston

phreaticus

Or load up the juke box with what you like to hear before someone loads it with rap crap or whatever non-pool music they like. AC/DC is not pool music, btw.

Jeff Livingston
What? ACDC is definitely pool music brother, we’re going to have to cut you off

All this diversity is what makes jukebox scenes so great. And the fact that so many pool players get hilariously ruffled by loud stuff they don’t like 😂

✌️

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
What? ACDC is definitely pool music brother, we’re going to have to cut you off

All this diversity is what makes jukebox scenes so great. And the fact that so many pool players get hilariously ruffled by loud stuff they don’t like 😂

✌️

Not when they're screeching, it's not.

Hell's Bells about ruined my patience. It helped long term with dealing with music that sharks a player's soul, but man, it took a long time for me.

With that said, their song about getting to the top of rock n roll, or something along those lines, is the nuts.

Jeff Livingston