How do you guys handle the loud music at pool halls?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm curious what are some ways you guys handle the loud music from the blaring jukebox at the pool hall? I'm trying ear plugs at the moment anyone else got any other recommendations?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a girl in our league that plays music that us older folks are not particularly fond of, and quite loud. In fact league members have actually asked the workers there to actually turn it down at times, but then when they do, she just gets on her phone ands turns it right back up. Used to really bother me at times, but then I realized that I never actually herd it when it was my turn at the table to shoot. While I'm just an average player, I must be concentrating on my shot enough that it actually blocks it out. Her music no longer bothers me.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use headphones made for shooting. Light, comfortable and stop the noise. My ears don't ring for week anymore :)

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always have shooting plugs in my car for the shooting range. I like to put them in before I approach the range. If I'm shooting pool where there is music blasting, I just go out to the car and grab my plugs.

middleofnowhere

Registered
So I'm curious what are some ways you guys handle the loud music from the blaring jukebox at the pool hall? I'm trying ear plugs at the moment anyone else got any other recommendations?
Ear plugs work fine. I used them in bars with loud music. I always had long hair, still do, so no one really knew. I actually understand some rooms don't have sound systems and it has to be a little loud to fill the room.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tinnitus has run me out of our local pool room that I've frequented for years. Speakers every 15 feet or so that have bass sounds that you hear driving up to the building. It's on the second floor of a older brick building. When I have to play league there earplugs are a must. They enjoy the volume at the level were you need to yell at your teammate setting beside you.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only pool hall I go to always keeps the music at a comfortable level so no issues here. If I'm playing in a bar for leagues and the music is too loud I ask the bartender to turn it down. I tip well with each drink order, so that is usually not an issue, either. If they won't turn it down the tips stop and I leave as soon as I am done with the league play. As to not liking the type of music, I figure that if someone pays to hear it I can be tolerant enough to not make a thing of it. After all, if I really don't want to hear it I can pay for something I do like. Neither the loudness nor the genre seem to affect my shooting, just my comfort level.

Sneakyjumper

download.jpeg.jpg

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I walked out of the Montana State 8-ball Championship, music(at that level i doubt it can be called music) was so loud the balls on the table were moving. The table was right next to a giant speaker, many players asked to turn it down. The drink runner said they cant turn it down. Sucks that the bar owner was catering to 20 or so drinkers at the barthat were not in the tourny, NOT the 96 pool players playing the tourny. I will never go back.