Dimond ball cleaner RPM

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've personally seen plenty of sets of balls destroyed from using the Bludworth ball polisher, how many have you seen?
Yes, I can certainly confirm that if the balls pop out of the holes, it does virtually destroy them. However, my Bludworth polisher has lasted me 25+ years and has spun roughly 25,000 sets of balls. The only replacements I’ve done on it are putting on new felt pads about once every year.

On a recent visit to recover all our tables, Ernesto did replace the piano hinge on the lid and installed a lock mechanism to keep the lid from possibly popping up while spinning. It’s now working even better than it was when it was brand new 25+ years ago.

northshoremb

Registered
My guess was 400
This is how I came up with 431rpm. Took a wild guess at 1.5" and 6" and what do ya know..lol
Screenshot_20211205-231058_Firefox.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I
Hey, at my dayjob last week, I had a situation come up, and I used your line! I told my coworker some crazy guy on a pool forum uses this line all the time and it was perfect for the conversation we were having. I want to say "thanks!"
I totally get it. I Epoxied the garage floor myself, just to see if I could and I built out the closets just to see if I could. For the closets, I just took a bunch of photos of closets while looking at houses. With enough caulk and paint, they eventually came out pretty good. Well, at least not bad for an accountant.

View attachment 618869
As an accountant, how many tools did you need to buy to complete your build?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, I can certainly confirm that if the balls pop out of the holes, it does virtually destroy them. However, my Bludworth polisher has lasted me 25+ years and has spun roughly 25,000 sets of balls. The only replacements I’ve done on it are putting on new felt pads about once every year.

On a recent visit to recover all our tables, Ernesto did replace the piano hinge on the lid and installed a lock mechanism to keep the lid from possibly popping up while spinning. It’s now working even better than it was when it was brand new 25+ years ago.
And still spins the balls in a perfect circle, like a yoyo.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And still spins the balls in a perfect circle, like a yoyo.
That might be an issue if it weren’t for the vertical felt pads lining the sides of the holes, which come in contact with the entire surface of the balls as they are spinning, so I really don’t see that’s a problem.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey, at my dayjob last week, I had a situation come up, and I used your line! I told my coworker some crazy guy on a pool forum uses this line all the time and it was perfect for the conversation we were having. I want to say "thanks!"
I wrote that I a sheet of paper, then taped it to the inside of the door in Chad's office, VP Diamond back in 2013 when l left on a delivery run. He's ended many arguments by pointing to that piece of paper then saying, 'don't tell me how, SHOW me!' The paper is still on Chad's door today😅🤣🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That might be an issue if it weren’t for the vertical felt pads lining the sides of the holes, which come in contact with the entire surface of the balls as they are spinning, so I really don’t see that’s a problem.
The axis of the balls don't spin anywhere near the speed of the center of the balls, and spinning at the speed of that motor, 1725rpms, the centrifical force of the balls spinning won't allow them to spin off axis, so the platter spinning, and the force of the balls against the front of the circle buffing pad is the only contact that is really trying to buff the balls with both surfaces contacting the same center of the balls, the spinning center, which is why when you watch the balls spinning, they're always trying to climb up out of the buffing holes they're spinning in, and always in a forward motion.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If you replaced that AC motor with a DC motor, then dialed the speed down to about 300rpms, and leaned the polisher at a 45 degree angle, it would polish the balls 100% because then the balls would be in contact with 100% of the circle buffing g pads, as they would lean left and right inside that same circle as they spin downhill and uphill with the 45 degree slant.

SlateMan

Registered
But they did add to the cost of building that closet, the benefits being you can now use those tools for other projects😅
Yes. Now that the lady of the house has her closet, she wants all of the closets and pantry to look like this. I do have to plug one of these tools, if you don't have a digital tape measure, get one. Most of my cuts fit like a puzzle.
Digital Tape Measure $35

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Sorry, but the Dayton blower motor is fan cooled internally. When it's hooked to a squirrel cage fan, there's no blow back air from the encaged fan to the motor to cool it!!!
Could be, most aren't. These blower motors generally are connected to a squirrel cage much like you believe, however the assembly is then mounted within the plenum. The air passes over/through the motor as it travels through the plenum on it's way to the squirrel cage.

Again, generally.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member