How do you guys handle the loud music at pool halls?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
This one gets a different reaction. I can remember hearing it in the pool room for the first time. Was too funny.
I thought I was trippin, but the post you quoted really isn’t in this thread that I can find.

It’s alright, ma by bob Dylan is one of the greatest songs of all time. Who the hell would turn that off mid-play?

I started working on that song a while back. Tough timing to keep while sing-talking with the proper cadence.

I hate loud music. Except when I don’t lol. Just depends on my mood/locale but in a public place, music loud enough that talking becomes a chore just irritates the hell out of me. It makes it not even worth it to talk and if you’re not in a dancing place the music actually seems to isolate instead of bringing together.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
It's better than it used to be, imho.

I haven't left a bar to get rid of the music for a long time.

Jeff Livingsotn

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I asked the houseman if the music can be lowered. I got a “ look”. I left and did not go back. Aside from being too loud I could not handle the music itself.
This goes for restaurants/stores. Whole Foods near me is on blast mode. Staples same thing. That’s the thanks you get for bringing your business to them.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One room owner said. Buy ear plugs.
Hahaha
I said.
You want me to wear ear plugs AND spend money here.
Let me know how that works out for ya.

Then on Wednesday nites in Prov. The music (NOISE)
Has an assortment before it kicks into the wonderful sound tracks involving
F*****g, B***h, N****r and the always popular My wet P***y.
Volume thru the roof. The motto is,
You shouldn't be able to hear people talking 1 1/2 tables away, and he's willing to damage your hearing to prove it. Lights turned down to a dark bar room atmosphere. And don't move or say a word while the game is in play. The Director will come over and give your opponent ball in hand. Talk about a power trip.

By a very good Promoter of pool but an Absolute LOW CLASS LOSER in life.
YAYYYYY

Last edited:

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm curious what are some ways you guys handle the loud music from the blaring jukebox at the pool hall? I'm trying ear plugs at the moment anyone else got any other recommendations?
I prefer any music when the other option is hearing stupid conversations from the table next to me. I also read once that the part of our brain that we use to play pool is distracted easily with language, and I have always viewed this as true for me. So again, I think listening to morons flap their gums is more detrimental to my game than listening to Drake or Blake Shelton.

Just my 0.02

kollegedave

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I'm curious what are some ways you guys handle the loud music from the blaring jukebox at the pool hall? I'm trying ear plugs at the moment anyone else got any other recommendations?
Leave!
One room owner said. Buy ear plugs.
Hahaha
I said.
You want me to wear ear plugs AND spend money here.
Let me know how that works out for ya.

Then on Wednesday nites in Prov. The music (NOISE)
Has an assortment before it kicks into the wonderful sound tracks involving
F*****g, B***h, N****r and the always popular My wet P***y.
Volume thru the roof. The motto is,
You shouldn't be able to hear people talking 1 1/2 tables away, and he's willing to damage your hearing to prove it. Lights turned down to a dark bar room atmosphere. And don't move or say a word while the game is in play. The Director will come over and give your opponent ball in hand. Talk about a power trip.

By a very good Promoter of pool but an Absolute LOW CLASS LOSER in life.
YAYYYYY
I would never allow the vendor who handled my juke box to put Rap music or any of that garbage on my juke box. Most of the time I put soft rock on my sound system until someone put money in the juke box.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the bar box badlands of my youth, Pat Benatar, Kansas, Heart, etc., with the meters pegged and table lights shaking, so much smoke pouring out the door into the ninety degree night you'd think the place was on fire. Hotter girls on the hoods in the parking lot. Not my favorite music or mileau, but it was what it was.
Sounds cool. Oh, to return to those nights, eh?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good song to get ya rollin'

Everyday I'm Hustlin' by Rick Ross. If that doesn't put some pep in your step and make you want to run out you may be dead!
*radio edit.

If I have to much Pepsi Zero I can do this song by memory! o_O 🤣 :eek: :ROFLMAO: :love:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good song to get ya rollin'

Everyday I'm Hustlin' by Rick Ross. If that doesn't put some pep in your step and make you want to run out you may be dead!
*radio edit.

If I have to much Pepsi Zero I can do this song by memory! o_O 🤣 :eek: :ROFLMAO: :love:

Call me “dead”.

Some nice looking girls in the video, but I don’t consider the lyrics or soundtrack to be “music”.

:)

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is music.

I saw her about the same time this video was recorded and I think she wore the same dress in part of her show.

I was living in the Philippines and she came for a USO concert.

She was “HOT”!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
a good business doesnt have music thats very loud. all it does is alienate those that dont like that music or dont want to hear music. the customers shouldnt have to bring ear plugs.
if all the customers it has likes loud music it means it doesnt have all the customers it can have.

if you demand music, thats fine, turn on your phone with your earbuds and listen till it pops your ear drums. but leave mine alone.

i would leave as well. one day in the future you will think back about this and wish you had left also.